• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bad LEO Encounter in MA: Cop Threatens to Smash Camera into Man’s Face

Repeater

Shades of "You talking to ME???"

[size=+2]Meet officer UN-friendly, Gretchen Allen:[/size]
003ed3331.jpg

Hyannis - Bad Encounter
Hyannis – This is by far the most difficult article I’ve ever had to write.

One of the major criticisms of HyannisNews.com is its policy to always depict the efforts of police in a positive light.

Having personal experience working as a Barnstable Cop, I know how hard it is for officers in the field. Police work is often a thankless job, where the reputations of good officers often suffer because of the corrupt and criminal actions of a very small minority of bad apples.

Today, I was assaulted by a bad apple.

At this point I raised my camera and took another photo. The officer stopped, abruptly turned and said the following, “I swear… take one more photo and I’ll take that camera and smash it in your face.

Carlos Miller provides analysis.

davidmcbeth

Banned
"hard for officers" oh, give me a break .... easiest job in the world.

And the one one guy "give the officer a break"....what a tool...typical Mass. resident

Sure, come into my home mr policeman, save me from the world.

davidmcbeth

Banned
He knows a lot about everything. And lets us all know by blustering about it all the time.

I know tons of cops ... none say that their job is too difficult.

I guess it only gets difficult when they meet Eye. lol

Mainly they sit or stand around and grimace at us.

Last edited:

Repeater

an update is available at the same link URL above, http://hyannisnews.com/?p=3555

Thanks for the update! This passage stood out:
The fact this is now and has always been the law of the land, I would expect our police officials to have a firm understanding of the aforementioned constitutionally protected rights.

Well, I don't know that I would be so charitable. "Understanding" isn't good enough.

I would expect all LEOs to obey the constitution -- or else.

One can only wonder what Officer Allen would have done had the photographer been OC'ing.

See, you shouldn't have to wonder. You should know that you are always safe in the presence of a cop.

Jeff Hayes

So when is officer Allen being prosecuted for assault under color of badge? She clearly broke the law and clearly had the ability to carry out her threat. If one of us had said that to her we would have been arrested immediately. Breaking the law is breaking the law.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Being a cop is incredibly difficult. With so much authority, it's hard to prioritize who needs to be tased the most. Is it the middle-aged soccer mom in a minivan, or the centenarian who has difficulty hearing "orders"?

I love it when cops whine about their job being "thankless".

You're damn right. I don't thank you. Feel free to quit and join the productive sector, any time. And no, I won't be calling you the first time I feel threatened. Or ever.

Last edited:

countryclubjoe

Just another THUG with a badge. Sadly, she stands in a majority it seems. :(

I agree, a total thug, a thug that is at war with herself, its obvious she is a miserable person that hates her job and hates the citizens.

Another thug that gives good LEO a horrible name.

My .02

CCJ

sudden valley gunner

So when is officer Allen being prosecuted for assault under color of badge? She clearly broke the law and clearly had the ability to carry out her threat. If one of us had said that to her we would have been arrested immediately. Breaking the law is breaking the law.

She probably get condolences from the others in state issued costumes about how hard it is to deal with people who know their rights.

Yard Sale

Cliff Notes: Pretend journalist and former welfare job holder is upset at verbal abuse and physical threats from current welfare job holder, reconsiders pretending to be a journalist.