• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A chance to influence a poll

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Another someone complaining about carry at Starbucks. Read if you want rehashed talking points, else just jump to the bottom of this page and vote.

(I searched but didn't find it already mentioned. If this is a duplicate, please combine.)

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Thank you for voting!

No 92.48% (1,169 votes)

Yes 6.96% (88 votes)

I don't care 0.55% (7 votes)

Total Votes: 1,264

Poor Brian. His argument "The reason you should create a safe space at Starbucks ...." seems not to have hit a responsive chord with either Starbucks or the readers. There seems to be a - werll, I was going to say a "mixture" of comments, but they mix about as well as crude oil and water. There is just no emuslifying them to get an even outcome.

And BTW - you can vote more than once, even if you are not from Chicago.

stay safe.

blahpony

I'm not sure he can tell the difference between concealed and open. He seems to refer to them both as the same thing.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Now about 3000 to 122, epic fail for him. Just like watching a train wreck reading the comments till I get to ill to continue.

eye95

The question is biased toward "yes."

A better question should be open-ended, with options that sound positive to those who agree with them, instead of phrased in a way that sounds positive only to folks who will answer yes.

Example: How do you think that Starbucks should proceed in regards to their firearm policy?

A) They should continue to allow lawful carry in their stores.

B) They should respect the desire of patrons to enjoy their coffee in a place free of guns.

It ain't that hard to write unbiased questions.

Bias aside, 95% of folks seem to be selecting the choice away from which they were being [strike]led[/strike] dragged.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
(chuckle)

I liked the whiner-comment about Starbucks needing to do the actuarial math about shootings in their stores in the same vein as slippery floors.

So, how many shootings have occurred in Starbucks stores? In states where shooting another person without AOJ is already illegal? I'll bet there have been tons more employee workplace injuries and robberies than customer-on-customer shootings or ND's.

I guess the whiners aren't too bright.