Thread: Moving to Spokane!

Moving to Spokane!

How is oc'ing in Spokane these days? I probably won't be able to much, I'm starting an IT consulting company and will keep things concealed for the most part. Does anyone know of OC friendly ranges? I think the one near the valley is no OC.

Scott
    Too lazy to do a blog! Follow me on Twitter instead! @6ShotScott

Quote Originally Posted by skeith5 View Post
    How is oc'ing in Spokane these days? I probably won't be able to much, I'm starting an IT consulting company and will keep things concealed for the most part. Does anyone know of OC friendly ranges? I think the one near the valley is no OC.

Scott
    The Pittman / Robertson Act requires the collection of extra taxes on firearms , ammunition, archery etc to be used for the promotion of outdoor sporting activities, ie hunting, fishing, etc. In Wa, the DF&W provides money to shooting ranges to support Hunter education and other activities as well as range improvements. There is also a condition that IF the gun range receiving these funds does not comply with the conditions, they are subject to a payback of TWICE the amount of the grant.
    Would this government involvement place the ranges under preemption, or would it be similar to the Cherry case as the members could be classified as "employees" and the guests, by signing in, agree to the condition of no OC.
    This could be a very heavy hammer against the range.
    Last edited by Trigger Dr; 09-14-2013 at 12:38 PM.

Sharps indoor range is not open carry friendly, staff is arrogant anyway. Headed to the mica range to shoot today, it should be open carry friendly, the ol guy that runs it always open carries when I see him.

Re: Moving to Spokane!

Quote Originally Posted by MattinWA View Post
    Sharps indoor range is not open carry friendly, staff is arrogant anyway. Headed to the mica range to shoot today, it should be open carry friendly, the ol guy that runs it always open carries when I see him.
    Cool, I'll have to check that out. I'd like to find a place with a longer rifle area.

Cool, I'll have to check that out. I'd like to find a place with a longer rifle area.
    Their rifle range is several hundred yards long if I remember correctly.
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

Last time I was at Mica he had a giant metal bear statue at 1000 meters. It's got plenty of room.

Ya mica has a metal cut out of a bear at 500yrds, and a metal gong at 1,000. I went there on saturday and the place was full. It costs 5 dollars per shooter, and there are lots of rules. After about 200 yards the targets are above your elevation, so u will have to comp to shoot uphill.
    Last edited by MattinWA; 09-16-2013 at 10:29 AM.

Ahhh that's what it was.. the bear + the gong.

The rules must be new. I haven't been there in about 5 years, but the owner was out there the entire time and he just let me carry on doin' what I was doin'. What are some of the newer rules he has?

Re: Moving to Spokane!

The website makes it sound like you can't even conceal carry if you are going to shoot the firearm you are carrying.

The website makes it sound like you can't even conceal carry if you are going to shoot the firearm you are carrying.
    At mica? Range master says in s holster is ok, open or concealed, as long as it stays in holster... as for new rules, they all are for sake of saftey I suppose, just kinda pushy. It was so packef I was pelted by brass from AR on my left. I didnt complain cause he let my boy shoot his AR with the eotech holograph. Oh it costs 5 per shooter. I open carried all day, but if your firearm isnt in a holster, its action open, hands off. Even had to stove pipe shell in AK action. Thinking now I dont blame them, could be insurance nightmare.

there is also a current restriction on shooting tracer due to fire danger

the owner has a staff, some guy who is an AR armorer or instructor based on how he was talking to others.
    Last edited by MattinWA; 09-17-2013 at 10:10 AM.