Thread: Pima County Settles for Killing Jose Guerena

Founder's Club Member

Pima County Settles for Killing Jose Guerena

Remember a few years ago the national story about an Iraq vet killed by SWAT when they raided his home?

Pima County agreed to a settlement.

I remember this one because it was discussed in the context of how we might react when our home is being stormed.

Here is the local story: http://www.kpho.com/story/23343481/p...ched-swat-raid

Found it here: http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/...-jose-guerena/
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

But he was an evil drug dealer. How could this possibly be.

{Thanks for the post, was wondering about this while posting links for "no police state" PALO.}
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 09-10-2013 at 01:27 AM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

No amount of money can compensate that family for the loss of a husband and father. I would hope that, as a minimum, the instigators of this murder would be fired and indicted. But I also know that is a vain hope and will not happen.

And some wonder why there is a wall of suspicion and mistrust, which is steadily growing both higher and thicker, between citizens and law enforcement agencies?
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

I remember this story because my old paintball crew back in high school routinely executed better tactics than the group of fumbling children who murdered Guerena (watch the video, if you can stomach it).

Sickening and farcical all at once.

Quote Originally Posted by William Grigg
    Jose Guerena, a 26-year-old father of two young boys, was murdered in his Tucson, Arizona home in May 2011 by a state-licensed death squad called the Pima County SWAT team. The government afflicting Pima County has announced that it will offer tax victims residing therein the privilege of indemnifying that murder by underwriting a settlement with the victim’s family.
    As always, this man has a unique talent for cutting through the Lingua Tertii Imperii euphemisms of the state, and rendering an objective description.
    Last edited by marshaul; 09-10-2013 at 11:55 AM.

Founder's Club Member
    I found some new data in the article that I had either missed earlier, or came out locally after it fell of the national radar.

The bits about the SWAT warrant were new to me--the faulty probable cause. Guilt by association. And, the failure of the SWAT to clarify contradictions in their story.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    As always, [Will Grigg] has a unique talent for cutting through the Lingua Tertii Imperii euphemisms of the state, and rendering an objective description.
    +1!

Jose Guerena, a 26-year-old father of two young boys, was murdered in his Tucson, Arizona home in May 2011 by a state-licensed death squad called the Pima County SWAT team. The government afflicting Pima County has announced that it will offer tax victims residing therein the privilege of indemnifying that murder by underwriting a settlement with the victimís family.
    Instead of the initials SWAT, I'm thinking citizens could just start using SLDS.

Certainly, I would eschew government-sourced initials designed to get away from the earned negative connotations associated with the initials SWAT. For example, HRT (hostage response team).

Banned
    they likely got 2 million....lawyers will eat up 40% of that ....

I'd use that Million and buy a tank and crush the swat team .... but thats just me...easy going guy

Another death squad that will not face the ICC1 at The Hague.

1The ICC is intended to complement existing national judicial systems, and may only exercise its jurisdiction when national courts are unwilling or unable to investigate or prosecute such crimes as genocide, crimes against humanity, war crimes, and the crime of aggression.

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post

I'd use that Million and buy a tank and crush the swat team .... but thats just me...easy going guy
    While I want to believe that your statement is HYPERBOLE, with you it is just hard to tell....

Oh, yeah, RULE VIOLATION--- what you suggest would indeed NOT BE A LAWFUL action and is NOT acceptable per forum rules!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    While I want to believe that your statement is HYPERBOLE, with you it is just hard to tell....

Oh, yeah, RULE VIOLATION--- what you suggest would indeed NOT BE A LAWFUL action and is NOT acceptable per forum rules!
    Hold on there Mr. Referee ... clearly a joke ...

Centurion
    Hold on there Mr. Referee ... clearly a joke ...
    Like I said.... Sometimes with you it is hard to tell!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Murder by lying scumbags.

Murder: Yes, it looks like he was innocent.
    Lying: Yes, they said he opened fire, until the safety turned out to be on.
    Scumbags: Yes, people who lie and murder are exactly that.

Those words are justified. Yes, you have the ability to delete this post if it violates the holy-and-untouchable rule. (I always save a local copy of my posts, so I never lose the time spent writing them.)

But you can't press Delete to remove a truth or a threat from the real world. And I think this kind of action is a true threat to all good Americans. All the more insidious, because they are taken out individually, one by one, with stories painted to make them look bad.

I feel so sorry for this guy and his fam. Rest in peace, with my respect.

heh

Quote Originally Posted by article
    ...Scileppi said the investigators missed another crucial detail about Guerena. It is the fact that he was an Iraq war vet who served two tours of duty with the Marines. He said that could explain why he grabbed his weapon during the raid....
    So only war veterans should be expected to protect their families from a home invasion with a firearm?
    Last edited by MAC702; 12-06-2013 at 10:25 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip