Thread: CCL Backlog?

CCL Backlog?

Coworker sent his in about three weeks ago. He said he called and they said there was a 30 day backlog. Whoa! My cousin got his earlier this summer and it was a speedy 4 business days, as was mine over a year ago!

Anyone else know why the slowdown? Are there really that many people applying still that they are backlogged - or is there something more devious along political lines going on here...

The have 21 days to complete it...
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Peoples' Republic of Madison, Wisconsin, USA
    Perhaps the demand had subsided so they let go all the temps they hired to help with the initial demand?

But, as Protias stated, they do only get 21 days for the process. Although I don't recall there actually being any penalties for exceeding the 21 days.

175.60(9)(9) Processing of application.
    (a) Upon receiving an application submitted under sub. (7), the department shall conduct a background check.
    (b) Within 21 days after receiving a complete application under sub. (7), the department shall do one of the following:
    1. Issue the license and promptly send the licensee his or her license document by 1st class mail.
    2. Deny the application, but only if sub. (3) (a), (b), (c), (d), (e), (f), or (g) applies to the applicant. If the department denies the application, the department shall inform the applicant in writing, stating the reason and factual basis for the denial.

http://www.doj.state.wi.us/sites/def...nent-rules.pdf Only one mention of the word days predicate to Wisconsin.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Thanks all for the info. I'm going to let him know.

Quote Originally Posted by Brendon .45
    they do only get 21 days for the process. Although I don't recall there actually being any penalties for exceeding the 21 days.
    http://docs.legis.wi.gov/statutes/statutes/175/60/9
    175.60(9)
    (9) Processing of application. (a) Upon receiving an application submitted under sub. (7), the department shall conduct a background check.
    (b) Within 21 days after receiving a complete application under sub. (7), the department shall do one of the following:
    1. Issue the license and promptly send the licensee his or her license document by 1st class mail.
    2. Deny the application, but only if sub. (3) (a), (b), (c), (d), (e), (f), or (g) applies to the applicant. If the department denies the application, the department shall inform the applicant in writing, stating the reason and factual basis for the denial.
    This is the only thing I found which might apply, though it doesn't say anything about the application process, only once an app. has been denied.
    Another bit of law which needs to be changed.

175.60(14m) Appeals to the circuit court.
    http://docs.legis.wi.gov/statutes/statutes/175/60/14m
    (a) An individual aggrieved by any action by the department denying an application for, or suspending or revoking, a license under this section, may appeal directly to the circuit court of the county in which the individual resides...

(g) 1. The court's decision shall provide whatever relief is appropriate regardless of the original form of the petition.
    2. If the court reverses the department's action, the court may order the department to pay the aggrieved individual all court costs and reasonable attorney fees.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.