• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Washington Specific Legislative Updates

Whitney

I know a few of you get these in the regular email box. Stay tuned there is likely a rerun of last year.

~Whitney
[h=2]Agenda Update; House Judiciary[/h]Judiciary - 10/3/2013 8:30 a.m.

House Full Committee
House Hearing Rm A
John L. O'Brien Building
Olympia, WA

Work Session: Firearms-related background check processes.

Alpine

Thanks for posting this.

With all the craziness following HB 1588 going down in flames and I-594, I'm sure this year will be jam-packed with statist liberals trying to "close the gunshow/private sale loophole."

Since I-594 is pretty much the worst parts of HB 1588 it will be interesting to see how the anti-freedom nazis try and frame the debate.

The problem with 1588 last year was that it essentially outlawed private sales as the two methods it gave for getting background checks were impossible or impractical.

If anyone here is unfamiliar with the backstory on the "universal background check" legislation from the 2013 session, you can read it here: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?111114

Last edited:

Difdi

With all the craziness following HB 1588 going down in flames and I-594, I'm sure this year will be jam-packed with statist liberals trying to "close the gunshow/private sale loophole."

It always astounds me how so many people have a cognitive dissonance when it comes to rights and the tools needed to exercise them. If you bring up the 'library loophole' or the 'used book store loophole' they look at you like you're crazy...even as they discuss the 'private gun sale loophole'. :banghead:

Last edited:

Whitney

Recorded video of working session

I know a few of you get these in the regular email box. Stay tuned there is likely a rerun of last year.

~Whitney
Agenda Update; House Judiciary

Judiciary - 10/3/2013 8:30 a.m.

House Full Committee
House Hearing Rm A
John L. O'Brien Building
Olympia, WA

Work Session: Firearms-related background check processes.

Not a very educational session.

This is about an hour and a half long. If you have some time just watch the first 30 minutes or so, pay particular attention to the committe chair questions.

The session was aired live by TVWashington, and is available from their archives at
http://tvw.org/index.php?option=com_tvwplayer&eventID=2013100061

~Whitney