• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Denied CPL in wayne county

wizzi01

still not seeing how that should effect his RIGHT to keep and bear arms? The whole CPL thing is a joke to me, "here, we give you permission to exercise your RIGHT to keep and bear arms."

If you can't control yourself and break minor laws multiple times , are you to be trusted carrying a concealed pistol?

7om5hipp

Name one person who does not ever break any laws. If you carry anywhere near a school you are breaking fed law, if you go one mph over the speed limit you are breaking the law by not going to posted limit. Just because he has something from 8 years ago does not mean he should be banned from having the ability to protect himself or his family. What if this was you, would you still think the same way that you are thinking now, or is it the fact that you are not the one being denied that allows you the ability to sit there and pass judgement.

And sorry if that is rude or mean or anything, I just hate when people cast the first stone.....

casper

Name one person who does not ever break any laws. If you carry anywhere near a school you are breaking fed law, if you go one mph over the speed limit you are breaking the law by not going to posted limit. Just because he has something from 8 years ago does not mean he should be banned from having the ability to protect himself or his family. What if this was you, would you still think the same way that you are thinking now, or is it the fact that you are not the one being denied that allows you the ability to sit there and pass judgement.

And sorry if that is rude or mean or anything, I just hate when people cast the first stone.....
A big +1 to that Sir.:)

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
If you can't control yourself and break minor laws multiple times , are you to be trusted carrying a concealed pistol?
does the second amendment say "if you prove to the rest of society that you are responsible enough to carry a gun, you will forthwith be issued a permit and that permit and your ability to keep it, pay for it and be socially responsible will be the source of your right to keep and bear arms?"

Raggs

does the second amendment say "if you prove to the rest of society that you are responsible enough to carry a gun, you will forthwith be issued a permit and that permit and your ability to keep it, pay for it and be socially responsible will be the source of your right to keep and bear arms?"

sure! all you have to do is "read betwen the lines" and take "poetic license"

SpringerXDacp

No, not for those residing in Michigan who have been verified by a law enforcement authority to determine if he or she qualifies for a license to possess, carry, transport, buy, sell, etc. MCL 28.422 (License To Purchase) and MCL 28.422a (CPL).

OK, back to your regular scheduled programming. :p

budlight

How is "Carrying anywhere near a school breaking fed law?" Are we talking about felons or some unusual situation? Cite Please?

budlight

Thanks, so from what I read this wouldn't apply then........

Exceptions to the possession prohibition include:

•Firearm possessors licensed by the state or locality to possess the gun, whose law requires that before the person obtains a license, state or local law enforcement verify that the person is qualified to receive the license;

7om5hipp

Don't have a permit myself, granted I did not know that your state allowed you to carry near a school with a permit. Although I do carry when I walk to pick my daughter up from school, and I was not trying to tell people not to carry. Was just using it as a point, heck there are probably old blue book laws that we are all breaking everyday without knowing it, lol.

budlight

Real OCers don't have permits.

Great....but in Michigan OCers can't carry anywhere on the premises of the following WITHOUT a CPL (that includes the parking lot) that has a liquor license....i.e. party store, Wal-mart, 7-11, etc, plus banks, churches, courts, theaters, sports areanas, day care centers, and hospitals. See Michigan MCL 750.234d

MCL 750.234d provides that it is a 90 day misdemeanor to possess a firearm on the premises of any of the following:

A depository financial institution (e.g., bank or credit union)

A church or other place of religious worship

A court

A theater

A sports arena

A day care center

A hospital

An establishment licensed under the Liquor Control Code
The above section does not apply to any of the following:

The owner or a person hired as security (if the firearm is possessed for the purpose of providing security)

A peace officer
 A person with a valid concealed pistol license (CPL) issued by any state

A person who possesses on one of the above listed premises with the permission of the owner or owner’s agent

budlight

Don't have a permit myself, granted I did not know that your state allowed you to carry near a school with a permit. Although I do carry when I walk to pick my daughter up from school, and I was not trying to tell people not to carry. Was just using it as a point, heck there are probably old blue book laws that we are all breaking everyday without knowing it, lol.

The state doesn't allow me or prohibit myself as there is no state law against it. Federal Law states you must be licensed by the state as one of it's exceptions, therefore I am legal to do so as I am licensed. Just trying to be clear as you mentioned earlier we all break the law.

budlight

Real OCers don't have permits.

Just an FYI, REAL OCers can't LEGALLY carry concealed or open in all the places people with permits have. Again, just pointing out a fact. You can be against permits, and I understand the frustration, but they keep you out of trouble if you are carrying in a location that requires one.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Just an FYI, REAL OCers can't LEGALLY carry concealed or open in all the places people with permits have. Again, just pointing out a fact. You can be against permits, and I understand the frustration, but they keep you out of trouble if you are carrying in a location that requires one.

Well, I suppose that's why I don't live in Michigan. :p

Sunnyday1

Thanks a lot for all the comments. I just wanted to give everyone an update. I went to the board meeting today without an attorney, and was approved for my CPL.:banana: The board even went as far as to state that I should have never been denied because my dwls 2 nd offense was over 8yrs old?????:confused::eek:Well it cost me a days pay, :eek:but I'm just glad it's approved.

Raggs

Thanks a lot for all the comments. I just wanted to give everyone an update. I went to the board meeting today without an attorney, and was approved for my CPL.:banana: The board even went as far as to state that I should have never been denied because my dwls 2 nd offense was over 8yrs old?????:confused::eek:Well it cost me a days pay, :eek:but I'm just glad it's approved.

sweet!