• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

... Here We Go... Repesentative Richards Is At It Again.

Law abider

I received an E mail from Rep Richards. Those in his district, please do attend his 'How to get rid of your gun' forums.
Follow Me
Facebook: facebook.com/RepJonRichards
Twitter:mad:RepRichards

Our community has experienced a deadly summer with an unexpected increase in gun violence. We have seen far too many senseless deaths and injuries. Various ideas have been suggested by law enforcement and elected officials on how to counter this gun violence trend. While I am pursuing some of these ideas in the legislative process, it is important to hear from residents across Milwaukee.

We need a thoughtful and measured approach to reverse this lethal trend, therefore, along with several of my colleagues, I will be hosting a Community Forum to discuss gun violence. We want to hear your thoughts and suggestions on steps our city and state should take to reduce gun violence.

COMMUNITY FORUM ON GUN VIOLENCE
With Milwaukee-area state lawmakers
Tuesday, September 17th
5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Wisconsin Black Historical Society
2620 W. Center Street, Milwaukee

I am hoping you will be able to stop by and share your insights and participate in a discussion with other community members on this important issue.

If you are not able to join us next week, please feel free to contact me with your ideas on what the state can to stop the gun violence.

Sincerely,

JON RICHARDS
State Representative
Assembly District 19

Law abider

Now that 12 people have died at a MILITARY installation, I am sure Rep Richards will be on steroids on gun control. I know he will not be open to any facts/truth/stats etc... but he must be shown how many people die by other means and that homicides by a gun are low. One could even include accidental deaths, suicides in the mix.