• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Texas Open Carry activist arrested today

We-the-People

Terry Holcomb Sr.
Arrested and bailed. Pre-trial postponed and no charges filed. Have not returned the BP revolver.

Gary Hays (confined to wheelchair)
Jailed for 24 hours with no charges and released. Have not returned the BP revolver.

Scott Liberty
Arrested and freed later. Not sure if there are charges, but I don't think so. They gave his AR-15 and CC gun back but not the BP revolver.

That's about all the detail I can get right now.

So they kept the NON FIREARM BR pistols which are obviously not evidence of any crime, have not filed charges, took bail from Holcomb who was never charged....so what did he bail out for?.......and are hoping that three activists will simply go away? Is that about it?

TYRANNY is what that is.

independence

So they kept the NON FIREARM BR pistols which are obviously not evidence of any crime,

Yup.

have not filed charges,

Yup.

took bail from Holcomb who was never charged

Actually some awesome politician -- I think Land Commissioner Jerry Patterson -- was able to get him out on some sort of reputation bail. In other words, some sort of bail situation where a politician vouches for you. I had never heard of that until now but that's what happened!

....so what did he bail out for?

Excellent point, lol.

.......and are hoping that three activists will simply go away? Is that about it?

TYRANNY is what that is.

Yeah, I think that about sums it up. I think the police are hoping the whole thing will die down. But Terry and his group are NOT going to back down. In fact, they are VERY fired up: https://www.facebook.com/groups/TexasOpenCarry/

onus

im glad this happened in texas where they love to talk about how much freedom and liberty they have and how they dislike the government so much.

the police state covers ALL of America and it looks pretty strong in texas.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
From my limited knowledge. it appears that they returned the long guns which are legal to OC in Texas, but not the OCd black powder handguns (I know that BP is not the same) thereby hanging their hat on no visible OC of handguns. Not pursuing charges would seem to be tantamount to admitting they screwed up and they don't expect people to spend more money to get the return of property that can be replaced cheaper than the cost of the action.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
From my limited knowledge. it appears that they returned the long guns which are legal to OC in Texas, but not the OCd black powder handguns (I know that BP is not the same) thereby hanging their hat on no visible OC of handguns. Not pursuing charges would seem to be tantamount to admitting they screwed up and they don't expect people to spend more money to get the return of property that can be replaced cheaper than the cost of the action.

It sounds like a LOT of people need to start carrying BP pistols. We should take immediate advantage of the precedent of no charges that can be filed, forcing them to stop detainments. I thought I would never say this in my life, but I wish I lived in Texas right now.

stealthyeliminator

It sounds like a LOT of people need to start carrying BP pistols. We should take immediate advantage of the precedent of no charges that can be filed, forcing them to stop detainments. I thought I would never say this in my life, but I wish I lived in Texas right now.

I agree. And I'm in a position to actually do it. The question is will I make the sacrifices, and will I have the courage to do it alone :eek:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I agree. And I'm in a position to actually do it. The question is will I make the sacrifices, and will I have the courage to do it alone :eek:

Does it depend much on where in Texas you are?

I'm assuming Austin is the worst, followed closely by San Antonio, just based on my friend that lives near San Antonio and my semiannual visits to the state.

rushcreek2

This is the narrative of Texas law enforcement officials who either exhibited ignorance of the law that they swore to enforce, or engaged in the deliberate suppression of lawful conduct in order to intimidate any other citizens who might also be inclined to engage in such lawful conduct on a mass scale.

Texas LAWS can sometimes be "inconvenient", annoying, and even a little bit embarrassing - especially when you have sworn a solemn oath to uphold it- which logically infers a duty to be familiar with it - and respect it.

The hard truth confronting these law enforcement officials is that they find themselves on the WRONG side of Texas law on this one. Occasionally we all fail to read & heed one of those posted " NO OUTLET" street signs, and find ourselves stuck at the end of a narrow dead-end street. We may not like the fact that there is no way out of such a predicament other than to put it in reverse, and back out the same way we came in.......and perhaps APOLOGIZE to our passengers while making a mental note to read & heed posted signage in the future.

Last edited:

independence

Sound about right. I think it's one of those things where the police think it is "bad" to OC a BP pistol and so they are going to do everything they can to harass you. However, they know they can't press charges because it's simply not illegal. They are using whatever means they feel is available to them in order to put a stop to it. Of course, as we all know, this wrong. Trashing the 2nd Amendment and the rights of the people just because you don't like their method of carrying a holstered BP revolver is just wrong. Period. Oppression, plain and simple.

independence

stealthyeliminator,

I suggest that you get involved with this group. They have actually done some successful mass carry of BP revolvers with no arrests, if I remember correctly.

I have multiple friends involved in this group and would be glad to put you in touch with them. I watched 2 of their videos where they were in plain sight of LEO's who saw them and did not arrest them. It seems the main problem is with the capitol police.

HPmatt

Does it depend much on where in Texas you are?
Dallas, Houston, Austin, San Antonio and El Paso - the largest towns in Texas, have been overrun by Democrats. The conservatives have moved to suburbs for good public schools. As such the politicians and judges are all liberals. Giving voting rights to illegals would probably tip the scales for the entire state of Texas to Democrats.

JoeSparky

Centurion
So, basically, these good folks have been arrested, positively identified, and released from custody with their property seized as potential evidence of a crime YET TO BE CHARGED.

How long per Texas Statute are these PATRIOTS potentially being made to endure before actual charges are filed or failing charges being filed, for the state to actually RETURN the property that has essentially been STOLEN from them?

stealthyeliminator

stealthyeliminator,

I suggest that you get involved with this group. They have actually done some successful mass carry of BP revolvers with no arrests, if I remember correctly.

I have multiple friends involved in this group and would be glad to put you in touch with them. I watched 2 of their videos where they were in plain sight of LEO's who saw them and did not arrest them. It seems the main problem is with the capitol police.

Is the group "Texas Open Carry" or "Open Carry Texas"? I can find quite a bit about Open Carry Texas, even a website, but can't find anything more than a facebook group called Texas Open Carry.. Are there two different groups?

independence

Is the group "Texas Open Carry" or "Open Carry Texas"? I can find quite a bit about Open Carry Texas, even a website, but can't find anything more than a facebook group called Texas Open Carry.. Are there two different groups?

Sorry I forgot...The group Texas Open Carry recently was renamed to Texas Carry, in order to avoid confusion with Open Carry Texas. Their Facebook page is: https://www.facebook.com/groups/TexasCarry/

They do not have a website, but are affiliated with Texas Firearms Freedom which does:

http://www.texasfirearmsfreedom.com/
https://www.facebook.com/TexasFirearmsFreedom