Thread: Centerpoint Mall in GR

Centerpoint Mall in GR

Can anyone tell me whether Centerpoint Mall is still a no no for guns now that they've made it in to more of a strip mall type thing where you can go in to each store individually? I'm assuming this is still the case but I thought I'd ask.

Quote Originally Posted by 91 whiskey View Post
    Can anyone tell me whether Centerpoint Mall is still a no no for guns now that they've made it in to more of a strip mall type thing where you can go in to each store individually? I'm assuming this is still the case but I thought I'd ask.
    I thought they closed! last time I was there I OC'd and went to the SOS office, no drama
    My reasons to OC
    1. to raise awareness of the legality of open carry in Michigan
    2. To raise awareness that good people carry guns
    3. A deterrent to people so that I won't be targeted
    4. Because it's more comfortable than CC in most situations
    5. Because I can and want to
    6. Because it's perfectly legal
    7. Self defense

Quote Originally Posted by Raggs View Post
    I thought they closed! last time I was there I OC'd and went to the SOS office, no drama
    Nope. They remodeled it. Got rid of the interior part of the mall by making it in to some sort of pedestrian mall or something and then make it so you can access each store from the outside.

so I'm guessing no one can give me a concrete answer?

Quote Originally Posted by 91 whiskey View Post
    so I'm guessing no one can give me a concrete answer?
    I personally have never seen signage saying one can't carry there, and I have carried there.
    My reasons to OC
    1. to raise awareness of the legality of open carry in Michigan
    2. To raise awareness that good people carry guns
    3. A deterrent to people so that I won't be targeted
    4. Because it's more comfortable than CC in most situations
    5. Because I can and want to
    6. Because it's perfectly legal
    7. Self defense

Quote Originally Posted by Raggs View Post
    I personally have never seen signage saying one can't carry there, and I have carried there.
    it wasn't very obvious. They have , or use to have anyhow, a list of rules posted by the doors and at the bottom of that list in smaller print was "no weapons of any kind".

So, now that the doors are no longer into the "mall proper", and into the individual stores... doesn't that allow for the individual stores to decide?

Just saying.. if you don't go thru a door that has that unreadable list, and the list is NOT posted by the doors to the stores, how would you know their policy?

MI_XD

Haven't been in there in a year or so, but SM and I OCed into Dunhams. Didn't buy anything, as apparently no one works there....
    'If the people are not ready for the exercise of the non-violence of the brave, they must be ready for the use of force in self defense. There should be no camouflage.....it must never be secret.' MK Gandhi II-146 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)-- Gandhi supports open carry!

'There is nothing more demoralizing than the fake non-violence of the weak and impotent.' MK Gandhi II-153 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)

If they don't have a 'no guns' sign prominently displayed, I'll probably miss it. Worst case, they can ask you to leave, which you ust do immediately.

And, never go back.

So far, I haven't had to go to a mall for anything- I can get everything I need without patronizing those monstrosities!
    'If the people are not ready for the exercise of the non-violence of the brave, they must be ready for the use of force in self defense. There should be no camouflage.....it must never be secret.' MK Gandhi II-146 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)-- Gandhi supports open carry!

'There is nothing more demoralizing than the fake non-violence of the weak and impotent.' MK Gandhi II-153 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)