• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

More legit than thou OCer (lame)

independence

Was OCing in McDonald's today with my family and saw one a dude come in OCing with what appeared to be one of those cheesy Handgun Carry Permit badges on his waist. Sigh. So silly. Not sure if he spotted me, but I spotted him.

Need I preach about how lame (and dangerous) it is to wear one of these OC badges here, or are we all pretty much cool on this?

Anyway, nice time with the family. My kids OCed Happy Meal toy robots that had the capability to shoot their own head as a projectile and the manager briefly looked at my gun with raised brow but didn't say anything or freak out. Might have helped that I was holding a kid when she spotted me.

independence

You sure it wasn't a police detective?

Most definitely not a detective. Jeans, loose untucked black t-shirt, unkempt appearance and extremely young. (Nothing wrong with any of that but I'm somewhere around 103% sure he wasn't law enforcement.)

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Most definitely not a detective. Jeans, loose untucked black t-shirt, unkempt appearance and extremely young. (Nothing wrong any of that but I'm somewhere around 103% sure he wasn't law enforcement.)

Sounds pretty unlikely based on your description. And, you'd think a young security guard would be wearing his uniform if he was carrying.

independence

We have some pretty lame OCers around here who think that wearing a Cracker Jack box Handgun Carry Permit badge makes them legit. One of them told me, "That's what you gotta do. I'm friends with the cops around here and they say that's how you gotta carry so they know you're not a bad guy." :eek:

This is open carry gone wrong, as I'm sure you all know. :banghead:

Last edited:

xdsc9

I worked Security for a While (both armed and unarmed) and the first rule before you go anywhere is to loose the uniform.... including the badge. If it was a security officer hes breaking rule one... and in TN if your an armed officer and you don't possess a carry permit, your have to remove and unload your weapon before you leave the property where your posted. Had to deal with this for a few months waiting on my permit to arrive when i was 21.

PS: incase i was not clear enough badge = no terrible idea

EMNofSeattle

We have some pretty lame OCers around here who think that wearing a Cracker Jack box Handgun Carry Permit badge makes them legit. One of them told me, "That's what you gotta do. I'm friends with the cops around here and they say that's how you gotta carry so they know you're not a bad guy." :eek:

This is open carry gone wrong, as I'm sure you all know. :banghead:

that's funny. because I don't know of a single LEO who's ever said to wear some form a badge that can be mistaken for an LE badge.