• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Katsung47, a mobile internet troll....

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I see my responses as being of benefit in that responses to him on-topic have dropped dramatically as folks realize that his posts are just drive-bys.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

I confess, I hadn't thought of that. I would say that's a valid reason.

eye95

I appreciate that. I think it is a valid reason because posters who don't know, especially new users, respond, thinking that they are actually participating in a discussion in which challenges to the BS that this troll posts will be addressed. Instead, the responses, ignored as they are, seem to lend an air of credibility to his leavings.

My goal, at least until the management realizes how bad he makes this site look to visitors, is to make sure that folks only assign the credibility to him that they would assign to any other "member" who doesn't care a whit about OC, never discusses anything, and only uses us as a toilet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

mikeyb

7790. Katsung47 is obviously a government official designated to propagate misinformation, create derision and indecisiveness, and create diabolical conspiracy issues on Internet message boards.

The posting of such meandering, illogical conspiracies will lend readers of said boards to reject the absurdities of the conspiracies, and will eventually indoctrinate the readers into accepting the official government-sponsored stories. By rejecting conspiracies, the readers invariably lower the threshold of future conspiracies, as each one will harden the resolve to accept the easiest solution; the official story. Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Secondary mission objective is to occupy readers with debunking conspiracies, ending up in wasting thousands of hours (collectively) instead of focusing on truly crucial matters. Source: http://youtu.be/k5reDsSIiAk

eye95

Hmmm, well yes, a few of our long term members do that :rolleyes:

And some of the staff members too. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Your turn.

Oh, and have you checked the reports to find the one that I don't want to have to PM Mike and John and don't want to have to raise a "public stink" about?

Yard Sale

Hi guys, my Google-fu failed me, but here's the story..

It's one person, an "eccentric," some would say mentally ill, paranoid-schizoprehnic to be precise. Semi-famous for demonstrating in front of public places, or one public place, somewhere in the south of San Francisco bay area, carrying his hand-made signs about his unique conspiracy theories. I think he even went to court over it. I've seen him on TV.

eye95

Hi guys, my Google-fu failed me, but here's the story..

It's one person, an "eccentric," some would say mentally ill, paranoid-schizoprehnic to be precise. Semi-famous for demonstrating in front of public places, or one public place, somewhere in the south of San Francisco bay area, carrying his hand-made signs about his unique conspiracy theories. I think he even went to court over it. I've seen him on TV.

Are you saying that is who katsung47 is? More power to him. He has a right to spread his wacko BS. Even on OCDO if Mike and John choose to let him do so. At the moment they are allowing it. IMO, shame on them. Much less egregious and unrelated spam had earned a ban. Someone far less mentally ill was banned. IMO, those were righteous bans.

But, as I am pointing out in another thread, private property rights mean that John and Mike get to make these calls. I will just continue to spam the spam (unless they decide to axe me).

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snipped-- I have no intentions of responding to PMs made in that tone and frankly the tools for accomplishing such are not the subject open for public discussion.
--snipped--
Oh, and have you checked the reports to find the one that I don't want to have to PM Mike and John and don't want to have to raise a "public stink" about?
You would seem to ask whether I would divulge the contents of a PM - if not then I have answered that above.

Also appears that you are saying that rather than follow good form and let the Administrator handle his end, you would begin another rant and bring to bear all of the authority of your personal opinions.

eye95

*sigh* I guess I have to be even more blunt.

I am saying that the mods, including you, are not doing your jobs.

Plain enough for you?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Plain enough for you?
Plain enough, but extremely inaccurate. You do not set the standards whereby we operate. That would appear to be the crux of the matter.

Freedom1Man

So what?

Even if Katsung47 IS a troll the user does not create trolling responses like some users.

He/She posts something and lets us decide if we are interested in the 'information,' believe the 'information,' or even like/dislike the 'information' she/she posts.

While I am annoyed by their posting style I am less annoyed than the posting style of some others.

PistolPackingMomma

Plain enough for you?

Anyone else get the feeling Eye is lusting after Grape's position; or at least the ability to remake the forum into his image of Utopia?

PistolPackingMomma

Even if Katsung47 IS a troll the user does not create trolling responses like some users.

He/She posts something and lets us decide if we are interested in the 'information,' believe the 'information,' or even like/dislike the 'information' she/she posts.

While I am annoyed by their posting style I am less annoyed than the posting style of some others.

+1

georg jetson

Anyone else get the feeling Eye is lusting after Grape's position; or at least the ability to remake the forum into his image of Utopia?

Hmmmm. What a Utopia it would be. All dignified and proper. Everyone sticking their head in the sand on command.

BTW - Glad to see you're still around PPM. :D Thought you bailed on us. :(