• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AR resident experience when stopped by LEO in AL

Kopis

So my wife and i were heading down to FL for a little vacation action. I was driving her passat diesel (42+mpg fully loaded and running 80+) anyway, we had got off the interstate and were on some back roads. I was stuck behind three cars for forever and finally got past them in one of those temporary passing lanes, as i crested the next hill, i saw a state trooper sitting at the bottom of it, i looked down and was WELL above the 55mph limit, i slammed the brakes hard to no avail so i pulled over virtually in front of him. So i rolled the windows down, took the key out and put my hands on the wheel, the trooper walks up and i stuck my hand out and introduced myself and said also, "i do have a CCW permit out of AR and my GLOCK is on my right side, do you want to disarm me?" and in a country twang, he responds "well, ill make ya a deal son, you dont draw yours and i wont draw mine" LMAO! i said that's a fair deal officer! He got my at 75 in a 55 and wrote me a warning, how awesome is that?

eye95

If we are going to quote (or paraphrase) Franklin, let's get it right, including two key words that I have bolded and italicized:

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

I am sure some do not use the full quote because it indicates that at least one of our Founders believed that there were some inessential Liberties that could be given in trade for lasting safety!

On the topic of the thread: In this case, I'd bet that you actually earned points with the officer by telling him of you license and carry. I wouldn't count on it happening again. Also, unless something has changed since I moved from Alabama to Ohio, you don't have to notify officers of your carry.

Kopis

I seem to get stopped a lot and i always inform the officer im armed right away. I was stopped by AR state police twice last month and neither of them seemed to care much either.

The way the AL state trooper calmly replied "well, you dont draw yours and i wont draw mine" was the funniest thing tho!

eye95

Notice that I did not mis-attribute what I said to another! It is arguable that Franklin ever mouthed or penned your words. Back to your oubliette under the outhouse.

The quotation was published in the Memoirs of the life and writings of Benjamin Franklin (1818).

Moving on.

davidmcbeth

Banned
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Well I feel safer knowing the correct quote...at least for a little while.

No video? Well, did he say that then? :banana::banana::banana:

eye95

I normally don't respond to to your useless queries...However, to make you look even more like an ass than your post already did:

Shortly before a meeting of the PA Assembly in February, 1775.

Next.

markm

So my wife and i were heading down to FL for a little vacation action. I was driving her passat diesel (42+mpg fully loaded and running 80+) anyway, we had got off the interstate and were on some back roads. I was stuck behind three cars for forever and finally got past them in one of those temporary passing lanes, as i crested the next hill, i saw a state trooper sitting at the bottom of it, i looked down and was WELL above the 55mph limit, i slammed the brakes hard to no avail so i pulled over virtually in front of him. So i rolled the windows down, took the key out and put my hands on the wheel, the trooper walks up and i stuck my hand out and introduced myself and said also, "i do have a CCW permit out of AR and my GLOCK is on my right side, do you want to disarm me?" and in a country twang, he responds "well, ill make ya a deal son, you dont draw yours and i wont draw mine" LMAO! i said that's a fair deal officer! He got my at 75 in a 55 and wrote me a warning, how awesome is that?

Hey Kopis,

I got stopped by Kalifornia CHP. The cruiser that pulled me over waited for back-up. The back-up LEO stood behing my wife (passenger side) and had his hand on his gun--prepared to spray-and-pray her with 15 rounds of 40 S&W. The LEO that pulled me over got in front of my driver side door and had his hand on his 40 S&W.

We must be dangerous people! Obviously! We were driving a 6 month old Mercedes E-350. We both have exactly no criminal record or any police contact to speak of. We are mid fifties. Clean cut with no tats or gang style dress. We were wearing casual business attire.

For some reason, they were really fearful of us. We had no guns in the car.

If we had an open carried gun or a concealed handgun that we declared, they would haved crapped their draws. Kali LEO are afraid of their own shadows.

Remember what Kali LEOs did to the three people in LA during the Chris Dorner incident? Shot'm'up real good. The two newspaper delivery ladies were sprayed with automatic "assault weapon" gun fire. The surfer got sprayed with 40 S&W because the cop could not see who was behind the deployed air bags--after the cop had t-boned the surfer's truck as it was waved through a LEO checkpoint.

I enjoyed reading about your encounter with a real cop; I wish LEO in Kali were as psychologically balanced as Alabama's.

markm

Last edited:

HPmatt

I got stopped by Kalifornia CHP.
For some reason, they were really fearful of us. We had no guns in the car.

So where in CA did you get pulled over? South central LA at midnight? Fresno during the day? Driving along Hwy 1 in Carmel? We only go there to visit family in Fresno/Carmel and vacation in Orange County. Have never been pulled over by any cops there in 15 years. Typically keep it 4 miles over max and make sure others pass us from time-to-time.

OC for ME

Going north on the 5, between Stockton and Sacramento, visiting family, a Chipper cruiser pulled me over for going too slow, "not maintaining a safe speed based on traffic flow." I was doing six over the posted.....in a construction work zone!! Chipper gave me a verbal warning and told me to pay closer attention to what was going on around me. Going that slow I would cause a accident. :shocker:

Sometime ya just can't win.

Kopis

Hey Kopis,

Remember what Kali LEOs did to the three people in LA during the Chris Dorner incident? Shot'm'up real good. The two newspaper delivery ladies were sprayed with automatic "assault weapon" gun fire. The surfer got sprayed with 40 S&W because the cop could not see who was behind the deployed air bags--after the cop had t-boned the surfer's truck as it was waved through a LEO checkpoint.

I enjoyed reading about your encounter with a real cop; I wish LEO in Kali were as psychologically balanced as Alabama's.

markm

Knock on wood, ive never had a bad experience. I enjoy some things about the south and that is one of them. I had a friend move down from MA last year and the first time he was bringing his pistols, AR and AK over to shoot he asked if he needed to get a permit to transport them or what the process was and i was like ....... um put them in your car and drive over?.... He was so paranoid though i finally called a sherrif friend of mine who asked me what the problem was exactly? he sounded as confused as i did! We usually have the cops come to one of our weekend shoots and they always like looking at our toys and target setup.

I rememeber that! Dorner was driving a grey nissan titan and the cops shot up a bright blue toyota tacoma!!! WTF????

davidmcbeth

Banned
I normally don't respond to to your useless queries...However, to make you look even more like an ass than your post already did:

Shortly before a meeting of the PA Assembly in February, 1775.

Next.

Very interesting .. you have a video of that meeting? Please post & link.