• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Good Morning Floridians...

AFCop

I will be visiting your great state over the course of the next several weeks and wanted to get the low down on the Fl ins and outs for carrying. I have a resident Va and non resident Pa permit and will be carrying 24/7 when off base. I will be in the Panama City area and any information is greatly appreciated. Any weekend range trips or meet ups would be swell too. Will be bringing my G27, since it's by far the easiest to conceal. TIA

davidmcbeth

Banned
Search out the ATF's website for their publication on local and state laws ....

The laws may vary per location .. but hey, you wanna take a mistaken post for gospel, that's up to you

AFCop

The laws may vary per location .. but hey, you wanna take a mistaken post for gospel, that's up to you

I only take what I read as gospel, my friend. I am not looking for a forum lawyer, just someone who can identify where I need to look. I know laws vary by state, hence a visit to the Florida room.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran

It doesn't take long to figure out who gives proper advice, especially when comparing several posts from the same state from known reliable posters.

And I would trust that a lot more than a document from the federal government which likely can't keep up with changing state laws.

Jeff. State

Banned
The 2nd Amendment states YOUR RIGHT to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. Carry how and what you feel is best and just hope that you aren't illegally grabbed by oath breaking unconstitutional "law" enFORCErs.

notalawyer

I will be visiting your great state over the course of the next several weeks and wanted to get the low down on the Fl ins and outs for carrying. I have a resident Va and non resident Pa permit and will be carrying 24/7 when off base. I will be in the Panama City area and any information is greatly appreciated. Any weekend range trips or meet ups would be swell too. Will be bringing my G27, since it's by far the easiest to conceal. TIA

Your non-resident PA license is not recognized by Florida, but your VA license is.

No Open Carry.
No Carry in bars (standalone) but carry into restaurants with bars is OK as long as you do not sit at the bar.
Drinking and carrying is lawful.
No requirement to inform LEO that you are carrying.
'No firearms' signs carry no legal weight.

Someone else mentioned Handgunlaw.us - that site is pretty good.

ADulay

Your non-resident PA license is not recognized by Florida, but your VA license is.

No Open Carry.
No Carry in bars (standalone) but carry into restaurants with bars is OK as long as you do not sit at the bar.
Drinking and carrying is lawful.
No requirement to inform LEO that you are carrying.
'No firearms' signs carry no legal weight.

Someone else mentioned Handgunlaw.us - that site is pretty good.

Notalwyer beat me to it.

His message is valid and correct.

AD

notalawyer

drinking AND carrying is lawful?

To be precise, I should have said 'Drinking while carrying' is lawful.
But, Yes. Just as it should be.

You can even get falling down drunk while carrying and that is also perfectly lawful too.

Why should someone be prevented from having a glass of wine or two at dinner, or a couple beers while carrying a firearm?

Now if you are drunk and use it (discharge it or hold it in your hand) then there's going to be a problem, unless it is done in lawful self-defense.

Kopis

I just never knew that was fully legal in some states. I agree 100% though, just because i go watch a football game and have a few beers doesnt mean i shouldnt be able to defend myself while walking back to my car.

va_tazdad

By all means,

I only take what I read as gospel, my friend. I am not looking for a forum lawyer, just someone who can identify where I need to look. I know laws vary by state, hence a visit to the Florida room.

Don't take anything David says as correct or accurate.

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
but only if you are open carrying. You can NOT conceal walking in and then OC if you want alcohol.

Since you quoted me instead of the guy that asked the question, let's clarify that you are not referring to the two states I specifically mentioned.