• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bristol Judge makes in Chambers comment on Second Amendment

Edward Peruta

Today in GA 17 in Bristol, CT. three defense attorneys and one State Prosecutor were in Chambers with Superior Court Robert Brunetti in the case of
State of Connecticut v. Bruce Worley Docket Number H17B-CR13-0055722S.

While in chambers with Judge Brunetti at least three defense attorneys have confirmed that the judge made the following statements:

"NOBODY IN THIS COUNTRY SHOULD HAVE GUNS" and "I NEVER RETURN GUNS" or words similar to that effect.

The case was brought to the attention of WTIC FOX 61, WTNH ABC 8 AND THE HARTFORD COURANT ALL OF WHOM DID NOT HAVE THE PERSONNEL TO COVER THE PLANNED HEARING SCHEDULED FOR 2:00 P.M.

The following email emergency request was made by the undersiged to videotape the scheduled hearing:

edperuta@amcable.tv [mailto:edperuta@amcable.tv]
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2013 10:04 AM
To: Zawadski, Alison
Subject: Re: Camera request

Allison this is an emergency request for a camera in the courtroom GA 17 Bristol in the matter of State v. Worley it is a risk warrant hearing under Section 29-38 C of the Connecticut General Statutes the judge has made comments in chambers which will cause a motion for recusal. The judge has stated that no one in America should possess firearmsthis request is made in my capacity as a American news I have a camera in the car and then prepared to videotape the hearing this situation is similar to the situation with Judge Mullarkey in Rockville please let me know immediately regarding approval.

Based on several factors which don't change the underlying issues, the case was resolved prior to the 2:00 pm hearing.

These statements and similar statments made off the official record by Judges demonstrate a complete disregard for justice and the rights of American Citizens.

davidmcbeth

Banned
The lawyers who heard such utterances should file a complaint with the Bar Assoc. But they won't. Lawyers are the least ethical professionals.

Take my guns? ... I'll make new ones the next day.

This judge seems senile. I've seen crazy judges before ....

Last edited:

CT Barfly

The lawyers who heard such utterances should file a complaint with the Bar Assoc. But they won't. Lawyers are the least ethical professionals.

Take my guns? ... I'll make new ones the next day.

This judge seems senile. I've seen crazy judges before ....

Really? How far away from Wall St. do you live?