Thread: Picnic in the Park?

Picnic in the Park?

Anyone about ready for another picnic in the park? The weather should be breaking. Ideas?

TBG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

Re: Picnic in the Park?

Sounds fun just say where and when. I work every other weekend though. But if I have our of you can count on me

Las Vegas city park this time?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegassteve View Post
    Las Vegas city park this time?
    Depends on if we just want a relaxing outing, or do we want to challenge the establishment. Those who have permission slips are covered but the rest of us would be subject to arrest.
    Not that I'm not for doing it in the future, but I have way too much on my plate at the moment to take on another cause right now. I think we need to directly challenge LV on this issue, but we need to plan it out, legal help and all.

I will do some more research on Henderson parks and perhaps we can find one in a better location for LV/NLV folks. There is a new park on Black Mountain that would be nice, just off the 95 close to the 215. Any suggestions?

Judging from what folks said last year, I think we will try it on Sunday this time. People seem to be pretty busy on Saturday. Again, any ideas?

TBG

Quote Originally Posted by vegaspassat View Post
    Sounds fun just say where and when. I work every other weekend though. But if I have our of you can count on me
    Let me know your free Sundays and I will try to work it out.

TBG

What fun is it if we don't challenge the establishment? I am available tomorrow and every other Sunday from there

So the 15, 29, 13, 27 th

Picnic in the Park?

Aliante Discovery Park? There's tons of room and lots of kid-friendly stuff.
    IT is better to have a gun on you and NOT need it, than to need a gun and NOT have it on you...

Quote Originally Posted by DooFster View Post
    Aliante Discovery Park? ...
    Just be advised it is a City of North Las Vegas park. Might make it interesting, though that may not be a bad thing, too.

It is called the Nature Discovery Park here: http://www.cityofnorthlasvegas.com/d...ksbrochure.pdf
    Last edited by MAC702; 09-16-2013 at 11:18 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

There's power in numbers. If enough of us show up I'm sure it will be uneventful

I'm thinking about OCT 27 at about 11 am. Hidden Falls park. Corner of Horizon Drive and Horizon Ridge on Black Mountain in Henderson. Just off the 95 Not far from the 215.

Covered picnic area, playground right there, BBQ's, Open grass area, restrooms right there, Splash pads, Lot's of hiking trails around Black Mountain.

Let me know who is interested in this and I will see if I can put it together.

TBG

I may still be in Oregon, depending on how good I am am finding a deer in new territory. I have until November 1 to fill the tag. But don't let me stop you!
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Guy View Post
    I'm thinking about OCT 27 at about 11 am. Hidden Falls park. Corner of Horizon Drive and Horizon Ridge on Black Mountain in Henderson. Just off the 95 Not far from the 215.

Covered picnic area, playground right there, BBQ's, Open grass area, restrooms right there, Splash pads, Lot's of hiking trails around Black Mountain.

Let me know who is interested in this and I will see if I can put it together.

TBG
    We might be able to make it. Only for a hour before we go to work though. Its the day after my Bday. Maybe I will bring a cake!

I'm sorry folks but I have to back out of this. We have family obligations coming up and my weekends are going to be tied up. I am not going to be available until at least after the first of the year. Stuff happens. Maybe someone else can take over the planning for an OC picnic.

TBG

Picnic in the Park?

Sundays are typically hard for me but if someone pulls something together and that's the best day for the majority I will try to drop in for a bit.