Thread: A & E: Panic 911

A & E: Panic 911

So this new show on A&E reenacts actual 911 calls with real life commentary from family/friends and victims involved. If we ever needed overwhelming evidence to show why we have, need and deserve a R2KBA, this is it. Time and time again, cops get there TOO DAMN LATE! Some episodes even depict successful self defense use of firearms. Check it out... what do you think (for those of you who have seen it)?

Banned
    You joining "They're too Damn Later" party?

Does the show focus on the bravery, integrity and excellent police work that "solves" the crime, or does it focus on what the victims go through while waiting for the cops?

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Both it seems. Don't count on the lawful use of firearms to be prominent in any episode. Of course the the cops will be prominent.

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Both it seems. Don't count on the lawful use of firearms to be prominent in any episode. Of course the the cops will be prominent.
    http://www.aetv.com/panic-9-1-1/about/

on the contrary

There were 2 stories last night.. one a teenager shot an intruder through a closet door just before he opened it, another where an older man shot an intruder 5 times (body mass as he put it) with a .22. Also 1 story of an officer involved shooting.

Skid - it focuses just about equally however most of the stories center around the actual call itself, with commentary. What is really interesting is the number of victims who call 911 before an actual attack begins but cops get there, never before the attack initiates and never before the damage is inflicted.

Being in Law Enforcement, I've never not been in the "too late" group... The show just solidifies what I say to people.. Especially when you see what happens as the clock ticks away.

AFC i am assuming you used the double negative on purpose. if that is true i appreciate your honesty.

i have not watched the show. it seemed to be an voyeuristic way to listen to 911 calls just to get a thrill

reminded me of another show i hate , "cops"
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by papa bear View Post

reminded me of another show i hate , "cops"
    A funny story about when COPS came to Hanover.

While Hines has cleaned the department up considerably, a lot of the trash left from Bradly and Cook is still there.

When Cops started filming they were riding with a Lt. who is part of the old garbage. This fellow wouldn't pull his own mother out of the river unless there was something in it for him other than a mothers love.

There was a call that a child was missing in the area they were in. Lt Toad spotted a farm pond and shouted, he may have fallen in there, slid sideways up to it, jumped out, kicked off his shoes (Exposing his cloven hoof's I assume) pulled his gun belt off and dove in.

He splashed around for 15 minutes or so then proclaimed it clean.

I don't think they ever aired that,

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    A funny story about when COPS came to Hanover.

While Hines has cleaned the department up considerably, a lot of the trash left from Bradly and Cook is still there.

When Cops started filming they were riding with a Lt. who is part of the old garbage. This fellow wouldn't pull his own mother out of the river unless there was something in it for him other than a mothers love.

There was a call that a child was missing in the area they were in. Lt Toad spotted a farm pond and shouted, he may have fallen in there, slid sideways up to it, jumped out, kicked off his shoes (Exposing his cloven hoof's I assume) pulled his gun belt off and dove in.

He splashed around for 15 minutes or so then proclaimed it clean.

I don't think they ever aired that,
    I heard that he forgot to get out of the car first

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    I heard that he forgot to get out of the car first

That was Henrico. He thought R meant....Real Fast.