Thread: California Semi-Auto Weapons Ban?

California Semi-Auto Weapons Ban?

I found this article on Fox News. The article lists other new laws that CA passed, but I don't see anything about an actual semi-auto ban. Anyone know of some other law that they passed that would ban semi-autos, or is the reporter just being a sensationalist? Also I'm curious, but how could such a law even hope to pass constitutional muster??

Fallon, NV
    I saw nothing in the article, except the title, that referenced a semi-automatic weapons ban. I think it's journalistic bait and switch.
    Hoka hey

NE Ohio
    There are quite a few stories that talk about the ban, among them:

"New sales of semi-automatic rifles with removable magazines would be banned in California under a bill passed by the Democratic-led state legislature on Tuesday, and those who already own such weapons would have to register them.

The measure, which passed the state Assembly 44-31 and is expected to go to Governor Jerry Brown for his signature after amendments are approved in the state Senate, is one of a package of gun control bills passed earlier this year by senators in the wake of the massacre last year at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut."
    I haven't dug deeply enough to find out the bill number, but I'm sure you can find it if you look.
    Christian, Husband, Father
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Anything I post in these forums is my personal opinion formed by my own interpretation of the topic.
    IANAL and anything I say is not intended to be nor should it be taken as legal advice.