Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Sarah Silverman attempts to mock the NRA, badly misses the mark....

  1. #1
    Regular Member EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    S. Kitsap, Washington state
    Posts
    3,763

    Sarah Silverman attempts to mock the NRA, badly misses the mark....

    http://www.thejanedough.com/sarah-si...the-black-nra/
    FUQ
    In a PSA on Funny or Die, Silverman joins comedians David Alan Greer, Ron Funches, and Deon Cole in announcing launch of the Black NRA. Finally we are providing arms to the American citizens who need them most: young, African American men.
    and then watch the embedded video, where she and some black comics are mocking the idea of giving guns to young black men... I assume the punchline is that the NRA must be racist and gun rights activists don't want young black men to own guns...

    wierd, because I never have had a problem with young black men (or women, or white, or old or anyone) owning a firearm... and I think most gun rights activists would welcome a law abiding young african american man to their circles to support the second amendment. I actually want to ask, why not Sarah? do you have a problem with young black men exercising their civil rights? why should I worry about young black men exercising their rights and recieving equal protection under the law?
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

    NRA Member

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Frozen Tundra, , USA
    Posts
    88
    If remember right the NRA was founded by 2 Union Generals (maybe Majors) after the end of the civil war to help freed slaves to get and keep firearms for their protection.

  3. #3
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    Gun control laws are firmly rooted in racism. She should do 5 minutes of research before opening her mouth.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Colion Noir?

  5. #5
    Founder's Club Member protias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SE, WI
    Posts
    7,322
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Colion Noir?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

    If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

    I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    I had no idea he had made a video in response. I just see him as a visible reminder that there is no white NRA, so there is no need for a black NRA. There is just the NRA, fighting its color-blind battle. I disagree with a lot the NRA does, but it is despicable for these race-baiters to imply that race is a motivator at all for the NRA.

    Most folks race-baiting today would probably infuriate Dr. King. He very specifically said that we should look past color and only see the content of character. The character of these "comedians" is ugly.

  7. #7
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    lol. That was probably the hardest pwnage I've ever seen.

    This guy is instantly my new hero.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Centralia, MO
    Posts
    144
    Go play in traffic....Oh dear sweetness I nearly wet myself.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    "Go play in traffic." The last time I said that was to Steve Winwood.

    He did.

  10. #10
    Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,318
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    :O

  11. #11
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    I am not a fan of NRA, but this guys response was awesome!

    His line about using logic....priceless.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    747
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    I am not a fan of NRA, but this guys response was awesome!

    His line about using logic....priceless.
    Sarah Silverman is one my favorite comediens or comediennes I guess. But she is a total kneejerk hollywood liberal on tons of stuff and this is the perfect example.

    Of course this is true of tons of my favorite actors, comediens, etc. It has to be if you aren't a liberal, but you enjoy good performers. I don't get my political insight from a comedian or god forbid Matt Daaaaaaaaaaaaaamon! South Park at least does a good job at skewering their "smug".

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    747
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    http://www.thejanedough.com/sarah-si...the-black-nra/
    FUQ


    and then watch the embedded video, where she and some black comics are mocking the idea of giving guns to young black men... I assume the punchline is that the NRA must be racist and gun rights activists don't want young black men to own guns...

    wierd, because I never have had a problem with young black men (or women, or white, or old or anyone) owning a firearm... and I think most gun rights activists would welcome a law abiding young african american man to their circles to support the second amendment. I actually want to ask, why not Sarah? do you have a problem with young black men exercising their civil rights? why should I worry about young black men exercising their rights and recieving equal protection under the law?
    Consider also that young black men are SUBSTANTIALLY more likely ot be victims of violent crime than most other demographics (I've posted the DOJ stats before. ) *and* statistically more likely to live in "may issue" vs. "shall issue" jurisdictions. Double whammy. I don't think most gun control advocates are racist, but it's inarguable imo that the EFFECTS of gun control are racist, since they disproportionately negatively affect black men

  14. #14
    Campaign Veteran MSG Laigaie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Philipsburg, Montana
    Posts
    3,137
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz272 View Post
    If remember right the NRA was founded by 2 Union Generals (maybe Majors) after the end of the civil war to help freed slaves to get and keep firearms for their protection.
    Not Truth! NRAs original purpose was to teach marksmanship.


    The National Rifle Association was first chartered in the state of New York on November 17, 1871[12] by Army and Navy Journal editor William Conant Church and General George Wood Wingate. Its first president was Civil War General Ambrose Burnside, who had worked as a Rhode Island gunsmith, and Wingate was the original secretary of the organization. Church succeeded Burnside as president in the following year.
    Union Army records for the Civil War indicate that its troops fired about 1,000 rifle shots for each Confederate soldier hit, causing General Burnside to lament his recruits: "Out of ten soldiers who are perfect in drill and the manual of arms, only one knows the purpose of the sights on his gun or can hit the broad side of a barn."[13] The generals attributed this to the use of volley tactics, devised for earlier, less accurate smoothbore muskets.[14][15]
    Recognizing a need for better training, Wingate traveled to Europe and observed European armies' marksmanship training programs. With plans provided by Wingate, the New York Legislature funded the construction of a modern range at Creedmore, Long Island, for long-range shooting competitions. Wingate then wrote a marksmanship manual.[13]


    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Rifle_Association
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •