• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Picnic in the Park?

The Big Guy

Las Vegas city park this time?

Depends on if we just want a relaxing outing, or do we want to challenge the establishment. Those who have permission slips are covered but the rest of us would be subject to arrest.
Not that I'm not for doing it in the future, but I have way too much on my plate at the moment to take on another cause right now. I think we need to directly challenge LV on this issue, but we need to plan it out, legal help and all.

I will do some more research on Henderson parks and perhaps we can find one in a better location for LV/NLV folks. There is a new park on Black Mountain that would be nice, just off the 95 close to the 215. Any suggestions?

Judging from what folks said last year, I think we will try it on Sunday this time. People seem to be pretty busy on Saturday. Again, any ideas?

TBG

The Big Guy

I'm thinking about OCT 27 at about 11 am. Hidden Falls park. Corner of Horizon Drive and Horizon Ridge on Black Mountain in Henderson. Just off the 95 Not far from the 215.

Covered picnic area, playground right there, BBQ's, Open grass area, restrooms right there, Splash pads, Lot's of hiking trails around Black Mountain.

Let me know who is interested in this and I will see if I can put it together.

TBG

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I may still be in Oregon, depending on how good I am am finding a deer in new territory. I have until November 1 to fill the tag. But don't let me stop you!

Vegassteve

I'm thinking about OCT 27 at about 11 am. Hidden Falls park. Corner of Horizon Drive and Horizon Ridge on Black Mountain in Henderson. Just off the 95 Not far from the 215.

Covered picnic area, playground right there, BBQ's, Open grass area, restrooms right there, Splash pads, Lot's of hiking trails around Black Mountain.

Let me know who is interested in this and I will see if I can put it together.

TBG

We might be able to make it. Only for a hour before we go to work though. Its the day after my Bday. Maybe I will bring a cake!

The Big Guy

I'm sorry folks but I have to back out of this. We have family obligations coming up and my weekends are going to be tied up. I am not going to be available until at least after the first of the year. Stuff happens. Maybe someone else can take over the planning for an OC picnic.

TBG

jdholmes

Sundays are typically hard for me but if someone pulls something together and that's the best day for the majority I will try to drop in for a bit.