Thread: Won't be going to the Fair again.

Won't be going to the Fair again.

I see where the Oklahoma State Fair is banning the right of citizens to exercise their 2A rights again. I'm sure the little thugs that hang around there will respect this rule. Oh well, another year of not going.....

Founder's Club Member
    Have you considered wearing an empty-holster as a form of protest?
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Hmmm, I was under the impression that they could not ban carrying because its community fair grounds for everyone... I could be mistaken it wouldn't be the first time, but thank you for posting this and bringing awareness.

Tulsa is doing it right by the law. The buildings you cant carry but out in the open fair grounds its your right. http://www.tulsastatefair.com/index.cfm?id=263

bottom of page they say it http://okstatefair.com/content/frequ...-questions#six

Quote Originally Posted by Oklapatriot View Post
    I'm sure the little thugs that hang around there will respect this rule.
    (Wondering which set of thugs he's thinking of.)

is this legal

Can they legally keep you from carrying outside the buildings?

Quote Originally Posted by wpaulsen View Post
    Can they legally keep you from carrying outside the buildings?
    If I remember correctly, Oklahoma State Fair Inc believes that since they put a fence up around the entire place and control the admission of the people at the gates, they are entitled to deny the carry of firearms at the fairgrounds (outside the buildings) during the State Fair of Oklahoma.

It will likely take a court case to get them to change this policy.
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be accepted as legal advice

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    (Wondering which set of thugs he's thinking of.)
    My definition of thugs would be any little gang banger, wanna be, or other personnel who think they are immune to the law.

Re: Won't be going to the Fair again.

I had a conversation with two OCPD officers at the fair last night about this. They said the city attorney informed the State Fair that they could not ban guns from the grounds. They can post the buildings but not the grounds. One of the officers thought that they put it on the website to deter people from carrying at the fair.

I have not been to the fair since going to Tulsa several years ago and all the handicap parking was full of police cars. We drove around but could not find a safe place to park my van to get the chair out so guns or not we went home. I highly doubt I ever go back.

I have always carried (concealed) at the fair, and have no reason to go in the buildings -- and I have never been made so far as I know. My take is they have to follow state law which says they can ban carry in the buildings but not on the fairgrounds. Gangbangers beware.