Thread: Washington Specific Legislative Updates

Washington Specific Legislative Updates

I know a few of you get these in the regular email box. Stay tuned there is likely a rerun of last year.

~Whitney
    Agenda Update; House Judiciary

Judiciary - 10/3/2013 8:30 a.m.

House Full Committee
    House Hearing Rm A
    John L. O'Brien Building
    Olympia, WA

Work Session: Firearms-related background check processes.
    The problem with America is stupidity.
    I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Thanks for posting this.

With all the craziness following HB 1588 going down in flames and I-594, I'm sure this year will be jam-packed with statist liberals trying to "close the gunshow/private sale loophole."

Since I-594 is pretty much the worst parts of HB 1588 it will be interesting to see how the anti-freedom nazis try and frame the debate.

The problem with 1588 last year was that it essentially outlawed private sales as the two methods it gave for getting background checks were impossible or impractical.

If anyone here is unfamiliar with the backstory on the "universal background check" legislation from the 2013 session, you can read it here: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?111114
    Last edited by Alpine; 09-10-2013 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
    With all the craziness following HB 1588 going down in flames and I-594, I'm sure this year will be jam-packed with statist liberals trying to "close the gunshow/private sale loophole."
    It always astounds me how so many people have a cognitive dissonance when it comes to rights and the tools needed to exercise them. If you bring up the 'library loophole' or the 'used book store loophole' they look at you like you're crazy...even as they discuss the 'private gun sale loophole'.
    Last edited by Difdi; 10-22-2013 at 12:05 PM.

Recorded video of working session

Quote Originally Posted by Whitney View Post
    I know a few of you get these in the regular email box. Stay tuned there is likely a rerun of last year.

~Whitney
    Agenda Update; House Judiciary

Judiciary - 10/3/2013 8:30 a.m.

House Full Committee
    House Hearing Rm A
    John L. O'Brien Building
    Olympia, WA

Work Session: Firearms-related background check processes.

Not a very educational session.

This is about an hour and a half long. If you have some time just watch the first 30 minutes or so, pay particular attention to the committe chair questions.

The session was aired live by TVWashington, and is available from their archives at
    http://tvw.org/index.php?option=com_...tID=2013100061

~Whitney
    The problem with America is stupidity.
    I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

I was there in the audience... Interesting meeting.
    www.WaGuns.org

Currently mapping locations of Shooting Areas as well as Gun Stores - Let me know what is missing!