• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

fire mission: Sun. 08SEP OC in Appleton, WI

chowda

You have no idea how I dress.
Never said I did. And I don't care how you dress, if you wear a dress, if you go buff, or some british knigh or anything between.

Ever wonder why no one in the mainstream media play with their 'junk' with one hand while they flail with the other, saying "know what I be sayin" every third word?

chowda

Remain seated in the back of the bus and don't eat at certain lunch counters if you want.

Worry about making anti gunners mad at you. Wow they don't like are guns and well do every thing in their power to ban them any no matter how much you kiss their butts and say please don't.
I really hope you aren't a "firearms iinstructor".
With rights come responsibilities. I can only assume all the black clad long rifle toting heroes never shot anyone, nor pulled their "assault rifle" on any family as they were shopping. I've not read about it, so I'll just take it as so.
However, implicit in being responsible is common sense. In WI, you have the right to have a firearm in your house and use it in self defense. It's assumed you will be responsible enough to follow the castle doctrine and defend your home with your firearm. However, if you hear something in your house, you don't just open up with your deer hunting rifle, etc. Why not? Common sense.

Maybe I'm giving gun owners too much credit for having common sense regarding things outside of their house?

chowda

We need less Zumbos and more unapologetic gun rights supporters...
Wasn't he ignorant to sport utility rifles, thus was afraid/against them?
Then what changed his mind was calm rational people talking to him and eventually going out with them shooting.
So how do you think he would have reacted if some black clad thing adorned with an "assault weapon" was walking around in safe haven BFE, whereever he lives, with his family?

Clowns that walk around with rifles/shotguns in public places for the shock value reinforce anti gunners, and also, turn a lot of pro second amendmant people away, or at least have the latter sit at home during the next election, so the antis win.
Then they sit at home, stating how this is proof how they are surrounded and people are unreasonable, coming after them to take away their rights.

I guess there are big picture people and little picture, it's all about me picture people.

protias

I really hope you aren't a "firearms iinstructor".
With rights come responsibilities. I can only assume all the black clad long rifle toting heroes never shot anyone, nor pulled their "assault rifle" on any family as they were shopping. I've not read about it, so I'll just take it as so.
However, implicit in being responsible is common sense. In WI, you have the right to have a firearm in your house and use it in self defense. It's assumed you will be responsible enough to follow the castle doctrine and defend your home with your firearm. However, if you hear something in your house, you don't just open up with your deer hunting rifle, etc. Why not? Common sense.

Maybe I'm giving gun owners too much credit for having common sense regarding things outside of their house?

Really? Point me to the WI and/or Federal Constitution (or court cases) that limits firearms to the house? However...

Trolls.jpg

chowda

Really? Point me to the WI and/or Federal Constitution (or court cases) that limits firearms to the house?

I guess you missed the point of me being all for concealed carry and open carry, but think people wandering around downtown shopping areas with 'assault weapons' (especially if dressed in dumbass head to toe black) are, well, not only dumbasses, but about as helpful to the second amendment community as al sharpton/obama/jackson are to race relations.........

Interceptor_Knight

Then what changed his mind was calm rational people talking to him and eventually going out with them shooting.

He was fired because he spoke out against a large and growing part of the firearm owner community. That gave him incentive to change his tune. It is as simple as that. After he came crawling back with his tail between his legs was when he took advantage of photo ops shooting with others.
I guess you missed the point of me being all for concealed carry and open carry, but think people wandering around downtown shopping areas with 'assault weapons' (especially if dressed in dumbass head to toe black) are, well, not only dumbasses, but about as helpful to the second amendment community as al sharpton/obama/jackson are to race relations.........
You are missing the point that we are seeing through your facade. You can not state that you are for Open Carry and then in the same breath be against people carrying openly. I suppose you don't believe that people with tattoos should be allowed to Open Carry either. How about piercings? You are failing miserably to convince anyone that you are supporting the right to carry.

Last edited:

chowda

He was fired because he spoke out against a large and growing part of the firearm owner community. That gave him incentive to change his tune. It is as simple as that.
So he was (rightfully canned) because he insulted his customers. Pretty simple business decision. Later I read he did change his tune--he did say he actually went shooting ARs with people and they were pretty cool. He was just ignorant of his own community, so you're right, it was pretty simple.

But he was a many gun owner who made a living writing and using them. And he was still an ignoramus.
So how do you think people walking around with ARs in shopping areas do with people that vote republican, are conservative, but don't own firearms, yet think they're OK?
Or people that don't own firearms, but don't have an opinion on them?
Or people that do own them, are moderate, but aren't very astute in their voting, so they tend to do what a lot of people do, think of themselves/their kids/family first?

So here they all are, out at the farmers market, and when they're showing their kids how to tell whether or not the corn is ripe, down the street waddle three black clad people with "assault rifles".
I know, I know, it's all about valiant stands to get street cred here, not about making firearms more acceptable to the wider community.....

You are missing the point
Have you ever thought I just reject your point? :lol: And the more you try to 'prove your point', the more and more, more and more people will also reject it.
They need to see gun owners as normal people, just like they are.

You are failing miserably to convince anyone that you are supporting the right to carry.
I've said it more than a few different times here, but as it seems like people are too busy planning their opsec for their next fire mission in conus, they might continually miss something outside of themselves.

I am for concealed carry.
I am for open carry.
I am for sport utility rifles (and think ARs are gods gift to all mankind).

However, I also think that anyone waddling around in public places dressed in black with a pistol and an 'assault weapon' across their back do more to hurt the cause of the three things I just mentioned.
Why not wear a mask and a trench coat too? Seriously, it is your right.
Why not?

Interceptor_Knight

Have you ever thought I just reject your point?
So here they all are, out at the farmers market, and when they're showing their kids how to tell whether or not the corn is ripe, down the street waddle three black clad people with "assault rifles".
I know, I know, it's all about valiant stands to get street cred here, not about making firearms more acceptable to the wider community.....

I reject your point. It is about the normalization of firearms IN PUBLIC to the wider community.

Have you ever thought I just reject your point?

I also think that anyone waddling around in public places dressed in black with a pistol and an 'assault weapon' across their back do more to hurt the cause of the three things I just mentioned.
I reject your point that Open Carry regardless of attire is hurting our cause, the cause being the normalization of firearms in public.

I am for concealed carry.
I am for open carry.
I am for sport utility rifles (and think ARs are gods gift to all mankind).
You are for keeping ARs hidden and only bringing them out at ranges where the general public will not see them and be offended. The general public only sees ARs in movies and on TV. They need to see them as "normal" firearms, no different than their 12 ga trap gun or their .30-30 lever action "deer" rifle.

Last edited:

chowda

I reject your point. It is about the normalization of firearms IN PUBLIC to the wider community.
And that's OK. No big plot going on here.
You do know that a pistol is a firearm, right? And most of the time, normalizing something is a PROCESS, not a shock treatment. And the gun community needs more and more people to join it or at the very least, become friendly and open to it so when they are fed BS about it by the liberal/progressives, they'll think, "no, those are normal, OK people".
And I'm sorry, but unless someone is on a forward operating military base or are in israel, it's not normal to go shopping with your civilian family and see people walking around carrying sport utility rifles. For most of them, the only people they've seen open carry are cops...and if a cop is walking around with his ar, they'd wonder 'what's wrong?'.

We need to expand the gun community and have more non gun owners atleast, 'firearm friendly'.

Plankton

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
And that's OK. No big plot going on here.
You do know that a pistol is a firearm, right? And most of the time, normalizing something is a PROCESS, not a shock treatment. And the gun community needs more and more people to join it or at the very least, become friendly and open to it so when they are fed BS about it by the liberal/progressives, they'll think, "no, those are normal, OK people".
And I'm sorry, but unless someone is on a forward operating military base or are in israel, it's not normal to go shopping with your civilian family and see people walking around carrying sport utility rifles. For most of them, the only people they've seen open carry are cops...and if a cop is walking around with his ar, they'd wonder 'what's wrong?'.

We need to expand the gun community and have more non gun owners atleast, 'firearm friendly'.

Your opinion. I've been open carrying in madison for 3 1/2 years. Educating people one at a time. Your hypersensitivity and selective moral outrage are very telling.