Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate OC Knife: MORA LMF!

Ultimate OC Knife: MORA LMF!

Hey guys. I am new to the forum and figured I post my review for my Open Carry knife. I carry a gun where I can but some places a knife is much less conspicuous. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjN8E...wmJ2qyD4SKBpbQ

REPORTED

The lawful open carry of a holstered handgun - not the OC of knives. Dude missed the focus of the board when he decided to spam us.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Nah....that's not a knife.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01NHcTM5IA4

Quote Originally Posted by Zen7 View Post
    I carry a gun where I can but some places a knife is much less conspicuous. Enjoy!
    Of course it is less conspicuous, but so is CC.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images.jpg 
Views:	2303 
Size:	6.8 KB 
ID:	10777

Did I do something against the ruled to warrant a report?

If you watch the first few minutes of the review, I go over some reasons why people may carry a knife over a gun at certain times.

Thanks!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopis View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images.jpg 
Views:	2303 
Size:	6.8 KB 
ID:	10777
    Wait, he's got a gun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeUYSWGYRRs

But knifes are excellent self defense weapons. Never runs out of ammo !

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Being super new and that being the first post raised some suspicions.

Welcome to the forum.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Why, yes, you did! Perhaps you should try reading the rules. The focus of this forum is on OC of handguns - not knives, telescoping batons or poleaxes - handguns Pax...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

Re: Ultimate OC Knife: MORA LMF!

Hey guys, give this youngman a break. He says he is pro OC. Many people carry knives to compliment their primary OC pistol. Mora makes fine knives, and for those of us lucky enough to live in states that include knives, along with guns in preemption - they are a welcome item on many carry belts. He makes good points in his video about the difficulty younger LAC's (18-20 years of age) can have in getting a pistol to OC where legal. Much rather have them carrying a knife vs only a rape whistle, right?

I carry larger knives for multiple reasons - number 1 being their overall usefullness. Number 2 being their ability to punch wholes in soft body armor. Remember - always better to have & not need vs need & not have.

What I carry in the rugged outdoors at times-

http://www.condortk.com/productos-de...ucto=22&cat=12

http://www.condortk.com/productos-de...ucto=24&cat=12
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 09-07-2013 at 06:35 AM.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Banned
    Oh, OK, so we'll just ignore some rules if we have a good enough reason. Gotcha.

Personally, I don't really care that he did (which is why I haven't posted until now). That is up to the staff. But neither do I think that his rule-breaking should be defended. This thread is a violation of the site rules.

Well I figured I'd post the review for any people deciding whether or not to start OCing and just happened to browse over the thread. I OC a now, but I had been OCing this until I could afford one.

Not to be rude on my second post, but if some of you guys had actually watched the video, you'd see that my main talking point is "Why would you maybe carry a knife". I go over a lot of reasons, cost, being the main one. I also briefly go over carrying a firearm, and a knife. I don't know about many of you, but a lot of people I OC with are into minuteman stuff too (tactical shooting, run n gun etc...) A good survival knife can be a great addition to ones load out.

I'm kinda shocked that you guys took this as a blatant disregard for the rules, when I was simply trying to give some data one something you could OC that isn't a gun. I open carry my Ruger 1911 everywhere, and when I cannot carry my gun due to a criminals welcome sign, I bring my knife. Any weapon is better than no weapon imo.

Well maybe we could reach a compromise and move this thread to the accessories area of the forum? Seems a shame to waste it. Knives are something that most here probably have a interest in, even though they are not directly related to OC. Neither are audio or video recorders, but we talk about them. Why? They are a great item to have while OCing. So are useful knives IMHO.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Banned
    Or maybe he could start his own site.

Or maybe he could respect the owner's of this site and follow the rules they set for their property.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Or maybe he could start his own site.

Or maybe he could respect the owner's of this site and follow the rules they set for their property.
    Correct. John & Mike's call. Atleast we know there was no Ill intent in his posting the thread. He meant well.
    On a side note - before we started ripping on him, did we send him a PM? It could have helped us look a little nicer. Just saying we can come off as kind of mean at times. We should try to welcome new members & help steer them in the right direction, without driving them away. That's how organizations grow & flourish.
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 09-07-2013 at 06:59 PM.

"(8) KEEP IT ON-TOPIC: All gun rights discussions not directly related to open carry should take place in the "General Discussions" forum and topics that are not related to gun rights at all should take place in "The Lounge". Please police your own posts before posting them and help keep OCDO strong and focused."

It said to post it in the General forum. As I have read it, it appears to me that I did not break any rules.

My estimation is that this is an Open Carry forum. I posted a review that I made a few days ago about a knife that I open carry to give those on a tight budget, or who are under the age of 21 a datapoint on something they could openly carry.

If a Moderator feels I have broken the rules or posted irrelevant content, they can pm me and ask me to take the thread down. I'm not really sure what harm I did, but this is not my forum and the content posted is up to them.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    Correct. John & Mike's call. Atleast we know there was no Ill intent in his posting the thread. He meant well.
    On a side note - before we started ripping on him, did we send him a PM? It could have helped us look a little nicer. Just saying we can come off as kind of mean at times. We should try to welcome new members & help steer them in the right direction, without driving them away. That's how organizations grow & flourish.
    I am not responding to his rule-breaking. I am reacting to the folks saying it was essentially OK. I didn't really care about what he did. It was those posts I found to be beyond the pale and worthy of a negative response.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Banned

"(8) KEEP IT ON-TOPIC: All gun rights discussions not directly related to open carry should take place in the "General Discussions" forum and topics that are not related to gun rights at all should take place in "The Lounge". Please police your own posts before posting them and help keep OCDO strong and focused."

It said to post it in the General forum. As I have read it, it appears to me that I did not break any rules.

My estimation is that this is an Open Carry forum. I posted a review that I made a few days ago about a knife that I open carry to give those on a tight budget, or who are under the age of 21 a datapoint on something they could openly carry.

If a Moderator feels I have broken the rules or posted irrelevant content, they can pm me and ask me to take the thread down. I'm not really sure what harm I did, but this is not my forum and the content posted is up to them.
    This is an open carry of a gun (not of a knife) forum. If at all appropriate, this thread belongs in the Social Lounge. But, like I said above, I wasn't posting an objection to the thread being off-topic or misplaced. I was objecting to the folks trying to justify it. Now that you have joined that party...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Welcome to OCDO Zen7!!

If OC of knives or any weapon besides a gun is slander, than the 2A isn't really the right to keep and bear arms. Its the right to keep and bear guns. I will not disrespect this forum by saying that's crap, but let me at least tell you a story of my OC with a knife with LEO's...

It was late at night and a friend and I went to Walgreen's to get a bite. On our way back we walked across the street from his house to look over the freeway overpass. Apparently this is trespassing even though there was no sign posted. His house is next door to the WE energies field with the power line towers, and since we saw no sign we decided to look over the freeway overpass. I was OCing my knife at the time, because I was not yet comfortable with my gun yet to carry it. Yeah.... really irresponsible, not carrying my gun just yet because I hadn't put enough lead down range...

Anyways, some jerk had called the cops because we were allegedly "Trespassing". A squad car stopped us. My friend was casually walking with his hands in his pockets, for this reason they began patting him down. I stopped and explained to them that I am legally armed and that I was carrying a blade on my right hip. I asked them why they were searching him. The reason they said, was because he looked suspicious with his hands in his pockets. I told them I do not consent to any searches or seizures. When I said this the cop literally put his hands up and backed off while saying "Hey man we are not trying to take your rights away." He then began to tell me how people are crazy and he has to take every precaution he can to come home to his family every night.

While many words were exchanged I told him I am a law abiding citizen and I will keep my hands away from my weapon. The other cop said to me: "Yeah you will." As if I were going to draw on two armed cops wearing body armor...

This frustrated me but I kept it to myself. After long they realized we were no threat to society and let us go.

I am posting this to tell you guys, yes this is a OC handgun board, but I have run into the same police state crap that OC gunners do, even while carrying a blade. My point is that the RKBA is under serious infringement and that it all makes way to much sense to me. How better to initiate a police state than to make the cops scared of everyone?

That being said, I am pretty happy that I now know my firearm well enough to carry it daily, and I do so. I understand more than most how important OC is and I joined this forum for that reason. Please show me the respect for and time I have dedicated to preserving out 2A rights. I write our congressmen and senators (not that it does much good) I sign petitions, I keep my NRA and GOA memberships current and I constantly post videos on my youtube about these things, as well as on my private Facebook. I am only 20 years old, which is why I have been carrying a blade over a firearm. Now that I've finally legally purchased a firearm, I carry it instead. But I posted this review/video to ensure that good men and women carry SOMETHING, as opposed to nothing.

If that is considered wrong, then I have no interest in being part of this forum. Shall Not Be Infringed means just that.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    If that is considered wrong, then I have no interest in being part of this forum. Shall Not Be Infringed means just that.
    It's not wrong, and I liked reading your story, it's just not the focus of this board.

There is the social lounge for more off topic subjects.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

This site is about open carry of properly holstered handguns. There have been discussions of knives in the past but they need to be in the proper sub forum. The focus of this site does not limit anyone's RKBA by limiting discussions to handguns. After all discussing the RKBA is not exercising the RKBA actually carrying is the exercise. This is a private owned discussion board with rules.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Banned
    If OC of knives or any weapon besides a gun is slander, than the 2A isn't really the right to keep and bear arms...
    Slander???

This has nothing to do with slander. Someone pointed out that OC of properly holstered handguns is the focus of the site. You're new. Maybe you should spend more time reading and less time writing for a while.

Anyway, you are no longer making any sense. Not worth wasting any more time on this.

<snip>

You'll need a thicker skin if you are going to be hanging around here. Sometimes, learning can be painful.

Remember, you came here, you were not invited. You are most welcome to be here, and it is important that the general citizenry see responsible young adults OCing. Us old timers get cranky far too easily and this is not the image that OC needs to have pinned on it.

Welcome, read, and learn.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast