• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

a video camera that requires a code to shut down?--other types?

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
An "app" (for "application") is a program for a smart phone (i.e. Android, iPhone) which most savvy people have these days.

And because it is used on your phone, and not being its own stand-alone device, it is much less likely to draw attention as to what it is and what it is doing.

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
An "app" is a program for a smart phone (Android, iPhone) which most savvy people have these days.

And because it is used on your phone, and not being its own stand-alone device, it is much less likely to draw attention as to what it is and what it is doing.

I wonder. If I were a cop, I'd kinda assume any smart phone can double as a recording device. I guess if it was in the belt clip, I might not pay any attention.

PALO

I wonder. If I were a cop, I'd kinda assume any smart phone can double as a recording device. I guess if it was in the belt clip, I might not pay any attention.

Any cop who doesn't assume he is being recorded at all times (except when in the bathroom, his own home, etc.) is asking for trouble. If you act like you should act if you are being recorded, you are golden. This doesn't mean your uses of force and a lot of stuff you do will look pretty. Force, even when entirely justified, is ugly as hell. It is not TJ Hooker wristy twisties and down they go. But in this day and age, ASSUME you are on video. Heck, in some cities, that's true for citizens just walking around, since there are so many darn video cameras. But I notice people videotaping me at least 3 or 4 times a week, and that's just the people I notice watching me.

It's a different era. Cops have always been in a fishbowl, but now that fishbowl is being recorded for posterity and it only helps protect the good cops from spurious complaints and helps punish the bad cops. So, it's an overwhelmingly positive development for us all

davidmcbeth

Banned
An "app" (for "application") is a program for a smart phone (i.e. Android, iPhone) which most savvy people have these days.

I don't have a cell phone .... it causes drain bramage

Lasjayhawk

I don't have a cell phone .... it causes drain bramage

The you would be golden.

You can get a cheep android phone like the Kyocera Event. No contract no strings for like $50 from Virgin Mobile. throw a 32 GB micro sd card and you have a camera, video recorder, and music player for about $80 total. don't even have to activate it as a phone, but can still do online stuff over a wi-fi network

davidmcbeth

Banned
The you would be golden.

You can get a cheep android phone like the Kyocera Event. No contract no strings for like $50 from Virgin Mobile. throw a 32 GB micro sd card and you have a camera, video recorder, and music player for about $80 total. don't even have to activate it as a phone, but can still do online stuff over a wi-fi network

Sounds great .. I'll take zero.

:banana::banana::banana:

davidmcbeth

Banned
The you would be golden.

AND

Free drain bramage ... what a DEAL !