Thread: Open Carry in NC?

Open Carry in NC?

I talked to my local PD (Hope Mills, NC) and asked what the law states reference to open carry, the woman put me on hold and asked someone else. When she came back I was told “as long as the weapon is concealed I’ll be ok.” I then asked and if it wasn’t, she told me “I COULD be charged with ‘going in terror of the public’” or something close to that.

If anyone in NC can answer this and a few other questions I would be greatly appreciated.

Sean3601

Banned
    NEVER ask the police what the law is. Many don't know. Many lie. They are under no obligation to get it right.

If you want to know the law in NC, please ask in the NC subforum.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean3601 View Post
    I talked to my local PD (Hope Mills, NC) and asked what the law states reference to open carry, the woman put me on hold and asked someone else. When she came back I was told “as long as the weapon is concealed I’ll be ok.” I then asked and if it wasn’t, she told me “I COULD be charged with ‘going in terror of the public’” or something close to that.

If anyone in NC can answer this and a few other questions I would be greatly appreciated.

Sean3601
    Everything that was told to you was incorrect. First, if you dont have a ccp you would be breaking the law, second, going armed to the terror of the public is something they always throw out there to discourage people to OC. Go read up on the truth about GATTTOTP at the NC thread.