Thread: 1 vote!?!

1 vote!?!

What the hell! I think I know the answer but still learning about the politics world. is there anything we can do or are we gonna have to wait till next year and try again? I really thought it was gonna pass especially when the debates started. There must have been some sleeping senators that didn't hear a word that was said.

Quote Originally Posted by jimogden View Post
    What the hell! I think I know the answer but still learning about the politics world. is there anything we can do or are we gonna have to wait till next year and try again? I really thought it was gonna pass especially when the debates started. There must have been some sleeping senators that didn't hear a word that was said.
    REMEMBER THIS the next time you're in the BALLOT BOX!!!

Quote Originally Posted by randyj View Post
    Damn right! I will remember.

Additionally I would like to personally thank all the guys that put so much into this. It's not a loss, just a setback.

Re: 1 vote!?!

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoreBoy View Post
    Damn right! I will remember.

Additionally I would like to personally thank all the guys that put so much into this. It's not a loss, just a setback.
    +1 on that. Don't give up, let the disappointment of this setback inspire you to keep fighting. Thank you all very much for everything you have done.

When can we get copies of the vote from the journal where i can get the whole list of exactly who voted yea and nea!
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "The shores of history are littered with the wrecks of civilizations, where once free men trusted their rights and liberty to a wholly centralized government"

Quote Originally Posted by jimogden View Post
    Sleeping I think failure to even have their head in the game is more like it!

Seems like some of them were so far out in left field even I was starting to get lost LOL!

Politics,Politics,Politics...............

I mean seriously they were more worried about the centerfold from the conversation magazine than actually sitting down and reading what was in the bill getting something passed that had the ability to be good for those of our state.

What a load of crap!

I sure hope that senator likes living across from those drug dealers and gang members cause she damn sure didn't make her neighborhood any safer today! I find it comical she is obviously part of the problem but has not wishes to actually finding a solution!
    "The shores of history are littered with the wrecks of civilizations, where once free men trusted their rights and liberty to a wholly centralized government"

+1 as well to all those whom worked so hard and spent so much time and energy tying!

On the bright side!We know who to go after and fire come next election!

Wait i remember now..................

Criminals make up 90% of their voter base, that's why they do nothing about the ridiculously high crime rates in every blue city and blue state, they don't want to alienate their voter base. It's best to just target real Americans, who don't vote for the fascist , the law-abiding citizens.

THis way when they have made as many once law abiding citizens criminals their voter base could improve some more LOL.............Sarcasm!

Senate GOP leadership is to blame for Override failure

Here is the article from ABC News implicating the Senate leadership. Now we know who to defeat at the ballot box.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireS...-bill-20224865

Here is a quote from the article:

Senators voted 22-12 for the veto override, coming up just shy of the required two-thirds majority. Senate President Pro Tem Tom Dempsey and Majority Leader Ron Richard split from the rest of the GOP caucus that they lead to instead sustain Democratic Gov. Jay Nixon's veto
    Last edited by Great Gazoo; 09-11-2013 at 10:45 PM. Reason: more sensitive language

This makes me just sick. This was our one chance not only to preempt the silly OC regs in the leftist strongholds in Missouri, but to set a standard for the nation to follow with regard to the second amendment. Does anyone really think we'll ever get this kind of legislation through again? I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by bigb360 View Post
    This makes me just sick. This was our one chance not only to preempt the silly OC regs in the leftist strongholds in Missouri, but to set a standard for the nation to follow with regard to the second amendment. Does anyone really think we'll ever get this kind of legislation through again? I don't.
    Ok I'm an optimist so...I'm not about to let that stand. Yeah I absolutely think we have lots of chances moving forward. From my understanding most of what was accomplished leading up to today was achieved by a relatively small group of guys. Who knows what we can do if we come back in '14 or '15 with more numbers, more enthusiasm, more whatever it takes. We only lost by one vote! (I know - it sucks!)

I for one would like to hear from the guys that have been up in Jeff City gettin' it done. What needs to happen next and how can we help? Please - enlighten me - I'm a sponge. (ok - I'm an angry sponge - sounds a little tougher)
    Last edited by BigBoreBoy; 09-12-2013 at 12:52 AM.

Good to see new people coming in, maybe that will help next time!

Accomplished Advocate
    They got the journal published fast this time.

http://www.senate.mo.gov/13info/Jour....pdf#toolbar=1

Too much time and money has been spent on these wastiods.

Marc worked like a mad man, and did an outstanding job.

I hated missing the rally and the veto session, I hate it even more now as i would have enjoyed sharing a few choice words with some morons in Jeff this round.

Time to start emailing some photos of campaign contributions to those running against these jokers, SHOW them where it hurts.

rumor has it the NRA had a hand in it again, however, while i do not trust the NRA due to past history, know the NRA rep for mo is a real **** who cowers at the thought of OC, there is also speculation that the rumor is indeed false and those who turned their backs on us have made it up to try and soften the blow of the public display of their inabilities to stand up for our state and national constitutions.

May have to sit the next one out.
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

After scuttling the Missouri bill, Dempsey and Richard both professed their devotion to the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, their love of hunting and their history of supporting pro-gun legislation.
    History, how ironic that this turncoat must draw on his history where as he had a opportunity to make history.

"However, I have reached a point where, in my view, political prudence and good public policy have parted ways, and I have been forced to pick which path I will follow," Dempsey, of St. Charles, said in a written explanation of his vote.
    Mr. Dempsey, you Sir have parted ways with your oat to uphold the state and federal constitutions.

