Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: MILLER: National registry gets head start as MD compromises gun owners’ privacy. TWT

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,161

    MILLER: National registry gets head start as MD compromises gun owners’ privacy. TWT

    "Gun owners place a high value on their privacy. Anti-gun politicians realize this and are hoping they can use the prospect of entering their names into a gun registry to scare these Americans away from buying a firearm. Every time these gun grabbers get caught in the act, Second Amendment supporters need to cry foul. [ ] Over the weekend, Maryland Gov. Martin O’Malley and the Maryland State Police released the confidential information of people applying for firearms purchases to five massive state agencies. The stated purpose, according to a police statement Saturday night, was to speed up the processing of a backlog of 39,000 applications."

    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...d-start-as-ma/

    Perhaps consider an OCDO sub-forum for contributions to and discussions of Ms. Miller's continuing efforts. I will and have read Emily Miller. I will not read the gun-fan derivative blogs. So much to read, so little time.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  2. #2
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    "Gun owners place a high value on their privacy. Anti-gun politicians realize this and are hoping they can use the prospect of entering their names into a gun registry to scare these Americans away from buying a firearm. Every time these gun grabbers get caught in the act, Second Amendment supporters need to cry foul. [ ] Over the weekend, Maryland Gov. Martin O’Malley and the Maryland State Police released the confidential information of people applying for firearms purchases to five massive state agencies. The stated purpose, according to a police statement Saturday night, was to speed up the processing of a backlog of 39,000 applications."

    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...d-start-as-ma/

    Perhaps consider an OCDO sub-forum for contributions to and discussions of Ms. Miller's continuing efforts. I will and have read Emily Miller. I will not read the gun-fan derivative blogs. So much to read, so little time.
    I really have a hard time caring what happens in Mary Land anymore. I also have a hard time seeing how it affects anything on the national level.

    The most credibility I can give to Ms. Miller's statement is that a national registry of Mary Land gun owners might be getting a head start. I wouldn't bother opposing such a scheme, because I don't and can't bring myself to care.

    Frankly, I wouldn't care one way or the other if we just up and ceded Mary Land to China.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,161
    Had she not put National in her title, I would have posted to the Maryland sub-forum.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Suffolk Virginia
    Posts
    699
    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    I really have a hard time caring what happens in Mary Land anymore. I also have a hard time seeing how it affects anything on the national level.

    The most credibility I can give to Ms. Miller's statement is that a national registry of Mary Land gun owners might be getting a head start. I wouldn't bother opposing such a scheme, because I don't and can't bring myself to care.

    Frankly, I wouldn't care one way or the other if we just up and ceded Mary Land to China.
    While I agree, we should care. The influence of others can spread like wild fire. If it can be done there, why not here will be the train of thought.

    Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

  5. #5
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Had she not put National in her title, I would have posted to the Maryland sub-forum.
    Well, I'm not saying it isn't worthy of discussion, I'm just saying that I personally am no longer capable of caring what happens in Mary Land.

  6. #6
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    Quote Originally Posted by mpguy View Post
    While I agree, we should care. The influence of others can spread like wild fire. If it can be done there, why not here will be the train of thought.
    Mary Land is worse than California.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,161

    Miller's later statement with national effect.

    "When the government knows the whereabouts of every single gun in the country, the deterrence of an armed citizenry as a counterweight to overbearing authority is removed, and the possibility of confiscation becomes more likely.

    When it was revealed this summer that the National Security Agency has been spying on thousands of law-abiding citizens for no reason, gun owners’ fears were reinforced. That is why the National Rifle Association filed an amicus brief last week in a case that the American Civil Liberties Union is bringing against the agency for its Prism data-mining program."
    Last edited by Nightmare; 09-11-2013 at 11:48 AM. Reason: emphasis
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •