Thread: A chance to influence a poll

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

A chance to influence a poll

Another someone complaining about carry at Starbucks. Read if you want rehashed talking points, else just jump to the bottom of this page and vote.

(I searched but didn't find it already mentioned. If this is a duplicate, please combine.)
    Last edited by Tess; 09-10-2013 at 01:01 PM.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

North Chesterfield VA
    Thank you for voting!

No 92.48% (1,169 votes)

Yes 6.96% (88 votes)

I don't care 0.55% (7 votes)

Total Votes: 1,264
    Poor Brian. His argument "The reason you should create a safe space at Starbucks ...." seems not to have hit a responsive chord with either Starbucks or the readers. There seems to be a - werll, I was going to say a "mixture" of comments, but they mix about as well as crude oil and water. There is just no emuslifying them to get an even outcome.

And BTW - you can vote more than once, even if you are not from Chicago.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"

Leesburg VA
    I'm not sure he can tell the difference between concealed and open. He seems to refer to them both as the same thing.

Corner of No and Where
    Thank you for voting!
    No 94.6% (2,190 votes)

Yes 4.67% (108 votes)

I don't care 0.73% (17 votes)

Total Votes: 2,315
    When rights are outlawed only outlaws will have rights.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. - Hanlon's Razor

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people. - Catherine Engelbrecht

Alexandria, VA at
    No 94.7% (2,360 votes)

Yes 4.45% (111 votes)

I don't care 0.84% (21 votes)

Total Votes: 2,492

Lacey, Washington, USA
    Now about 3000 to 122, epic fail for him. Just like watching a train wreck reading the comments till I get to ill to continue.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux

This author is a highly misleading lunatic:
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    The question is biased toward "yes."

A better question should be open-ended, with options that sound positive to those who agree with them, instead of phrased in a way that sounds positive only to folks who will answer yes.

Example: How do you think that Starbucks should proceed in regards to their firearm policy?

A) They should continue to allow lawful carry in their stores.

B) They should respect the desire of patrons to enjoy their coffee in a place free of guns.

It ain't that hard to write unbiased questions.

Bias aside, 95% of folks seem to be selecting the choice away from which they were being led dragged.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    95.44 No right after my vote. Weird that it seems to let you vote more than once.

Founder's Club Member
    Fairfax Co., VA

I liked the whiner-comment about Starbucks needing to do the actuarial math about shootings in their stores in the same vein as slippery floors.

So, how many shootings have occurred in Starbucks stores? In states where shooting another person without AOJ is already illegal? I'll bet there have been tons more employee workplace injuries and robberies than customer-on-customer shootings or ND's.

I guess the whiners aren't too bright.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.