• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pima County Settles for Killing Jose Guerena

Citizen

Founder's Club Member

HandyHamlet

But he was an evil drug dealer. How could this possibly be.

{Thanks for the post, was wondering about this while posting links for "no police state" PALO.}

Last edited:

SFCRetired

No amount of money can compensate that family for the loss of a husband and father. I would hope that, as a minimum, the instigators of this murder would be fired and indicted. But I also know that is a vain hope and will not happen.

And some wonder why there is a wall of suspicion and mistrust, which is steadily growing both higher and thicker, between citizens and law enforcement agencies?

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I remember this story because my old paintball crew back in high school routinely executed better tactics than the group of fumbling children who murdered Guerena (watch the video, if you can stomach it).

Sickening and farcical all at once.

William Grigg said:
Jose Guerena, a 26-year-old father of two young boys, was murdered in his Tucson, Arizona home in May 2011 by a state-licensed death squad called the Pima County SWAT team. The government afflicting Pima County has announced that it will offer tax victims residing therein the privilege of indemnifying that murder by underwriting a settlement with the victim’s family.

As always, this man has a unique talent for cutting through the [strike]Lingua Tertii Imperii[/strike] euphemisms of the state, and rendering an objective description.

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I found some new data in the article that I had either missed earlier, or came out locally after it fell of the national radar.

The bits about the SWAT warrant were new to me--the faulty probable cause. Guilt by association. And, the failure of the SWAT to clarify contradictions in their story.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
As always, [Will Grigg] has a unique talent for cutting through the [strike]Lingua Tertii Imperii[/strike] euphemisms of the state, and rendering an objective description.

+1!

Jose Guerena, a 26-year-old father of two young boys, was murdered in his Tucson, Arizona home in May 2011 by a state-licensed death squad called the Pima County SWAT team. The government afflicting Pima County has announced that it will offer tax victims residing therein the privilege of indemnifying that murder by underwriting a settlement with the victim’s family.

Instead of the initials SWAT, I'm thinking citizens could just start using SLDS.

Certainly, I would eschew government-sourced initials designed to get away from the earned negative connotations associated with the initials SWAT. For example, HRT (hostage response team).

davidmcbeth

Banned
they likely got 2 million....lawyers will eat up 40% of that ....

I'd use that Million and buy a tank and crush the swat team .... but thats just me...easy going guy

OC for ME

Another death squad that will not face the ICC[SUP]1[/SUP] at The Hague.

[SUP]1[/SUP]The ICC is intended to complement existing national judicial systems, and may only exercise its jurisdiction when national courts are unwilling or unable to investigate or prosecute such crimes as genocide, crimes against humanity, war crimes, and the crime of aggression.

JoeSparky

Centurion
they likely got 2 million....lawyers will eat up 40% of that ....

I'd use that Million and buy a tank and crush the swat team .... but thats just me...easy going guy

While I want to believe that your statement is HYPERBOLE, with you it is just hard to tell....

Oh, yeah, RULE VIOLATION--- what you suggest would indeed NOT BE A LAWFUL action and is NOT acceptable per forum rules!

davidmcbeth

Banned
While I want to believe that your statement is HYPERBOLE, with you it is just hard to tell....

Oh, yeah, RULE VIOLATION--- what you suggest would indeed NOT BE A LAWFUL action and is NOT acceptable per forum rules!

Hold on there Mr. Referee ... clearly a joke ...

HP995

Murder by lying scumbags.

Murder: Yes, it looks like he was innocent.
Lying: Yes, they said he opened fire, until the safety turned out to be on.
Scumbags: Yes, people who lie and murder are exactly that.

Those words are justified. Yes, you have the ability to delete this post if it violates the holy-and-untouchable rule. (I always save a local copy of my posts, so I never lose the time spent writing them.)

But you can't press Delete to remove a truth or a threat from the real world. And I think this kind of action is a true threat to all good Americans. All the more insidious, because they are taken out individually, one by one, with stories painted to make them look bad.

I feel so sorry for this guy and his fam. Rest in peace, with my respect.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
article said:
...Scileppi said the investigators missed another crucial detail about Guerena. It is the fact that he was an Iraq war vet who served two tours of duty with the Marines. He said that could explain why he grabbed his weapon during the raid....

So only war veterans should be expected to protect their families from a home invasion with a firearm?

Last edited: