• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The bicycle bandit has been caught....somewhat OT

EMNofSeattle

so this is a curious story....

a twelve year old kid on a bicycle has robbed multiple establishments at gun point. the gun was lended to him by a 16 year old. both are now in custody and will be charged as juveniles....

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/12-year-old-boy-arrested-in-string-of-robberies-223174681.html

EVERETT, Wash. -- A 12-year-old boy has been arrested for his involvement in robbing a store at gunpoint, and stealing a tip jar from a barista stand, according to police.

The first crime occurred in late August at Pecks Drive Market when witness say a young man pointed a black revolver directly at a clerk, and demanded money from the cash register.

Last edited:

amzbrady

I think the kid should be lucky that he didn't ever rob a place that had an open or concealed carrier in the establishment, he might not have had a day in court.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I think the kid should be lucky that he didn't ever rob a place that had an open or concealed carrier in the establishment, he might not have had a day in court.
Where he is going, he will undoubtedly get a better education :p

golddigger14s

Activist Member
All he has to do is say he was on his way to or from an outdoor activity. That will at least help him with possession of a gun portion.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Hey Spanky, can I borrow your .357?

Sure Darlene, anything for you.

12 year old ... wonder what he thought he was doing? Mimicking his brother or something?

We'll never find out though...in all likelihood.

Freedom1Man

A better education on how to be a more hardened criminal....:(

One night in Sno-Co lock up I learned all about how to clean out houses. It's really interesting. I asked the guy about armed home owners and he said with his method he makes sure no one is home first. He only did day time B&Es and was responsible for over 100 unsolved cases in Sno-Co alone. In King County they caught him due to a stolen computer that had a lo-jack type thing on it when it was turned on. He confessed to over 100 in King County to play let's make a deal.

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran

This leads to an interesting question!

Would you shoot a 12 year old carrying a gun? I have to say I would have a hard time justifying such an act unless I was sure my life was in immediate danger, and even then I may hesitate.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
This leads to an interesting question!

Would you shoot a 12 year old carrying a gun? I have to say I would have a hard time justifying such an act unless I was sure my life was in immediate danger, and even then I may hesitate.

Definitely not for the simple act of "carrying a gun".

If "my life was in immediate danger" or imminent risk of serious bodily harm. Unfortunately, the gun doesn' know the age of the person taking such action. I hope to never be called upon to make such a decision.

Last edited: