• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Call them and let them know how you feel

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
These are the jokers who killed 436

rep:
Tom Dempsey 573-751-1141
Ron Richard 573-751-2173

Dem:
Maria Chappelle-Nadal 573-751-4106
S.Kiki Curls 573-751-3158
Jason Holsman 573-751-6607
Jolie Justus 573-751-2788
Joseph Keaveny 573-751-3599
Paul LeVota 573-751-3074
Ryan McKenna 573-751-1492
Jamilah Nasheed 573-751-4415
Scott Sifton 573-751-0220
Gina Walsh 573-751-2420

HP995

Or better yet - put posters around and keep up a steady campaign against the 2 RINOs until they are out of office.

Make it a career ender. Otherwise, politicians will keep wheeling and dealing instead of standing on principle.

BigBoreBoy

Or better yet - put posters around and keep up a steady campaign against the 2 RINOs until they are out of office.

Make it a career ender. Otherwise, politicians will keep wheeling and dealing instead of standing on principle.

I like both ideas. I'm going to make sure that I call every single number on that list next week and I'm going to be in Joplin on the 28th so I think I will make up a poster and take a stack of copies with me to hang on every bulletin board I can find. How about some ideas on how to word it so that it sounds professional? I don't want it to sound like we're just a bunch of pissed off, gun nuts. (We are but, that's besides the point :)). I can make it look top drawer, just give me some input on content.

BigBoreBoy

Ok....I wanted to work something up just to get a discussion going. Totally pulled this out of my butt just now so if you hate it, by all means, say you hate it. Just give me some helpful insight as to how to rework it and I'll do the best I can. I'm mad as hell at this SOB and will plaster these all over Joplin / Webb City as I can until he's up for re-election. Give me some feedback!

View attachment OCDO-1.pdf

Last edited:

OC for ME

Nix the pistols. Make two versions one with Dempsey's name and district he was the other RINO who voted against HB436 during the override vote. Otherwise, good stuff.

Ok....I wanted to work something up just to get a discussion going. Totally pulled this out of my butt just now so if you hate it, by all means, say you hate it. Just give me some helpful insight as to how to rework it and I'll do the best I can. I'm mad as hell at this SOB and will plaster these all over Joplin / Webb City as I can until he's up for re-election. Give me some feedback!

View attachment 10795

Love it. Would like to steal it and post over on MO Carry.

randyj

I have written both Mr. Dempsey and Richard, as well as my State Senator P. LeVota.

Marc, I cannot begin to understand the sense of betrayal you must still be feeling. I understand that you, more than most, understand that this is a hardball game. But still, to be stabbed so blatantly in the back by those who supported this bill and then to become so weak knee'd and limp wristed when it was time to stand up and have a "pair" is unfathomable to me. I just wanted to say thank you again for your thousands of hours of hard work on behalf of my family in bringing this bill so close to reality. It WILL become reality. I look forward to working with you this coming year as we all work together to get these two "betrayers of oath and trust" Mr. Dempsey and Mr. Richard out of office as well as getting this bill passed. I know we all can make it happen.

But, truly....thank you Marc for everything!!

Last edited:

Oramac

Marc, I cannot begin to understand the sense of betrayal you must still be feeling. I understand that you, more than most, understand that this is a hardball game. But still, to be stabbed so blatantly in the back by those who supported this bill and then to become so weak knee'd and limp wristed when it was time to stand up and have a "pair" is unfathomable to me. I just wanted to say thank you again for your thousands of hours of hard work on behalf of my family in bringing this bill so close to reality. It WILL become reality. I look forward to working with you this coming year as we all work together to get these two "betrayers of oath and trust" Mr. Dempsey and Mr. Richard out of office as well as getting this bill passed. I know we all can make it happen.

But, truly....thank you Marc for everything!!

Couldn't have said it better myself. Marc I actually tried to call you afterwords but the number I have for you is wrong. In any case, I know you probably feel terrible. I agree with Randyj. Thank you for your hard work, and it won't be in vain.

OC for ME

I will not second guess mspgunner's decision or question his motives. Liberty demands that we all choose our own path in addressing this issue. I have made the path that I have chosen known.

BigBoreBoy

I will not second guess mspgunner's decision or question his motives. Liberty demands that we all choose our own path in addressing this issue. I have made the path that I have chosen known.

I didn't really want to say anything....far be it from a new guy like me to question someone that has put in so much time and dedication but, yeah.....I too fail to see how anyone can pull anything positive from these guys actions. I'd like to see the letter as well.

Honestly my gut tells me that these guys need to feel some heat. After all.....when is it ever a bad thing for even the best politicians to feel like their job might be in jeopardy?

mspgunner

I can assure you there will be "heat"from within the majority. Sure I'm mad as hell... What I did was send the honorable (Official term only) Mr. Dempsey a few ideas for change in HB436. Of course some are about open carry as well. I know there are more than enough negatives being sent his way. There is no point in that from me, I want the OC law changed!
I can't get squat by calling him what I really think of his vote. It's called what ever you want to call it, and the words are not good..... But it is what needs to be done so the whole OC part is not dumped from the bill. If OC is excluded we have to try for an amendment to the bill. That's how we got OC into HB436 and it is not always successful.

It's a long time til lJanuary (or December if they pre-file).

Stay tuned, all we can do is try again. I'm not making all the trips to JC I did this year, getting a bit burned out.

HP995

OC, thanks for posting that statement from Dempsey. If he's being truthful about his reasons, I could understand him to a point, and I can understand attempting to negotiate with him now.

436 was like a buffet. Great quantity, but maybe not the same quality as if each had been a separate bill. I pointed out flaws in one of the other amendments way back. That part was just carelessly written and carelessly approved without modification. But it would be straightened out one way or another in court, hopefully as intended but anyway settled, so compared to the overall good of the bill, that shouldn't have been a show stopper. Overall, 436 was awesome. Besides, why didn't he move to correct anything earlier if he's the big correction dude?

But the police lobby really shines out in his letter. They are complaining because maybe they could held just a little tiny bit accountable for a change? Yep, that's unacceptable for them.

And after the duck blind intro story, and rehashing any criticism of the bill that anyone ever made, it just looks too much like propaganda, rather than straight honest reasons. I don't buy it as the whole truth. I bet 436 had fewer flaws than most of the legislation he passed during the session. I wonder what is his real agenda.

Anyway, all of the eggs were in one basket. I hope that basket gets picked up again, but I also hope we learn to support multiple efforts and work on multiple fronts, with less antagonism, if we want to succeed.