Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OC'ers harassed in Marshfield!

OC'ers harassed in Marshfield!

This really makes me angry. We need to be contacting the city of Marshfield and let them know how we feel.
    I would have a 200x15 userbar here, but images are sadly not allowed in signatures.

I would not be surprised to see OC completely banned in MO next year.

Dumb asses just out causing trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by larueman View Post

Dumb asses? How? By being law abiding? Looks to me like they stopped to get some eats not to cause trouble, The trouble came in the form of a man in a blue costume asking for papers. he is the trouble not the law abiding citizen.

Dumb ass?

Pray tell who are you referring to?

Are you kidding me, you think the people legally carry a weapon are the Dumb Asses? That cop was the dumb ass and violated so many rights of those people the city will be lucky if they can keep the damages to under six figures. And I can't believe someone that is a member of open carry forum would think the people with guns are at fault here. I thought open carriers like myself had a lot of knowledge to spread about it, but your comment puts a whole new light on the subject.

Why are you even on here larueman if you think these kids did ANYTHING wrong?!?! You're trolling...get lost!

Well we all know that, generally speaking, Walmart is ok w/ OC...so who called the fuzz w/ the attitude? Subway? Citizen? Does anybody know the OC status of Marshfield? (No OC? OC w/ CCW? WTF?) I would like to find out and then promptly organize a little OC shopping trip to that exact same store.

He had no right to ask for their ID unless OC is banned and/or CCW is required and he damn sure had no right to ask for it with a ***** attitude! This gets my blood boiling. Glad the OCer's handled it so well.

Am I under arrest? Am I being detained? Am I free to go?
    There are endless posts.... Don't talk to the police, NO I.D. Required, this is America!
    They came from across the border in OK, a free State!
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

Part 2

Obviously there are some serious issues with this particular LEO stop but, I feel a lot better after seeing this second video which shows the Chief of Police Doug Fannen calming things down.

They should not have been asked for ID, they should not have been asked to leave the store (since clearly the store didn't ask them to do so), they should not have been hustled into a corner so as not to scare the sheeple (which happened anyway), and they should not have been verbally abused by Officer Tampon! At least the Chief sounds like he has his head on straight and that OC is ok in Marshfield:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGAN8k7YpP8

Ok, the chief cop does assert that JUST having a gun can lead to a disturbance charge and citation (which I think is BS) but, that happens a lot of places. Doesn't make it right....just saying.

OC'ers harassed in Marshfield!

Ya see the forum is called open carry I think your in the wrong place... Nazi comi dot com is where you wanna be good person

-Matt of Hillsboro OR-

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBoreBoy View Post
    Ok, the chief cop does assert that JUST having a gun can lead to a disturbance charge and citation (which I think is BS) but, that happens a lot of places. Doesn't make it right....just saying.

+1

the other cop when asked if a crime has been committed "I don't know" .. that's when you say "when you figure it out, give me a call - I'm free to go ? Any questions you have please ask them in court"
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 09-14-2013 at 08:45 PM.

I will be going to Marshall opening carrying. If the same thing happens to me as happened with the first ******* cop, he will be greeted with a whole different scenario than he faced with these kids. His boss and him are typical cops that are anti-open carry. They need to get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by logunowner View Post
    I will be going to Marshall opening carrying. If the same thing happens to me as happened with the first ******* cop, he will be greeted with a whole different scenario than he faced with these kids. His boss and him are typical cops that are anti-open carry. They need to get over it.
    Be safe, that first cop is really sketchy. I wonder if he knows that he's on http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...us-you-papers/ homepage tonight and lots of other places lookin' like a total ****** bag?

Marshfield is just 30 min away from me so, I will be doing a little shopping trip myself at some point.

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegassteve View Post
    Dumb asses? How? By being law abiding? Looks to me like they stopped to get some eats not to cause trouble, The trouble came in the form of a man in a blue costume asking for papers. he is the trouble not the law abiding citizen.
    And the blue costume wearing Opinion Enforcement Officer admitted more than once that he didn't know if a crime had been committed or not and that was what he was their to determine.

So, admitted NO RAS of crime, so NO justification for a terry stop/id demand ect. And just where does he get off demanding ID from EVERYONE in the party weather in the store or NOT. He also NEVER stated that WALMART complained ONLY that he gotten a call so he had to investigate. The Chief was better but still no CONSTITUTIONAL SUPPORTER! I see SIGNIFICANT justification per the video to file the federal suit seeking damages!

Oh, YES! I did watch the video!
    Last edited by JoeSparky; 09-15-2013 at 12:55 AM.
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Centurion
    Just be careful as the first OEO's (opinion enforcement officer) behavior was his GOOD behavior as he KNEW he was being recorded and by MULTIPLE different cameras. What would his behavior have been like if only one camera that he may have seized and disabled/deleted files (no evidience that he did or want too, just speculating here)?
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
    Wonder what officer friendly would have done if the response to his demand was "I don't want to answer any questions". "Am I being detained or am I free to go?"

