• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sarah Silverman attempts to mock the NRA, badly misses the mark....

EMNofSeattle

http://www.thejanedough.com/sarah-silverman-supports-the-black-nra/
FUQ
In a PSA on Funny or Die, Silverman joins comedians David Alan Greer, Ron Funches, and Deon Cole in announcing launch of the Black NRA. Finally we are providing arms to the American citizens who need them most: young, African American men.

and then watch the embedded video, where she and some black comics are mocking the idea of giving guns to young black men... I assume the punchline is that the NRA must be racist and gun rights activists don't want young black men to own guns...

wierd, because I never have had a problem with young black men (or women, or white, or old or anyone) owning a firearm... and I think most gun rights activists would welcome a law abiding young african american man to their circles to support the second amendment. I actually want to ask, why not Sarah? do you have a problem with young black men exercising their civil rights? why should I worry about young black men exercising their rights and recieving equal protection under the law?

Grizz272

If remember right the NRA was founded by 2 Union Generals (maybe Majors) after the end of the civil war to help freed slaves to get and keep firearms for their protection.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Gun control laws are firmly rooted in racism. She should do 5 minutes of research before opening her mouth.

eye95

I had no idea he had made a video in response. I just see him as a visible reminder that there is no white NRA, so there is no need for a black NRA. There is just the NRA, fighting its color-blind battle. I disagree with a lot the NRA does, but it is despicable for these race-baiters to imply that race is a motivator at all for the NRA.

Most folks race-baiting today would probably infuriate Dr. King. He very specifically said that we should look past color and only see the content of character. The character of these "comedians" is ugly.

PALO

I am not a fan of NRA, but this guys response was awesome!

His line about using logic....priceless.

Sarah Silverman is one my favorite comediens or comediennes I guess. But she is a total kneejerk hollywood liberal on tons of stuff and this is the perfect example.

Of course this is true of tons of my favorite actors, comediens, etc. It has to be if you aren't a liberal, but you enjoy good performers. I don't get my political insight from a comedian or god forbid Matt Daaaaaaaaaaaaaamon! South Park at least does a good job at skewering their "smug".

PALO

http://www.thejanedough.com/sarah-silverman-supports-the-black-nra/
FUQ

and then watch the embedded video, where she and some black comics are mocking the idea of giving guns to young black men... I assume the punchline is that the NRA must be racist and gun rights activists don't want young black men to own guns...

wierd, because I never have had a problem with young black men (or women, or white, or old or anyone) owning a firearm... and I think most gun rights activists would welcome a law abiding young african american man to their circles to support the second amendment. I actually want to ask, why not Sarah? do you have a problem with young black men exercising their civil rights? why should I worry about young black men exercising their rights and recieving equal protection under the law?

Consider also that young black men are SUBSTANTIALLY more likely ot be victims of violent crime than most other demographics (I've posted the DOJ stats before. ) *and* statistically more likely to live in "may issue" vs. "shall issue" jurisdictions. Double whammy. I don't think most gun control advocates are racist, but it's inarguable imo that the EFFECTS of gun control are racist, since they disproportionately negatively affect black men

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
If remember right the NRA was founded by 2 Union Generals (maybe Majors) after the end of the civil war to help freed slaves to get and keep firearms for their protection.

Not Truth! NRAs original purpose was to teach marksmanship.

The National Rifle Association was first chartered in the state of New York on November 17, 1871[12] by Army and Navy Journal editor William Conant Church and General George Wood Wingate. Its first president was Civil War General Ambrose Burnside, who had worked as a Rhode Island gunsmith, and Wingate was the original secretary of the organization. Church succeeded Burnside as president in the following year.
Union Army records for the Civil War indicate that its troops fired about 1,000 rifle shots for each Confederate soldier hit, causing General Burnside to lament his recruits: "Out of ten soldiers who are perfect in drill and the manual of arms, only one knows the purpose of the sights on his gun or can hit the broad side of a barn."[13] The generals attributed this to the use of volley tactics, devised for earlier, less accurate smoothbore muskets.[14][15]
Recognizing a need for better training, Wingate traveled to Europe and observed European armies' marksmanship training programs. With plans provided by Wingate, the New York Legislature funded the construction of a modern range at Creedmore, Long Island, for long-range shooting competitions. Wingate then wrote a marksmanship manual.[13]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Rifle_Association