Jason Holsman 573-751-6607
    Jolie Justus 573-751-2788
    Joseph Keaveny 573-751-3599
    Paul LeVota 573-751-3074
    Ryan McKenna 573-751-1492
    Jamilah Nasheed 573-751-4415
    Scott Sifton 573-751-0220
    Gina Walsh 573-751-2420
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

Or better yet - put posters around and keep up a steady campaign against the 2 RINOs until they are out of office.

Make it a career ender. Otherwise, politicians will keep wheeling and dealing instead of standing on principle.

Quote Originally Posted by HP995 View Post
    Or better yet - put posters around and keep up a steady campaign against the 2 RINOs until they are out of office.

Make it a career ender. Otherwise, politicians will keep wheeling and dealing instead of standing on principle.
    I like both ideas. I'm going to make sure that I call every single number on that list next week and I'm going to be in Joplin on the 28th so I think I will make up a poster and take a stack of copies with me to hang on every bulletin board I can find. How about some ideas on how to word it so that it sounds professional? I don't want it to sound like we're just a bunch of pissed off, gun nuts. (We are but, that's besides the point ). I can make it look top drawer, just give me some input on content.

Ok....I wanted to work something up just to get a discussion going. Totally pulled this out of my butt just now so if you hate it, by all means, say you hate it. Just give me some helpful insight as to how to rework it and I'll do the best I can. I'm mad as hell at this SOB and will plaster these all over Joplin / Webb City as I can until he's up for re-election. Give me some feedback!

OCDO-1.pdf
    Last edited by BigBoreBoy; 09-13-2013 at 02:49 AM.

Nix the pistols. Make two versions one with Dempsey's name and district he was the other RINO who voted against HB436 during the override vote. Otherwise, good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoreBoy View Post
    Ok....I wanted to work something up just to get a discussion going. Totally pulled this out of my butt just now so if you hate it, by all means, say you hate it. Just give me some helpful insight as to how to rework it and I'll do the best I can. I'm mad as hell at this SOB and will plaster these all over Joplin / Webb City as I can until he's up for re-election. Give me some feedback!

OCDO-1.pdf
    Love it. Would like to steal it and post over on MO Carry.

Re: Call them and let them know how you feel

Quote Originally Posted by 9026543 View Post
    Love it. Would like to steal it and post over on MO Carry.
    I like it. one that applies to voters state wide instead of just Joplin area would also be cool to have
    Last edited by jimogden; 09-13-2013 at 01:23 PM.

If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

I have written both Mr. Dempsey and Richard, as well as my State Senator P. LeVota.

Marc, I cannot begin to understand the sense of betrayal you must still be feeling. I understand that you, more than most, understand that this is a hardball game. But still, to be stabbed so blatantly in the back by those who supported this bill and then to become so weak knee'd and limp wristed when it was time to stand up and have a "pair" is unfathomable to me. I just wanted to say thank you again for your thousands of hours of hard work on behalf of my family in bringing this bill so close to reality. It WILL become reality. I look forward to working with you this coming year as we all work together to get these two "betrayers of oath and trust" Mr. Dempsey and Mr. Richard out of office as well as getting this bill passed. I know we all can make it happen.

But, truly....thank you Marc for everything!!
    Last edited by randyj; 09-13-2013 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by randyj View Post
    Marc, I cannot begin to understand the sense of betrayal you must still be feeling. I understand that you, more than most, understand that this is a hardball game. But still, to be stabbed so blatantly in the back by those who supported this bill and then to become so weak knee'd and limp wristed when it was time to stand up and have a "pair" is unfathomable to me. I just wanted to say thank you again for your thousands of hours of hard work on behalf of my family in bringing this bill so close to reality. It WILL become reality. I look forward to working with you this coming year as we all work together to get these two "betrayers of oath and trust" Mr. Dempsey and Mr. Richard out of office as well as getting this bill passed. I know we all can make it happen.

But, truly....thank you Marc for everything!!
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Marc I actually tried to call you afterwords but the number I have for you is wrong. In any case, I know you probably feel terrible. I agree with Randyj. Thank you for your hard work, and it won't be in vain.
    "Somebody ever tries to kill you, you try and kill em right back!" - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Angry

I and others are taking a different spin. I wrote a positive letter to Senator Dempsey.

I'm not done yet.....
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!

What positive did you take from his letter that explained his rational for his vote?

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    What positive did you take from his letter that explained his rational for his vote?
    I'm curious about this as well....
    "Somebody ever tries to kill you, you try and kill em right back!" - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

I will not second guess mspgunner's decision or question his motives. Liberty demands that we all choose our own path in addressing this issue. I have made the path that I have chosen known.

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    I will not second guess mspgunner's decision or question his motives. Liberty demands that we all choose our own path in addressing this issue. I have made the path that I have chosen known.
    I didn't really want to say anything....far be it from a new guy like me to question someone that has put in so much time and dedication but, yeah.....I too fail to see how anyone can pull anything positive from these guys actions. I'd like to see the letter as well.

Honestly my gut tells me that these guys need to feel some heat. After all.....when is it ever a bad thing for even the best politicians to feel like their job might be in jeopardy?

I can assure you there will be "heat"from within the majority. Sure I'm mad as hell... What I did was send the honorable (Official term only) Mr. Dempsey a few ideas for change in HB436. Of course some are about open carry as well. I know there are more than enough negatives being sent his way. There is no point in that from me, I want the OC law changed!
    I can't get squat by calling him what I really think of his vote. It's called what ever you want to call it, and the words are not good..... But it is what needs to be done so the whole OC part is not dumped from the bill. If OC is excluded we have to try for an amendment to the bill. That's how we got OC into HB436 and it is not always successful.

It's a long time til lJanuary (or December if they pre-file).

Stay tuned, all we can do is try again. I'm not making all the trips to JC I did this year, getting a bit burned out.

The letter is contained within the below thread.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...54#post1983654

OC, thanks for posting that statement from Dempsey. If he's being truthful about his reasons, I could understand him to a point, and I can understand attempting to negotiate with him now.

436 was like a buffet. Great quantity, but maybe not the same quality as if each had been a separate bill. I pointed out flaws in one of the other amendments way back. That part was just carelessly written and carelessly approved without modification. But it would be straightened out one way or another in court, hopefully as intended but anyway settled, so compared to the overall good of the bill, that shouldn't have been a show stopper. Overall, 436 was awesome. Besides, why didn't he move to correct anything earlier if he's the big correction dude?

But the police lobby really shines out in his letter. They are complaining because maybe they could held just a little tiny bit accountable for a change? Yep, that's unacceptable for them.

And after the duck blind intro story, and rehashing any criticism of the bill that anyone ever made, it just looks too much like propaganda, rather than straight honest reasons. I don't buy it as the whole truth. I bet 436 had fewer flaws than most of the legislation he passed during the session. I wonder what is his real agenda.

Anyway, all of the eggs were in one basket. I hope that basket gets picked up again, but I also hope we learn to support multiple efforts and work on multiple fronts, with less antagonism, if we want to succeed.