"My love of the Second Amendment didn't trump my love of the First Amendment," he told reporters.
    WHAT?

Bottom line, the veto override failed because republicans did not vote based on their conservative principles because those republicans do not have any republican principles.

RINO each and every one of them. Vote them out of office.

Quote Originally Posted by randyj View Post
    NAY - Ron Richard R-32 321 (573) 751-2173
    Dade, Jasper and Newton

I know nothing about this man, but here is one to consider terminating.

Article where Dempsey and Richard are telling lies again. Remember they both voted for HB436 in regular session. Could they accurately be called traitors to their oath of office?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...-state-senate/

Quote Originally Posted by redhawk44 View Post
    NAY - Ron Richard R-32 321 (573) 751-2173
    Dade, Jasper and Newton

I know nothing about this man, but here is one to consider terminating.
    I don't need to know anything about either one of these SOB's. Their votes speak volumes! They both voted for it in the Spring only to switch their votes last night. So what does this tell us? Did they not fully read the bill when they originally voted for it? Did they not fully understand it when they stood behind it? Did they suddenly have such a change of heart that they can no longer support something they were for only months ago? (Here after known as "Pulling a Koster"). Or are their votes just for sale to the highest bidder? One way or the other I don't want them representing me or anyone else in this fine state.

Watch for extra monies for schools and other projects from Nixon to these 2 turn coats.

Primary Challengers and other means to defeat these Tyrants

When do the terms of these 2 traitors expire? Liberty minded candidates need to be discovered in those districts and supported with funding by the rest of us. Money does indeed flow across district lines. I also heard that members of the Legislature can only be recalled (like happened recently in Colorado) in districts that have a population under 30,000? There must be a good way to hold the representatives of the people accountable for their actions.

Maybe a few good protest marches in front of Dempsey's restaurant in St Charles might enlighten some people as to what kind of person they are supporting by eating at his place.

My e-mail exchange with Mr. Dempsey.

1st e-mail.
    Sir,

Your choice to ignore your oath to defend the Missouri State Constitution and the Federal Constitution will not be forgotten.
    Mr. Dempsey's reply.
    Thank you for contacting my office concerning my position on HB 436. I appreciate and welcome your feedback. If you would like more information about why I voted against the override of HB 436, I invite you to look over the attached statement about the bill.

As always, if you have any other concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to contact my office.

Tom Dempsey
    State Senator – District 23

Office phone: (573)751-1141

My follow up e-mail and the last e-mail I send to Mr. Dempsey.
    Sir,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I, as well as many Missouri citizens, are at a loss as to why you voted for HB436 in the spring and then voted against HB436 on September 11. Did you not read HB436 in the spring? Did HB436 morph into something that you are now not able to support after it left the statehouse for Mr. Nixon's desk?

Those under the age of 21 remain unable to defend themselves by exercising their Art. I, Sec. 23 right anywhere they may lawfully be in the state of Missouri. Political subdivisions continue to have the authority to infringe upon our Art. I, Sec. 23 right. You, Sir, have demonstrated very little in the way of restoring liberty over the past 12 years where our Art. I, Sec. 23 right is concerned. It seems to me that your love of the 1A will indeed permit you to infringe upon my 2Art. I, Sec. 23 right.

I respect your commitment to you principles but your commitment to the Art. I, Sec. 23 is now suspect in my view.

Be safe.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I noticed that Mr. Dempsey states that he respects the MO Constitution not that he supports or defends it, he states he also supports the second amendment but seems to think it pertains to hunting, also he has been in Jeff City 12 years and has done nothing to try to correct the unconstitutional power given to municipalities in regards to OC. See this. http://www.moga.mo.gov/const/A01023.HTM So much BS from a wind bag politician.
    Last edited by 9026543; 09-12-2013 at 05:52 PM.

Accomplished Advocate
    He is blathering on about section 160.665 section 4 and 5 but he is full of crap. It says that the school protection officer must turn the student over to administrators "as soon as practically possible" and it does NOT say "up to four hours" it says "no more than four hours" In other words they can detain the student and march them to the deans office, but if they are unable to do so under no circumstances are they allowed to detain them for more than four hours. It also says NOTHING WHAT SO EVER about not being required to notify parents, why he fabricated that is interesting.

More than one school district has learned the results of detaining and questioning a student in legal matters without notification.

Sickening bunch of muppets.

Bill text in question :

160.665. 1. Any school district within the state may designate one or more elementary or secondary school teachers or administrators as a school protection officer. The responsibilities and duties of a school protection officer are voluntary and shall be in addition to the normal responsibilities and duties of the teacher or administrator. Any compensation for additional duties relating to service as a school protection officer shall be funded by the local school district, with no state funds used for such purpose.

2. Any person designated by a school district as a school protection officer shall be authorized to carry concealed firearms in any school in the district and shall be required to keep such firearm on his or her person at all times while on school property. Any school protection officer who violates this subsection shall be removed immediately from the classroom and subject to employment termination proceedings.

3. Any person designated as a school protection officer may detain, on view, any person the officer sees violating or who such officer has reasonable grounds to believe has violated any law of this state, including a misdemeanor or infraction, or any policy of the school.

4. Any person detained by a school protection officer for violation of any state law shall, as soon as practically possible, be turned over to a law enforcement officer. However, in no case shall a person detained under the provisions of this section be detained by a school protection officer for more than four hours.

5. Any person detained by a school protection officer for violation of any school policy shall, as soon as practically possible, be turned over to a school administrator. However, in no case shall a person detained under the provisions of this section be detained by a school protection officer for more than four hours.
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."