Would he have admitted that it wasn't a consensual encounter, and they were in fact detained? What if they had told him they didn't want to leave the store, and if he removes them to another location, then they will assume they are under arrest?

When police ask questions that would be none of anyone's business if they weren't wearing a blue costume, it's very difficult not to tell them it's none of their business. So I generally default to "I won't be answering that question, officer. Am I free to go now?"

Marshfield PD Non emergency number: (417) 859-5325

Not finding a facebook page for the City of Marshfield. Maybe others will have better search skillz.

One of the women in this video is a member of OKOCA. The man attended our rally at the State Capitol back in January.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    And the blue costume wearing Opinion Enforcement Officer admitted more than once that he didn't know if a crime had been committed or not and that was what he was their to determine.

So, admitted NO RAS of crime, so NO justification for a terry stop/id demand ect. And just where does he get off demanding ID from EVERYONE in the party weather in the store or NOT. He also NEVER stated that WALMART complained ONLY that he gotten a call so he had to investigate. The Chief was better but still no CONSTITUTIONAL SUPPORTER! I see SIGNIFICANT justification per the video to file the federal suit seeking damages!

Oh, YES! I did watch the video!
    Correct and this is where I would have said "am I free to go" and if answered "no" then I would have said "if you do not let me go, I am going to arrest YOU for kidnapping, along with all your friends pointing guns at me".

And I have done this ... and cops just get a blank expression for a second..hamsters roll around in their brain and they figure out that they are indeed kidnapping you at that point...now the conversation turns around and they are the ones being investigated. They have always said..you can go, and go right now, don't come back etc.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Correct and this is where I would have said "am I free to go" and if answered "no" then I would have said "if you do not let me go, I am going to arrest YOU for kidnapping, along with all your friends pointing guns at me".

And I have done this ... and cops just get a blank expression for a second..hamsters roll around in their brain and they figure out that they are indeed kidnapping you at that point...now the conversation turns around and they are the ones being investigated. They have always said..you can go, and go right now, don't come back etc.
    In MO, a citizen is under arrest when physically restrained or submits to the officer's authority. Also, you may not resist an arrest even if it is a unlawful arrest. In MO the wronged citizen must use a civil proceeding to gain a redress of wrongs.

Go ahead and come on down to MO and give your tactic a try.

Lightbulb

I was happy to see them OCing but disgusted by the attitude of the NAZI cop. It would have been nice to see one of the youngsters stand up for the rights and demand the cop give RAS or PC OF WHICH THERE WAS NONE. Even worse was grabbing the ID of the boy who was only a companion, unarmed. I almost thought he would do the right thing and refuse compliance with the tyrannical cop.
    Walmart didn't say leave the cop officially repressed and detained without cause.

WATCH: Cops Harass Girls Legally Carrying Guns In Walmart
    http://patdollard.com/2013/09/watch-...ns-in-walmart/
    When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

excerpt By Marko Kloos (http://munchkinwrangler.wordpress.com/?s=major+caudill)

I look forward to seeing the videos of your encounters.
    When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

excerpt By Marko Kloos (http://munchkinwrangler.wordpress.com/?s=major+caudill)

As one of the two girls who were open carrying in this incident in Marshfield, I will be the first to admit that there are some things we wish we would've done differently. After open carrying for awhile now and never getting stopped, this was the last thing I expected to happen.

I think it would be great for more OC'ers to go to that WalMart and open carry. They need to get educated.

Police Cheif's Response

I just spent 16 minutes on the phone with Police Chief Doug Fannen of Marshfield, Mo. about my concerns about how this incident was handled. First I have never talked to this guy til today. I found him to be very sincere and totally behind the 2nd amendment.

What happened at Walmart that day had underlying circumstances. A call came in that seven individuals had got out of two vehicles armed and then hudled in the parking lot for a while then entered the building. Another person phoned in and said a women with a gun was chasing two other people.
    Of course, there are more details but the bottom line, I beleive the police had cause to suspect they needed to get to the bottom of the matter.

I asked the Chief if the demeanor of his officer was warranted and he told me of course it did seem a little over the top, but people need to know that the background of why he was there.

I beleive him and I think maybe this was a set up, trying to get a response from law enforcement. I hope I am wrong as that sort of thing will only hurt our pursuit to educate the masses.

Welcome to OCDO QFish and sorry it had to be under these circumstances.

The call needs to be pursued for the false and hyperbolic content of the call. The call might be subject to an FOIA demand, if only for the entertainment value.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

"...did seem a little over the top, but..."

Code for "nothing to see here move along folks...move along."

So, what are the identities of the "callers"? Those seem to be some serious allegations.
    What facts were in evidence the lead those cops to the citizens detained as being the subject called in?
    What, if any, facts did the cops have other than a pistol on a hip?
    Is a pistol on a hip the same as the acts described by the caller(s).

That chiefs needs a raking over the coals so as to train his cops to use their brains and not their brawn. Also to train himself that OCers are easy targets for prank calls and that a LAC could have been killed by a overzealous cop.

Note to self....drive right on past Marshfield.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast