Thread: a video camera that requires a code to shut down?--other types?

Banned

a video camera that requires a code to shut down?--other types?

maybe one that does not give any indication that its recording?

anyone seen such items?

There are apps for that.
    Last edited by MAC702; 09-10-2013 at 11:06 AM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    There are apps for that.
    What the heck does that mean...I'm OLD...I want to know before I die ....

An "app" (for "application") is a program for a smart phone (i.e. Android, iPhone) which most savvy people have these days.

And because it is used on your phone, and not being its own stand-alone device, it is much less likely to draw attention as to what it is and what it is doing.
    Last edited by MAC702; 09-10-2013 at 11:49 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Founder's Club Member
    An "app" is a program for a smart phone (Android, iPhone) which most savvy people have these days.

And because it is used on your phone, and not being its own stand-alone device, it is much less likely to draw attention as to what it is and what it is doing.
    I wonder. If I were a cop, I'd kinda assume any smart phone can double as a recording device. I guess if it was in the belt clip, I might not pay any attention.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    I wonder. If I were a cop, I'd kinda assume any smart phone can double as a recording device. I guess if it was in the belt clip, I might not pay any attention.
    Any cop who doesn't assume he is being recorded at all times (except when in the bathroom, his own home, etc.) is asking for trouble. If you act like you should act if you are being recorded, you are golden. This doesn't mean your uses of force and a lot of stuff you do will look pretty. Force, even when entirely justified, is ugly as hell. It is not TJ Hooker wristy twisties and down they go. But in this day and age, ASSUME you are on video. Heck, in some cities, that's true for citizens just walking around, since there are so many darn video cameras. But I notice people videotaping me at least 3 or 4 times a week, and that's just the people I notice watching me.

It's a different era. Cops have always been in a fishbowl, but now that fishbowl is being recorded for posterity and it only helps protect the good cops from spurious complaints and helps punish the bad cops. So, it's an overwhelmingly positive development for us all

Banned
    An "app" (for "application") is a program for a smart phone (i.e. Android, iPhone) which most savvy people have these days.

I don't have a cell phone .... it causes drain bramage

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    The you would be golden.

You can get a cheep android phone like the Kyocera Event. No contract no strings for like $50 from Virgin Mobile. throw a 32 GB micro sd card and you have a camera, video recorder, and music player for about $80 total. don't even have to activate it as a phone, but can still do online stuff over a wi-fi network
    I stopped stocking for the zombie apocalypse. I now stock for the liberal apocalypse.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasjayhawk View Post
    The you would be golden.

You can get a cheep android phone like the Kyocera Event. No contract no strings for like $50 from Virgin Mobile. throw a 32 GB micro sd card and you have a camera, video recorder, and music player for about $80 total. don't even have to activate it as a phone, but can still do online stuff over a wi-fi network
    Sounds great .. I'll take zero.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Unpossible!

You ned to have one in the first place.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Banned
    The you would be golden.

AND

Free drain bramage ... what a DEAL !

Somehow I don't think you need to worry about brain damage.
    I stopped stocking for the zombie apocalypse. I now stock for the liberal apocalypse.

Banned
    Somehow I don't think you need to worry about brain damage.
    I think that I have to worry about politicians though .. they are so stupid its like talking to dogs or fish ...