• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ultimate OC Knife: MORA LMF!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
REPORTED

The lawful open carry of a holstered handgun - not the OC of knives. Dude missed the focus of the board when he decided to spam us.

stay safe.

Zen7

If you watch the first few minutes of the review, I go over some reasons why people may carry a knife over a gun at certain times.

Thanks!

Gil223

Did I do something against the ruled to warrant a report?
Why, yes, you did! Perhaps you should try reading the rules. The focus of this forum is on OC of handguns - not knives, telescoping batons or poleaxes - handguns:exclaim: Pax...

FreeInAZ

Hey guys, give this youngman a break. He says he is pro OC. Many people carry knives to compliment their primary OC pistol. Mora makes fine knives, and for those of us lucky enough to live in states that include knives, along with guns in preemption - they are a welcome item on many carry belts. He makes good points in his video about the difficulty younger LAC's (18-20 years of age) can have in getting a pistol to OC where legal. Much rather have them carrying a knife vs only a rape whistle, right?

I carry larger knives for multiple reasons - number 1 being their overall usefullness. Number 2 being their ability to punch wholes in soft body armor. Remember - always better to have & not need vs need & not have.

What I carry in the rugged outdoors at times-
uzapavab.jpg

http://www.condortk.com/productos-detalle.php?producto=22&cat=12
syjudyda.jpg

http://www.condortk.com/productos-detalle.php?producto=24&cat=12

Last edited:

eye95

Oh, OK, so we'll just ignore some rules if we have a good enough reason. Gotcha.

Personally, I don't really care that he did (which is why I haven't posted until now). That is up to the staff. But neither do I think that his rule-breaking should be defended. This thread is a violation of the site rules.

Zen7

Well I figured I'd post the review for any people deciding whether or not to start OCing and just happened to browse over the thread. I OC a now, but I had been OCing this until I could afford one.

Not to be rude on my second post, but if some of you guys had actually watched the video, you'd see that my main talking point is "Why would you maybe carry a knife". I go over a lot of reasons, cost, being the main one. I also briefly go over carrying a firearm, and a knife. I don't know about many of you, but a lot of people I OC with are into minuteman stuff too (tactical shooting, run n gun etc...) A good survival knife can be a great addition to ones load out.

I'm kinda shocked that you guys took this as a blatant disregard for the rules, when I was simply trying to give some data one something you could OC that isn't a gun. I open carry my Ruger 1911 everywhere, and when I cannot carry my gun due to a criminals welcome sign, I bring my knife. Any weapon is better than no weapon imo.

FreeInAZ

Well maybe we could reach a compromise and move this thread to the accessories area of the forum? Seems a shame to waste it. Knives are something that most here probably have a interest in, even though they are not directly related to OC. Neither are audio or video recorders, but we talk about them. Why? They are a great item to have while OCing. So are useful knives IMHO. ;)

eye95

Or maybe he could start his own site.

Or maybe he could respect the owner's of this site and follow the rules they set for their property.

FreeInAZ

Or maybe he could start his own site.

Or maybe he could respect the owner's of this site and follow the rules they set for their property.

Correct. John & Mike's call. Atleast we know there was no Ill intent in his posting the thread. He meant well.
On a side note - before we started ripping on him, did we send him a PM? It could have helped us look a little nicer. Just saying we can come off as kind of mean at times. We should try to welcome new members & help steer them in the right direction, without driving them away. That's how organizations grow & flourish. :cool:

Last edited:

Zen7

"(8) KEEP IT ON-TOPIC: All gun rights discussions not directly related to open carry should take place in the "General Discussions" forum and topics that are not related to gun rights at all should take place in "The Lounge". Please police your own posts before posting them and help keep OCDO strong and focused."

It said to post it in the General forum. As I have read it, it appears to me that I did not break any rules.

My estimation is that this is an Open Carry forum. I posted a review that I made a few days ago about a knife that I open carry to give those on a tight budget, or who are under the age of 21 a datapoint on something they could openly carry.

If a Moderator feels I have broken the rules or posted irrelevant content, they can pm me and ask me to take the thread down. I'm not really sure what harm I did, but this is not my forum and the content posted is up to them.

eye95

Correct. John & Mike's call. Atleast we know there was no Ill intent in his posting the thread. He meant well.
On a side note - before we started ripping on him, did we send him a PM? It could have helped us look a little nicer. Just saying we can come off as kind of mean at times. We should try to welcome new members & help steer them in the right direction, without driving them away. That's how organizations grow & flourish. :cool:

I am not responding to his rule-breaking. I am reacting to the folks saying it was essentially OK. I didn't really care about what he did. It was those posts I found to be beyond the pale and worthy of a negative response.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

eye95

"(8) KEEP IT ON-TOPIC: All gun rights discussions not directly related to open carry should take place in the "General Discussions" forum and topics that are not related to gun rights at all should take place in "The Lounge". Please police your own posts before posting them and help keep OCDO strong and focused."

It said to post it in the General forum. As I have read it, it appears to me that I did not break any rules.

My estimation is that this is an Open Carry forum. I posted a review that I made a few days ago about a knife that I open carry to give those on a tight budget, or who are under the age of 21 a datapoint on something they could openly carry.

If a Moderator feels I have broken the rules or posted irrelevant content, they can pm me and ask me to take the thread down. I'm not really sure what harm I did, but this is not my forum and the content posted is up to them.

This is an open carry of a gun (not of a knife) forum. If at all appropriate, this thread belongs in the Social Lounge. But, like I said above, I wasn't posting an objection to the thread being off-topic or misplaced. I was objecting to the folks trying to justify it. Now that you have joined that party...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>