• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What to do in Ogden

okiephlyer

My job will take me to Ogden for a few days later this week. I am looking for suggestions for what to do. Normally we check out gun shops and outdoor stores, but are there other outdoorsy things that anyone on here would recommend?
Arriving Wednesday early afternoon and leaving again on Friday, mid morning.

Gil223

My job will take me to Ogden for a few days later this week. I am looking for suggestions for what to do. Normally we check out gun shops and outdoor stores, but are there other outdoorsy things that anyone on here would recommend?
Arriving Wednesday early afternoon and leaving again on Friday, mid morning.
There are more things to do in Ogden than you could do if you were going to be here for a month. Here's the long list: http://www.visitogden.com/Events

There's also a large entertainment complex on 23rd Street and Kiesel Avenue, with arcades, a bowling alley, snack bar, pizzeria and a couple of restaurants (actually the entire area from 2rd Street to 25th Street is replete with restaurants). There's also a big megaplex movie theater called "The Junction" on 23rd & Kiesel (this is the main "downtown" area).

The biggest gun shop in Ogden proper is Impact Guns (2710 South 1900 West, Ogden, UT 84401, Ph: 801-393-2474). Impact also has an indoor range with about 14 shooting points. Then there's the Sportsman's Warehouse in Riverdale (about 5 miles from downtown Ogden) at 1137 W. Riverdale Road, Riverdale, UT Telephone: (801)334-4000, GPS : N 41 10.456 W 112 00.427 which has the second largest selection of firearms in the Ogden area. Enjoy your stay! Pax...:)

Last edited:

Gil223

Appreciate the recommendations. In addition, are there parks or scenic hikes that can be done in a few hours? Outdoorsy things?
Ogden has a good sized park between 25th & 26th Streets, and there are several other parks in Ogden. There is Ogden and Weber Canyons, Ogden is my personal preference -it's a nice drive along the river.

Last edited:

okiephlyer

Went to Sportsmans Warehouse, Impact Guns, Smith & Edwards, Kents Shooting Supplies, several restaurants and our hotel. The guy at Subway asked if we were LE. Told him we were just concerned citizens. He smiled and said Cool. At Kent's, we were just browsing when a Sheriffs deputy came in. Walked right by me, may have noticed but never said a word. He was buying a few things and the whole group was involved in gun discussions. The whole time he never mentined the gun or acted in any way like he thought it was wrong. In fact he acted more like he was in favor of it. I held the door for him as he left, wished him well and we all went about our business.
Walked the river trail for a few miles then drove up the canyon and back down.
All in all, my visit to Ogden has been very pleasant. Thanks for the suggestions.