• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Curious about Peanut Fest

mpguy

Just looking to see if anyone was coming out Oct 10-13, for the event. I had planned on going, with the M&P on the hip. It's being held at the Suffolk executive airport.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

johnfenter

Perhaps...

Just looking to see if anyone was coming out Oct 10-13, for the event. I had planned on going, with the M&P on the hip. It's being held at the Suffolk executive airport.

I may be able to get there. I note that the airport itself is owned by the City of Suffolk; the Fest itself is put on by a corporation:

Suffolk Festivals, Inc.
PO Box 1852
Suffolk, Virginia 23439-1852

Telephone: 757-539-6751
Fax: 757-539-6762

E-Mail: info@SuffolkFest.org

Unsure, but suspect that the "corporation" may be a creation of the City as well; I'll do a little homework...

mpguy

I may be able to get there. I note that the airport itself is owned by the City of Suffolk; the Fest itself is put on by a corporation:

Suffolk Festivals, Inc.
PO Box 1852
Suffolk, Virginia 23439-1852

Telephone: 757-539-6751
Fax: 757-539-6762

E-Mail: info@SuffolkFest.org

Unsure, but suspect that the "corporation" may be a creation of the City as well; I'll do a little homework...

I should be calling tomorrow. I've been up extremely early, helping my Father at his job, plus doing mine. Been some long hours.

mpguy

I was told today that it's not owned buy the city. The lady would not go into details, other than its a corporation, so I don't have a clear answer.

Last edited:

johnfenter

Yup, it's a corporation...

Registered with the State Corporation Commission, Corp ID 0273991, certified 7/31/85, chartered by Jesse J. Johnson, Jr., 3508 Robs Dr. (Attorney)

Officers:
William D. Wyatt
Thomas C. Andrews, Jr.
T. Douglas Casey
W. Randolph Carter
W. Ross Boone

So, for you Suffolk residents, any of these guys have a connection to City government?

mpguy

Registered with the State Corporation Commission, Corp ID 0273991, certified 7/31/85, chartered by Jesse J. Johnson, Jr., 3508 Robs Dr. (Attorney)

Officers:
William D. Wyatt
Thomas C. Andrews, Jr.
T. Douglas Casey
W. Randolph Carter
W. Ross Boone

So, for you Suffolk residents, any of these guys have a connection to City government?

I'll look the names up when I get settled in this evening. Again she didn't offer much info, other than they are "there own person.", her words.

If this the case, being a local airport with no air carrier terminal, unless there is a sign, through the company we should be OK, unless I'm mistaken.

mpguy

Nothing stood out. Though looking over the site again, I found:

Suffolk Festivals, Inc.
A 501(3)(c) Organization

The Annual Suffolk Peanut Fest is managed by Suffolk Festivals, Inc., a non-profit organization operating a 50-acre festival site adjacent to the Suffolk Executive Airport.

I'm getting ready to look up the 501 3 c number. Starting to wonder if I should just call back and ask what the firearm policy is directly. Tell them in coming from out of town or something. :p

Last edited:

mpguy

So, I talked to them again toady. I was told they requested that I didn't, and if it was seen there is a chance I'd be stoped by every cop there, but they couldn't restrict me from not having it.

She confirmed this with a major of the Suffolk police department. Take that with a grain of salt.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
So, I talked to them again toady. I was told they requested that I didn't, and if it was seen there is a chance I'd be stoped by every cop there, but they couldn't restrict me from not having it.

She confirmed this with a major of the Suffolk police department. Take that with a grain of salt.

Take your recorder!