• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

1 vote!?!

OC for ME

My e-mail exchange with Mr. Dempsey.

1st e-mail.
Sir,

Your choice to ignore your oath to defend the Missouri State Constitution and the Federal Constitution will not be forgotten.

Mr. Dempsey's reply.
Thank you for contacting my office concerning my position on HB 436. I appreciate and welcome your feedback. If you would like more information about why I voted against the override of HB 436, I invite you to look over the attached statement about the bill.

As always, if you have any other concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to contact my office.

Tom Dempsey
State Senator – District 23

Office phone: (573)751-1141

My follow up e-mail and the last e-mail I send to Mr. Dempsey.
Sir,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I, as well as many Missouri citizens, are at a loss as to why you voted for HB436 in the spring and then voted against HB436 on September 11. Did you not read HB436 in the spring? Did HB436 morph into something that you are now not able to support after it left the statehouse for Mr. Nixon's desk?

Those under the age of 21 remain unable to defend themselves by exercising their Art. I, Sec. 23 right anywhere they may lawfully be in the state of Missouri. Political subdivisions continue to have the authority to infringe upon our Art. I, Sec. 23 right. You, Sir, have demonstrated very little in the way of restoring liberty over the past 12 years where our Art. I, Sec. 23 right is concerned. It seems to me that your love of the 1A will indeed permit you to infringe upon my 2Art. I, Sec. 23 right.

I respect your commitment to you principles but your commitment to the Art. I, Sec. 23 is now suspect in my view.

Be safe.

Attachments

• Senate Leader Comments on House Bill 436.pdf
    106 KB · Views: 123

I noticed that Mr. Dempsey states that he respects the MO Constitution not that he supports or defends it, he states he also supports the second amendment but seems to think it pertains to hunting, also he has been in Jeff City 12 years and has done nothing to try to correct the unconstitutional power given to municipalities in regards to OC. See this. http://www.moga.mo.gov/const/A01023.HTM So much BS from a wind bag politician.

Last edited:

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
He is blathering on about section 160.665 section 4 and 5 but he is full of crap. It says that the school protection officer must turn the student over to administrators "as soon as practically possible" and it does NOT say "up to four hours" it says "no more than four hours" In other words they can detain the student and march them to the deans office, but if they are unable to do so under no circumstances are they allowed to detain them for more than four hours. It also says NOTHING WHAT SO EVER about not being required to notify parents, why he fabricated that is interesting.

More than one school district has learned the results of detaining and questioning a student in legal matters without notification.

Sickening bunch of muppets.

Bill text in question :

160.665. 1. Any school district within the state may designate one or more elementary or secondary school teachers or administrators as a school protection officer. The responsibilities and duties of a school protection officer are voluntary and shall be in addition to the normal responsibilities and duties of the teacher or administrator. Any compensation for additional duties relating to service as a school protection officer shall be funded by the local school district, with no state funds used for such purpose.

2. Any person designated by a school district as a school protection officer shall be authorized to carry concealed firearms in any school in the district and shall be required to keep such firearm on his or her person at all times while on school property. Any school protection officer who violates this subsection shall be removed immediately from the classroom and subject to employment termination proceedings.

3. Any person designated as a school protection officer may detain, on view, any person the officer sees violating or who such officer has reasonable grounds to believe has violated any law of this state, including a misdemeanor or infraction, or any policy of the school.

4. Any person detained by a school protection officer for violation of any state law shall, as soon as practically possible, be turned over to a law enforcement officer. However, in no case shall a person detained under the provisions of this section be detained by a school protection officer for more than four hours.

5. Any person detained by a school protection officer for violation of any school policy shall, as soon as practically possible, be turned over to a school administrator. However, in no case shall a person detained under the provisions of this section be detained by a school protection officer for more than four hours.