• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A & E: Panic 911

AFCop

So this new show on A&E reenacts actual 911 calls with real life commentary from family/friends and victims involved. If we ever needed overwhelming evidence to show why we have, need and deserve a R2KBA, this is it. Time and time again, cops get there TOO DAMN LATE! Some episodes even depict successful self defense use of firearms. Check it out... what do you think (for those of you who have seen it)?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Does the show focus on the bravery, integrity and excellent police work that "solves" the crime, or does it focus on what the victims go through while waiting for the cops?

stay safe.

AFCop

on the contrary

There were 2 stories last night.. one a teenager shot an intruder through a closet door just before he opened it, another where an older man shot an intruder 5 times (body mass as he put it) with a .22. Also 1 story of an officer involved shooting.

Skid - it focuses just about equally however most of the stories center around the actual call itself, with commentary. What is really interesting is the number of victims who call 911 before an actual attack begins but cops get there, never before the attack initiates and never before the damage is inflicted.

Being in Law Enforcement, I've never not been in the "too late" group... The show just solidifies what I say to people.. Especially when you see what happens as the clock ticks away.

papa bear

AFC i am assuming you used the double negative on purpose. if that is true i appreciate your honesty.

i have not watched the show. it seemed to be an voyeuristic way to listen to 911 calls just to get a thrill

reminded me of another show i hate , "cops"

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
reminded me of another show i hate , "cops"

A funny story about when COPS came to Hanover.

While Hines has cleaned the department up considerably, a lot of the trash left from Bradly and Cook is still there.

When Cops started filming they were riding with a Lt. who is part of the old garbage. This fellow wouldn't pull his own mother out of the river unless there was something in it for him other than a mothers love.

There was a call that a child was missing in the area they were in. Lt Toad spotted a farm pond and shouted, he may have fallen in there, slid sideways up to it, jumped out, kicked off his shoes (Exposing his cloven hoof's I assume) pulled his gun belt off and dove in.

He splashed around for 15 minutes or so then proclaimed it clean.:lol::lol:

I don't think they ever aired that,:banana::banana:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
A funny story about when COPS came to Hanover.

While Hines has cleaned the department up considerably, a lot of the trash left from Bradly and Cook is still there.

When Cops started filming they were riding with a Lt. who is part of the old garbage. This fellow wouldn't pull his own mother out of the river unless there was something in it for him other than a mothers love.

There was a call that a child was missing in the area they were in. Lt Toad spotted a farm pond and shouted, he may have fallen in there, slid sideways up to it, jumped out, kicked off his shoes (Exposing his cloven hoof's I assume) pulled his gun belt off and dove in.

He splashed around for 15 minutes or so then proclaimed it clean.:lol::lol:

I don't think they ever aired that,:banana::banana:

I heard that he forgot to get out of the car first :uhoh: