• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anti Recall bums stealing signs (Caught on video)

RandallFlagg

As part of Revealing Politics' "Recall Transparency Project" September 5, 2013 our team member, Alyssa, filmed two men walking down the street taking yes on recall signs that were outside the 100ft electioneering

[video=youtube_share;2HVeVvk9nbs]http://youtu.be/2HVeVvk9nbs[/video]

So, damn typical!
Remember when Morse actually said:
"I'm not in a dream," he said. "This is more a nightmare for democracy."
http://www.publicnewsservice.org/20...e-for-democracy/a33826-1#sthash.FXN9vqSV.dpuf

Some sick people out there, FRiends.
Keep a sharp eye.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Its a felony .. and actually one they enforce.

I was VP to a political organization in crook county ... taking signage down was a big no no, even for crook county.

RandallFlagg

Its a felony .. and actually one they enforce.

I was VP to a political organization in crook county ... taking signage down was a big no no, even for crook county.

Well, I'm spreading this video all over the place.
Hoping they recognize and arrest these vile pieces of used food.

Saxxon

Not sure its clear enough to ID their faces. Best would be to confront them with a police officer, that would be one case I'd like to see some police abuse meted out.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Whose property were these signs on?

Here in Kentucky signage such as this MUST be removed if it is on a State or city/county right-of-way. Could you give a little more detail as to the location of the signs that the individual was removing? Could he have been an employee of the state or of local government removing signs from a right-of-way? I noticed it was awful close the road, and a right-of-way normally extends several feet on each side of a side-walk.

I sure hope you guys get these worthless "representatives" removed from office tomorrow! Best of luck!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Not sure its clear enough to ID their faces. Best would be to confront them with a police officer, that would be one case I'd like to see some police abuse meted out.

Just a friendly heads-up.

While not an actual Rule 15 violation in my book, based on a recent application of the rule in another thread, a moderator may come along and criticize your post. Personally, I don't see the bolded text above as advocacy of illegal activity, but a moderator "interpreted" an even more remote comment to be a Rule 15 violation recently.

(15) WE ADVOCATE FOR THE 'LAW-ABIDING' ONLY: Posts advocating illegal acts of any kind are NOT welcome here. Even if you feel that a law is unconstitutional we do not break it, we repeal it or defeat it in the courts.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Different states, in fact different municipalities, have different laws.

I have from time to time made a personal hobby of removing illegal signs from the public right-of-way in locallities where I know the law. I consider these signs a blight - it is a public service I perform..........while OCing.

Logan 5

Grapeshot, I may be incorrect on this, but I don't think I am...I don't think it's legal to mess with the signs until AFTER the election is over. I don't recall the law that's under, though.

I may not be Colorado now but I lived there for well over 35 years AND it's is still my home state (aka born & raised there).