• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pro 2A state rep. to leave office soon.

self preservation

A little off topic, but I read where Bob Damron is running for county judge and will be retiring from his current position as state rep. I know he did a great deal of work on behalf of gun owners in KY. I just hope that whoever gets his position is as pro-2A as he is.

DrakeZ07

Don't worry, I'm sure there's plenty more pro-gun advocates willing to step up to the ballot, to vote for next November.

Last edited:

DrakeZ07

Bob Damron has done more for Ky. gun owners than anyone in history. We would not have CC in Ky. if it were not for his help. He was the sponser of HB 500 last year. He also has a tremendous amount of influence with the other members. Nothing moves in the House without his help. Nothing passes in the House if he opposes it. We all wonder why some bills get a committee hearing and others don't. Why does Ky. have good gun laws? Do you think it just happens by accident? Its because of a few people like Bob Damron. No matter who replaces him they will not have the power or influence that Rep. Damron has. It will be a great loss to all of us. His current term runs thru 2014 and I hope and assume he will finish that term in any case. We all owe Bob Damron a tremendous debt.

Am I the only one that finds it startlingly scary that one person has had so much influence in our legislature, so as to be the deciding factor whether or not a bill, or law, passes the house or not?! I'm sorry, pro-gun or not, but anyone with that much influence needs the boot.

NO ONE who replaces Mr. Damron should EVER hold such 'tremendous' influence over anything involving his political office.

Since when is it acceptable for a few people in our general assembly to hold all the legislative power, in the house, or otherwise? Did I miss a ballot initiative that said it's okay to be a complacent and apathetic Kentuckian, and praise -anyone- who can block or pass legislation on a whim?! Apparently there is a Aristocracy in our legislative branch.

Good riddence Mr. Damron, I just pray the person who takes your spot doesn't become just another corrupt, power-fed, aristocratic buffoon.

OC for ME

Generalized contempt for politicians is not a bad thing. A particularized contempt for a politician that has apparently worked miracles for KY gun owners is nothing more than the rantings of a frustrated citizen. "Good" politicians are very few and very very far between. Has the Honorable Damron "selected" a successor to pick-up the reigns.....so to speak.

DrakeZ07

In that case you better get rid of all of them all, because that's the way the system works. There are a few people that can get things done and without them there would total chaos. Nothing would ever happen. Rep. Damron is far from a buffoon. He has always been a gentleman and a dedicated public servant. As I said in my original post, "he has done more for the gun owners of Ky. than anyone in history". If you don't like the system as it exists, run for office, as Bob Damron has done, and change it. We can then see how may votes you can muster and how many people turn to you for advice and leadership, which is what Rep. Damron furnishes to the House of Representatives. Why you think those things are not useful is beyond me. In my opinion they are in short supply and I don't think we should get rid of those that can provide them. That is what we elect them to do. It is those that can not provide them that should go. Our legislative sessions are short and without people that are willing and able to take charge there would be nothing accomplished. Some states have a full time legislature and they meet all year long. Our General Assembly meets for 30 days one year and 60 days the next. Please, let me know what basis you have for you opinions. Have you ever attended even one session of the General Assembly? Have you ever visited your representative's office? Have you ever attended any meeting of a committee? Have you ever written a letter to your State Senator? Do you even know how an idea becomes a bill, how it is placed before the members, how it is voted on and passed into law. Have you ever even spoken to Representative Damron? Without the leadership supplied by people like Bob Damron nothing would never happen.

No, Gutshot. I've neeeeeeeeeeeever ever been to the General Assembly! I neeeeeeeeeeeeever written my elected officials, nor have I ever visited them, and I never really knew how a bill becomes a law or is thought up, because I'm just another dumbsh-t hick who never asks questions, and does what I'm told, and votes for someone because my party tells me to vote like a good little indoctrinated drone, but don't ask questions, just accept the things that we [THE GOVERNMENT] think you need to know.

/sarcasm.

Anyone who believes that it's a good thing for a handful of people within a body of government, to hold the majority of power, and buys into the "someone needs to take charge" mindset, is not an American, nor a Kentuckian. Americans, and Kentuckians don't buy into the government-fed BS, that we HAVE TO elect people so they can get comfy in their office, and run things the way they want, and do whatever they want, and hoarde votes, and play stubborn little b*tch and decide; "Hey! I hold alot of power in this place! I'm going to use my power to block legislation, and have lobbyists come in and throw money at me to get me to let this bill go on through".

Damron may have done a lot to help past gun-friendly bills, and laws. But that does NOT give him immunity from being put under a magnifying glass, and prodded, and poked at, and scorned.

"Without the leadership supplied by people like Bob Damron nothing would never happen."
"Without the leadership supplied by people like Adolf Hitler, Germany would never have became an inter-war industrial power-house."
"Without the leadership supplied by people like FDR nothing would have been done about those sneaky japanese-americans who MIGHT JUST SABOTAGE OUR FACTORIES!"
"Without the leadership supplied by people like George W. Bush nothing would never been done about all those unquestioned rights the people enjoy, and we might not have the glorious PATRIOT Act."
"Without the leadership supplied by people like Barack Obama nothing would never been done about buying off bankrupt companies and showing them they have nothing to fear, we'll help them!"

Jesus Christ Gutshot, PLEASE tell me you're not so possessed with single-mindedness, that you stick up for someone solely because they helped pass a bill that said what our constitution already says and the people and government should already friggen know by now. The government passes laws to remind itself what it can, and cannot do. Not to help us people. Or atleast thats how things USED TO BE, before everyone got apathetic and suckled off the informational teet of the government.