View Poll Results: If Hickenlooper is recalled, who would you want to replace him.

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Plumbers who started the recall

1 6.67%
  • Sheriff Terry Maketa

5 33.33%
  • Tom Tancredo

1 6.67%
  • Ken Buck

0 0%
  • Dan Maes

0 0%
  • Other

8 53.33%

Thread: Who would you like to replace Hickenlooper if there was a recall?

Who would you like to replace Hickenlooper if there was a recall?

Just wanting to pick y'all's brains for a bit here.
    Personally, I'd want Sheriff Terry Maketa. That guy kicks arse!

1. The Plumbers who started the recall of the last two (Now unemployed) bums.

2. Sheriff Terry Maketa.

3. Tom Tancredo.

4. Ken Buck.

5. Dan Maes.

6. Other.
    Why do I have a bar in my home? Because it's cheaper to stock a bar than to get a DUI.

Quote Originally Posted by RandallFlagg View Post

Know nothing about them
    2. Sheriff Terry Maketa.
    seems OK
    3. Tom Tancredo.
    A raging extreme right winger who thinks hispanic migrants are the same as AQ terrorists
    4. Ken Buck.
    know nothing about him
    5. Dan Maes.
    same
    6. Other.
    so Maketa is the only choice from my point of view.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

"A raging extreme right winger..."

Your Seattle is showing.

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    "A raging extreme right winger..."

Your Seattle is showing.
    Yes , Tom Tancrazy is far too extreme to be elected in colorado, if he's nominated hick gets a second term. Easy as that. He targeted and denigrated a fellow republicans mother during a primary debate, he ran ads saying if we didn't deport illegals that suddenl6 terrible terrorist attacks would occur, he stutters and stammers and can't focus on any other issue other then illegal immigration. He will not be elected in a general.

Better off to choose someone who's not obsessed with one o two partisan issues
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

I did not disagree with your assessment. I merely pointed out your use of words that are similar to the words that liberals use.

Sen. Brophy

What in the world is wrong with Greg, am I missing something? http://greg4governor.com/

First off you forgot Greg Brophy who has already announced he will run, and who would make a good representation of real Colorado (businessman, rancher, firearm owner etc).

Tancredo isn't so far out, he's a lot more astute than all these idiots who would let anyone hop the border fence, steal jobs and money from our citizens who have neither. Plus a number of AQ terrorists ARE sneaking across our porous southern border. The view is a lot more complex outside your colon.

Dan Maes is done. He is why Hick is in the mansion now. Maes was tainted by scandal so badly the GOP establishment was asking him to withdraw. Tancredo ran as an independent and at least made a decent showing, especially if you count the 11% that Maes actually got with Tancredo's 36% - not enough to beat what Chickenpooper got but with a 2 way split there's a possibility that some might have siphoned to Tancredo with a close race. Tancredo actually supported the legalization of weed, as sound policy to handle the issue rather than stuffing our jails, enriching crimnals and bankrupting our CJS. There are a few liberals out there that would have supported whomever supported that position.

That said, Terry Maketa and Ken Buck both are decent candidates, I think Maketa has made more of a splash perhaps with the lawsuit against the ill-willed gun laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxxon View Post
    That said, Terry Maketa and Ken Buck both are decent candidates, I think Maketa has made more of a splash perhaps with the lawsuit against the ill-willed gun laws.
    Maketa, alas, has said he has no intention of running.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxxon View Post
    First off you forgot Greg Brophy who has already announced he will run, and who would make a good representation of real Colorado (businessman, rancher, firearm owner etc).
    Oops. Haven't heard about him for a while. I didn't know.
    I know his history, though. Seems like a good choice as well.
    Why do I have a bar in my home? Because it's cheaper to stock a bar than to get a DUI.

Re: Who would you like to replace Hickenlooper if there was a recall?

Brophy has my vote.

Sent from my Samsung Note II
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    http://www.ColoradoGunOwners.com

A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

Colorado Firearm law.
    http://www.lexisnexis.com/hottopics/colorado/
    Lexis Nexis: Colorado law pertaining to firearms.
    Title 18, Article 12

Quote Originally Posted by RandallFlagg View Post

2. Sheriff Terry Maketa.

3. Tom Tancredo.

4. Ken Buck.

5. Dan Maes.

6. Other.
    Terry, beyond a doubt. I only hope we can change his mind about running. The first 10 people in the Pueblo phonebook would be an improvement on that pos chickenlooper.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

I say "Other". Why, precisely, do we NEED a governor?

