Thread: Sarah Silverman attempts to mock the NRA, badly misses the mark....

Sarah Silverman attempts to mock the NRA, badly misses the mark....

http://www.thejanedough.com/sarah-si...the-black-nra/
    FUQ
    In a PSA on Funny or Die, Silverman joins comedians David Alan Greer, Ron Funches, and Deon Cole in announcing launch of the Black NRA. Finally we are providing arms to the American citizens who need them most: young, African American men.
    and then watch the embedded video, where she and some black comics are mocking the idea of giving guns to young black men... I assume the punchline is that the NRA must be racist and gun rights activists don't want young black men to own guns...

wierd, because I never have had a problem with young black men (or women, or white, or old or anyone) owning a firearm... and I think most gun rights activists would welcome a law abiding young african american man to their circles to support the second amendment. I actually want to ask, why not Sarah? do you have a problem with young black men exercising their civil rights? why should I worry about young black men exercising their rights and recieving equal protection under the law?
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

If remember right the NRA was founded by 2 Union Generals (maybe Majors) after the end of the civil war to help freed slaves to get and keep firearms for their protection.

Gun control laws are firmly rooted in racism. She should do 5 minutes of research before opening her mouth.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Banned
    Colion Noir?

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Colion Noir?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Banned
    I had no idea he had made a video in response. I just see him as a visible reminder that there is no white NRA, so there is no need for a black NRA. There is just the NRA, fighting its color-blind battle. I disagree with a lot the NRA does, but it is despicable for these race-baiters to imply that race is a motivator at all for the NRA.

Most folks race-baiting today would probably infuriate Dr. King. He very specifically said that we should look past color and only see the content of character. The character of these "comedians" is ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    lol. That was probably the hardest pwnage I've ever seen.

This guy is instantly my new hero.

Go play in traffic....Oh dear sweetness I nearly wet myself.

Banned
    "Go play in traffic." The last time I said that was to Steve Winwood.

He did.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    :O

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    I am not a fan of NRA, but this guys response was awesome!

His line about using logic....priceless.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    I am not a fan of NRA, but this guys response was awesome!

His line about using logic....priceless.
    Sarah Silverman is one my favorite comediens or comediennes I guess. But she is a total kneejerk hollywood liberal on tons of stuff and this is the perfect example.

Of course this is true of tons of my favorite actors, comediens, etc. It has to be if you aren't a liberal, but you enjoy good performers. I don't get my political insight from a comedian or god forbid Matt Daaaaaaaaaaaaaamon! South Park at least does a good job at skewering their "smug".

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    http://www.thejanedough.com/sarah-si...the-black-nra/
    FUQ

and then watch the embedded video, where she and some black comics are mocking the idea of giving guns to young black men... I assume the punchline is that the NRA must be racist and gun rights activists don't want young black men to own guns...

wierd, because I never have had a problem with young black men (or women, or white, or old or anyone) owning a firearm... and I think most gun rights activists would welcome a law abiding young african american man to their circles to support the second amendment. I actually want to ask, why not Sarah? do you have a problem with young black men exercising their civil rights? why should I worry about young black men exercising their rights and recieving equal protection under the law?
    Consider also that young black men are SUBSTANTIALLY more likely ot be victims of violent crime than most other demographics (I've posted the DOJ stats before. ) *and* statistically more likely to live in "may issue" vs. "shall issue" jurisdictions. Double whammy. I don't think most gun control advocates are racist, but it's inarguable imo that the EFFECTS of gun control are racist, since they disproportionately negatively affect black men

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz272 View Post
    If remember right the NRA was founded by 2 Union Generals (maybe Majors) after the end of the civil war to help freed slaves to get and keep firearms for their protection.
    Not Truth! NRAs original purpose was to teach marksmanship.

The National Rifle Association was first chartered in the state of New York on November 17, 1871[12] by Army and Navy Journal editor William Conant Church and General George Wood Wingate. Its first president was Civil War General Ambrose Burnside, who had worked as a Rhode Island gunsmith, and Wingate was the original secretary of the organization. Church succeeded Burnside as president in the following year.
    Union Army records for the Civil War indicate that its troops fired about 1,000 rifle shots for each Confederate soldier hit, causing General Burnside to lament his recruits: "Out of ten soldiers who are perfect in drill and the manual of arms, only one knows the purpose of the sights on his gun or can hit the broad side of a barn."[13] The generals attributed this to the use of volley tactics, devised for earlier, less accurate smoothbore muskets.[14][15]
    Recognizing a need for better training, Wingate traveled to Europe and observed European armies' marksmanship training programs. With plans provided by Wingate, the New York Legislature funded the construction of a modern range at Creedmore, Long Island, for long-range shooting competitions. Wingate then wrote a marksmanship manual.[13]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Rifle_Association
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington