Thread: Good Morning Floridians...

Good Morning Floridians...

I will be visiting your great state over the course of the next several weeks and wanted to get the low down on the Fl ins and outs for carrying. I have a resident Va and non resident Pa permit and will be carrying 24/7 when off base. I will be in the Panama City area and any information is greatly appreciated. Any weekend range trips or meet ups would be swell too. Will be bringing my G27, since it's by far the easiest to conceal. TIA

Banned
    Search out the ATF's website for their publication on local and state laws ....

The laws may vary per location .. but hey, you wanna take a mistaken post for gospel, that's up to you

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post

The laws may vary per location .. but hey, you wanna take a mistaken post for gospel, that's up to you
    I only take what I read as gospel, my friend. I am not looking for a forum lawyer, just someone who can identify where I need to look. I know laws vary by state, hence a visit to the Florida room.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post

It doesn't take long to figure out who gives proper advice, especially when comparing several posts from the same state from known reliable posters.

And I would trust that a lot more than a document from the federal government which likely can't keep up with changing state laws.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Banned
    The 2nd Amendment states YOUR RIGHT to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. Carry how and what you feel is best and just hope that you aren't illegally grabbed by oath breaking unconstitutional "law" enFORCErs.

www.handgunlaw.us

click on Fl and look at places off limits.

Fl is concealed only though so I carry everywhere unless the state is offering armed security.
    Last edited by 77zach; 09-12-2013 at 09:29 AM.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by AFCop View Post
    I will be visiting your great state over the course of the next several weeks and wanted to get the low down on the Fl ins and outs for carrying. I have a resident Va and non resident Pa permit and will be carrying 24/7 when off base. I will be in the Panama City area and any information is greatly appreciated. Any weekend range trips or meet ups would be swell too. Will be bringing my G27, since it's by far the easiest to conceal. TIA
    Your non-resident PA license is not recognized by Florida, but your VA license is.

No Open Carry.
    No Carry in bars (standalone) but carry into restaurants with bars is OK as long as you do not sit at the bar.
    Drinking and carrying is lawful.
    No requirement to inform LEO that you are carrying.
    'No firearms' signs carry no legal weight.

Someone else mentioned Handgunlaw.us - that site is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by notalawyer View Post
    Your non-resident PA license is not recognized by Florida, but your VA license is.

No Open Carry.
    No Carry in bars (standalone) but carry into restaurants with bars is OK as long as you do not sit at the bar.
    Drinking and carrying is lawful.
    No requirement to inform LEO that you are carrying.
    'No firearms' signs carry no legal weight.

Someone else mentioned Handgunlaw.us - that site is pretty good.
    Notalwyer beat me to it.

His message is valid and correct.

AD
    NRA Life - AMA Life - ABATE Life
    Viet-Nam Helicopters Pilots Assn - Life
    IDPA, ICORE and USPSA carry gun shooter - Glock Armorer
    NRA Certified Instructor

drinking AND carrying is lawful?

Quote Originally Posted by Kopis View Post
    It is in several non-nanny states, including Nevada and Utah.
    Last edited by MAC702; 09-12-2013 at 12:26 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by Kopis View Post
    To be precise, I should have said 'Drinking while carrying' is lawful.
    But, Yes. Just as it should be.

You can even get falling down drunk while carrying and that is also perfectly lawful too.

Why should someone be prevented from having a glass of wine or two at dinner, or a couple beers while carrying a firearm?

Now if you are drunk and use it (discharge it or hold it in your hand) then there's going to be a problem, unless it is done in lawful self-defense.

I just never knew that was fully legal in some states. I agree 100% though, just because i go watch a football game and have a few beers doesnt mean i shouldnt be able to defend myself while walking back to my car.

By all means,

Quote Originally Posted by AFCop View Post
    I only take what I read as gospel, my friend. I am not looking for a forum lawyer, just someone who can identify where I need to look. I know laws vary by state, hence a visit to the Florida room.
    Don't take anything David says as correct or accurate.
    Last edited by va_tazdad; 09-13-2013 at 11:20 AM.

It is in Virginia,

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    It is in several non-nanny states, including Nevada and Utah.
    but only if you are open carrying. You can NOT conceal walking in and then OC if you want alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by va_tazdad View Post
    but only if you are open carrying. You can NOT conceal walking in and then OC if you want alcohol.
    Since you quoted me instead of the guy that asked the question, let's clarify that you are not referring to the two states I specifically mentioned.