• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Really George?

FallonJeeper

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — George Zimmerman's wife has called police to her father's house, saying the former neighborhood watch volunteer who was acquitted of murder threatened her with a gun.

http://www.charter.net/news/read/ca...e/ap-fla_police_called_on_george_zimmerman-ap

Still too early to speculate.

I believed him to be innocent, during his last case, but he needs to do everything he can to avoid this negative publicity. I don't know how much of this is fabricated.

eye95

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — George Zimmerman's wife has called police to her father's house, saying the former neighborhood watch volunteer who was acquitted of murder threatened her with a gun.

http://www.charter.net/news/read/ca...e/ap-fla_police_called_on_george_zimmerman-ap

Still too early to speculate.

I believed him to be innocent, during his last case, but he needs to do everything he can to avoid this negative publicity. I don't know how much of this is fabricated.

She is not pressing charges. That means that she gets to put the charges out there in the media, but does not have to back them up.

meh. Non-story unless one is looking for mud to sling at Z.

FallonJeeper

I agree. She recanted her story. The media just jumps on anything. He can't even get a speeding ticket without it showing up in the news. I hope it all works out. Nothing to see here... yet.

Seems she's trying to gain leverage for her divorce case, where she wants him to get a permanent life insurance policy and make her the beneficiary. Who does that?.

Last edited:

OC for ME

A top of the hour news report, yesterday, on the radio informed "us" that the local cops found a handgun at the scene but it did not belong to the hapless GZ. This does not mean that he did not threaten as was initially alleged, but the recanting of the story/not pressing charges does seem to indicate that the estranged spouse is using the media to paint a certain picture of the hapless GZ to benefit her divorce efforts.

stealthyeliminator

She is not pressing charges. That means that she gets to put the charges out there in the media, but does not have to back them up.

meh. Non-story unless one is looking for mud to sling at Z.

BING BING BING!!!

Seriously, I saw this come across the TV as breaking national news

What. The. ****. It literally said something like "Zimmerman in trouble again!" (Which is stupid, IMO. He did not "get in trouble" for shooting the kid. He was accused, and he was acquitted. This does not qualify as "getting in trouble" in my book. Speeding tickets don't count either, if that's what they were referring to. Either way, hardly breaking news.)

Anyway, I don't really even give a **** if he did it or not, I pay enough for cable and don't want air time sucked up by this BS. Charge him for domestic violence if it occurred and you can prove it. Otherwise, gtfo. Either way, gtfo my TV screen, I don't need to hear about it any sooner than the other dozens of cases of domestic violence that have occurred in the same neighborhoods. Surely there is something more important going on in this country.

It was also ridiculous that they took the time to tell us how many speeding tickets George has gotten since his acquittal. This is relevant, HOW? Obviously nothing more than a national smear campaign to try to convince people that his acquittal was unjust.

Last edited:

jeffrey-r

"Once Lake Mary, Fla. police arrived and sorted through everything, however, she seemingly changed some of the details of her story. She ended up saying she never saw a gun..."

Neat. Damage is done though I guess. How about some a libel suit George? I think publicly stating "He threatened me with a gun" when it is false... that's kind of a big deal.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Shellie Zimmerman, 26, who has filed for divorce, initially told a 911 dispatcher that her husband had his hand on his gun as he sat in his car outside the home she was at with her father. She said she was scared because she wasn't sure what the 29-year-old Zimmerman was capable of doing. Hours later she changed her story and said she never saw a firearm, said Lake Mary Police Chief Steve Bracknell.

There's no story here.

Black_water

The media tried and failed at painting this guy as a racist child murderer. Now this is just some lame attempt to paint everything his does post verdict as bad in an attempt to do an "I told you so".

Leave the guy alone.

OC for ME

She saw a gun in the hand before she did not see a gun in the hand.....another check mark in favor of GZ when he gets in front of a divorce court judge.

3fgburner

UPDATE:
http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...s-shellie-zimmerman-made-to-911#ixzz2eT8f2ZhG

HEADLINE: Lake Mary Police are now calling into question several statements Shellie Zimmerman made to 911

LAKE MARY, Fla - Lake Mary Police are now questioning the validity of several statements Shellie Zimmerman made when she told 911 dispatchers her estranged husband, George Zimmerman, threatened her and her father at gunpoint Monday afternoon.

"We did not find a gun, did not locate a weapon," said Zach Hudson, public information officer with the Lake Mary Police Department. "Nobody ever saw a gun. A gun is not part of this story."

eye95

While I believe Z to be absolutely innocent (not just not guilty) in the death of M, I wouldn't say too much about his honesty either. As I understand it, he was involved in the lying about the availability of money while bail was being set.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
While I believe Z to be absolutely innocent (not just not guilty) in the death of M, I wouldn't say too much about his honesty either. As I understand it, he was involved in the lying about the availability of money while bail was being set.
Shellie Zimmerman was sentenced to serve one year of probation under the deal, designed to avoid a felony conviction, reports the paper.

Shellie Zimmerman was accused of lying during one of her husband's bond hearings last year. She allegedly told a judge that the couple had no money, when they reportedly had received more than $130,000 in donations from internet donors who wanted to aid in her husband's defense.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...misdemeanor-perjury-in-plea-deal-report-says/

He was never charged. She moved all the money around and lied about it. Why he was never charged with aiding and abetting I'll never know.

onus

Women are pure evil in the way they will lie.

When a woman is getting a divorce don't believe anything she accuses her husband of. I have been involved in about 300 divorce court cases where all of a sudden the woman accuses the husband of being a child molestor just to get custody of the kids.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran

When a woman is getting a divorce don't believe anything she accuses her husband of. I have been involved in about 300 divorce court cases where all of a sudden the woman accuses the husband of being a child molestor just to get custody of the kids.

Just the sort of thing I'd expect CraP to say.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

eye95

Yeah, cuz all women lie, and men never do.

300 cases of sudden accusations of child molestation? You involved in those cases personally? 300??? My BS detector is pegging.

Getting banned and having to sneak back under another name didn't teach you a thing. Same old bigotry. Same old exaggerated BS.

OC for ME

I wonder if their antics are intentional at some level to inflate their monetary worth on the talk show circuit. MTV reality showesque in my view.