• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC'ers harassed in Marshfield!

Boba Fett

[video=youtube;CVHrpScqHsg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVHrpScqHsg[/video]

This really makes me angry. We need to be contacting the city of Marshfield and let them know how we feel.

larueman

I would not be surprised to see OC completely banned in MO next year.

Dumb asses just out causing trouble.

Vegassteve

Dumb asses? How? By being law abiding? Looks to me like they stopped to get some eats not to cause trouble, The trouble came in the form of a man in a blue costume asking for papers. he is the trouble not the law abiding citizen.

logunowner

Are you kidding me, you think the people legally carry a weapon are the Dumb Asses? That cop was the dumb ass and violated so many rights of those people the city will be lucky if they can keep the damages to under six figures. And I can't believe someone that is a member of open carry forum would think the people with guns are at fault here. I thought open carriers like myself had a lot of knowledge to spread about it, but your comment puts a whole new light on the subject.

BigBoreBoy

Why are you even on here larueman if you think these kids did ANYTHING wrong?!?! You're trolling...get lost!

Well we all know that, generally speaking, Walmart is ok w/ OC...so who called the fuzz w/ the attitude? Subway? Citizen? Does anybody know the OC status of Marshfield? (No OC? OC w/ CCW? WTF?) I would like to find out and then promptly organize a little OC shopping trip to that exact same store.

He had no right to ask for their ID unless OC is banned and/or CCW is required and he damn sure had no right to ask for it with a ***** attitude! This gets my blood boiling. Glad the OCer's handled it so well.

mspgunner

Am I under arrest? Am I being detained? Am I free to go?
There are endless posts.... Don't talk to the police, NO I.D. Required, this is America!
They came from across the border in OK, a free State!

BigBoreBoy

Part 2

Obviously there are some serious issues with this particular LEO stop but, I feel a lot better after seeing this second video which shows the Chief of Police Doug Fannen calming things down.

They should not have been asked for ID, they should not have been asked to leave the store (since clearly the store didn't ask them to do so), they should not have been hustled into a corner so as not to scare the sheeple (which happened anyway), and they should not have been verbally abused by Officer Tampon! At least the Chief sounds like he has his head on straight and that OC is ok in Marshfield:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGAN8k7YpP8

Ok, the chief cop does assert that JUST having a gun can lead to a disturbance charge and citation (which I think is BS) but, that happens a lot of places. Doesn't make it right....just saying.

Mattimusmaximus

Ya see the forum is called open carry I think your in the wrong place... Nazi comi dot com is where you wanna be good person

-Matt of Hillsboro OR-

davidmcbeth

Banned
Ok, the chief cop does assert that JUST having a gun can lead to a disturbance charge and citation (which I think is BS) but, that happens a lot of places. Doesn't make it right....just saying.

+1

the other cop when asked if a crime has been committed "I don't know" .. that's when you say "when you figure it out, give me a call - I'm free to go ? Any questions you have please ask them in court"

Last edited:

logunowner

I will be going to Marshall opening carrying. If the same thing happens to me as happened with the first jackass cop, he will be greeted with a whole different scenario than he faced with these kids. His boss and him are typical cops that are anti-open carry. They need to get over it.

BigBoreBoy

I will be going to Marshall opening carrying. If the same thing happens to me as happened with the first jackass cop, he will be greeted with a whole different scenario than he faced with these kids. His boss and him are typical cops that are anti-open carry. They need to get over it.

Be safe, that first cop is really sketchy. I wonder if he knows that he's on http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...p-to-open-carry-advocates-show-us-you-papers/ homepage tonight and lots of other places lookin' like a total ****** bag?

Marshfield is just 30 min away from me so, I will be doing a little shopping trip myself at some point.

JoeSparky

Centurion
Dumb asses? How? By being law abiding? Looks to me like they stopped to get some eats not to cause trouble, The trouble came in the form of a man in a blue costume asking for papers. he is the trouble not the law abiding citizen.

And the blue costume wearing Opinion Enforcement Officer admitted more than once that he didn't know if a crime had been committed or not and that was what he was their to determine.

So, admitted NO RAS of crime, so NO justification for a terry stop/id demand ect. And just where does he get off demanding ID from EVERYONE in the party weather in the store or NOT. He also NEVER stated that WALMART complained ONLY that he gotten a call so he had to investigate. The Chief was better but still no CONSTITUTIONAL SUPPORTER! I see SIGNIFICANT justification per the video to file the federal suit seeking damages!

Oh, YES! I did watch the video!

Last edited:

JoeSparky

Centurion

Just be careful as the first OEO's (opinion enforcement officer) behavior was his GOOD behavior as he KNEW he was being recorded and by MULTIPLE different cameras. What would his behavior have been like if only one camera that he may have seized and disabled/deleted files (no evidience that he did or want too, just speculating here)?:shocker:

okiebryan

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
Wonder what officer friendly would have done if the response to his demand was "I don't want to answer any questions". "Am I being detained or am I free to go?"

Would he have admitted that it wasn't a consensual encounter, and they were in fact detained? What if they had told him they didn't want to leave the store, and if he removes them to another location, then they will assume they are under arrest?

When police ask questions that would be none of anyone's business if they weren't wearing a blue costume, it's very difficult not to tell them it's none of their business. So I generally default to "I won't be answering that question, officer. Am I free to go now?"

davidmcbeth

Banned
And the blue costume wearing Opinion Enforcement Officer admitted more than once that he didn't know if a crime had been committed or not and that was what he was their to determine.

So, admitted NO RAS of crime, so NO justification for a terry stop/id demand ect. And just where does he get off demanding ID from EVERYONE in the party weather in the store or NOT. He also NEVER stated that WALMART complained ONLY that he gotten a call so he had to investigate. The Chief was better but still no CONSTITUTIONAL SUPPORTER! I see SIGNIFICANT justification per the video to file the federal suit seeking damages!

Oh, YES! I did watch the video!

Correct and this is where I would have said "am I free to go" and if answered "no" then I would have said "if you do not let me go, I am going to arrest YOU for kidnapping, along with all your friends pointing guns at me".

And I have done this ... and cops just get a blank expression for a second..hamsters roll around in their brain and they figure out that they are indeed kidnapping you at that point...now the conversation turns around and they are the ones being investigated. They have always said..you can go, and go right now, don't come back etc.

OC for ME

Correct and this is where I would have said "am I free to go" and if answered "no" then I would have said "if you do not let me go, I am going to arrest YOU for kidnapping, along with all your friends pointing guns at me".

And I have done this ... and cops just get a blank expression for a second..hamsters roll around in their brain and they figure out that they are indeed kidnapping you at that point...now the conversation turns around and they are the ones being investigated. They have always said..you can go, and go right now, don't come back etc.
In MO, a citizen is under arrest when physically restrained or submits to the officer's authority. Also, you may not resist an arrest even if it is a unlawful arrest. In MO the wronged citizen must use a civil proceeding to gain a redress of wrongs.

Go ahead and come on down to MO and give your tactic a try.

nuc65

Activist Member
I was happy to see them OCing but disgusted by the attitude of the NAZI cop. It would have been nice to see one of the youngsters stand up for the rights and demand the cop give RAS or PC OF WHICH THERE WAS NONE. Even worse was grabbing the ID of the boy who was only a companion, unarmed. I almost thought he would do the right thing and refuse compliance with the tyrannical cop.
Walmart didn't say leave the cop officially repressed and detained without cause.

WATCH: Cops Harass Girls Legally Carrying Guns In Walmart
http://patdollard.com/2013/09/watch-cops-harasses-girls-legally-carrying-guns-in-walmart/