I personally object to being governed.
    Last edited by Alamo Jack; 09-15-2013 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alamo Jack View Post
    I say "Other". Why, precisely, do we NEED a governor?

I personally object to being governed.
    Title aside, we need a governor to veto the nonsense the legislature passes. (Something our current governor fails at.)

Perhaps we could elect a pair of groucho marx glases with a card with the word "VETO" under it.

Scott Gessler Announces his Candidacy

Scott Gessler, Colorado's Secretary of State, is a die-hard fan of our Second Amendment. He announced his candidacy to a small group of people yesterday, and it was my pleasure and honor to be there.

He quite specifically promised to do everything in his power to repeal the recent gun laws.

He also has an impressive track record for doing more with less. Even when more is available, he still gets things done for less and turns back funds! He's reduced his current office's budge by more than 20%, and has increased responsiveness to the point where if you call his office, your wait time is minimal (a minute or two) and when you do get through, you're speaking to a real live human being.

He wants to get rid of the ridiculous business property tax that has chased away so many potential employers, and proposes the same model that worked so well during the Reagan years: Unshackle the businesses so they can GROW, as that's what creates jobs and generates revenue from productivity, vs revenue from sucking leeches.

Truly a gentleman and a scholar. Definitely a straight-shooter.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    Scott Gessler, Colorado's Secretary of State, is a die-hard fan of our Second Amendment. He announced his candidacy to a small group of people yesterday, and it was my pleasure and honor to be there.

He quite specifically promised to do everything in his power to repeal the recent gun laws.

He also has an impressive track record for doing more with less. Even when more is available, he still gets things done for less and turns back funds! He's reduced his current office's budge by more than 20%, and has increased responsiveness to the point where if you call his office, your wait time is minimal (a minute or two) and when you do get through, you're speaking to a real live human being.

He wants to get rid of the ridiculous business property tax that has chased away so many potential employers, and proposes the same model that worked so well during the Reagan years: Unshackle the businesses so they can GROW, as that's what creates jobs and generates revenue from productivity, vs revenue from sucking leeches.

I've been wanting to walk into his office and ask him what it would take to recall senator Jessie Ulibarri from office.

Who are they? I don't remember hearing about them.

2. Sheriff Terry Maketa.
    NO.

3. Tom Tancredo.
    HELL NO. I remember him when he was in office and I was living in Colorado at the time. He's the kind of extremist that the DHS should be going after.

4. Ken Buck.
    I know of Ken and his wife. Good people. I think he has potential.

5. Dan Maes.
    Dan IS the man!

6. Other.
    Eye95
    Lifetime member, Gun Owners of America (http://gunowners.org/)
    Lifetime member, Jews for the Preservation of Firearm Ownership (http://jpfo.org/)
    Member, Fraternal Order of Eagles since 8/02 (http://www.foe.com/)

Registering gun owners to prevent crime, is like registering Jews to prevent a HOLOCAUST.

I am not a lawyer in real life, or in play life. So anything I say is for debate and discussion only.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post

One additional thing I'd like to see is the City and Cesspit of Denver (and other places of like mind) getting pre-empted, since we evidently can't trust the courts to realize the state constitution already does so.
    Last edited by SteveInCO; 09-20-2013 at 09:02 AM.

Larimer County sheriff

I would love to have sheriff Justin Smith run. He is on of many that is suing Hick. He does an awesome job here and I'm proud the live in his county.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveInCO View Post
    One additional thing I'd like to see is the City and Cesspit of Denver (and other places of like mind) getting pre-empted, since we evidently can't trust the courts to realize the state constitution already does so.
    Gessler has mentioned in passing he believes the Colorado State Constitution applies everywhere, even in Denver. As that issue stalled in the Colorado State Supreme Court, it'll require legislation, possibly an amendment, to clarify.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

How did Maes end up on that list after his last Gubernatorial fiasco?

other

Brophy would get my vote, whether there is a recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    I don't anticipate a recall; there is no way to collect the signatures needed in the time allotted. Besides we get to vote on Hickeypooper in a year no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    The Brophy folks have a table at the Tanner Gun Show this weekend.