• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone familiar with this group...?

Scooter

Considering joining some kind of "legal defense" network for firearms. I have looked around a bit and found one called Gun Owners Legal Defense Network (GOLD'N). For $100 a year you get legal representation for just about anything gun related not just the standard "after you used your gun" situations. I have no experience with any of these groups and wanted to get some feedback from anyone else who may have.

Hevymetal

Considering joining some kind of "legal defense" network for firearms. I have looked around a bit and found one called Gun Owners Legal Defense Network (GOLD'N). For $100 a year you get legal representation for just about anything gun related not just the standard "after you used your gun" situations. I have no experience with any of these groups and wanted to get some feedback from anyone else who may have.

I don't know about them personally but it doesn't look promising.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/gun-o...surance-scam-fraud-illegal-berea-ohio-1056843

http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=66110

IMHO for what it's worth. I would seek counsel that specializes in firearm related issues. When you have a specific need (Setting up NFA trust, appealing a denial, criminal defense, etc.) find a lawyer with expertise in that area.

It also usually helps if at all possible he practices in the area local to where you live or where your court appearance will be. He will be connected to other officials/judges/lawyers that may benefit your needs.

In most instances the old adage "you get what you pay for" is true. Put a few dollars away should the need ever arise and I believe you will be better served.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
I generally do not give money to political groups. None ever has viewpoints that mesh with mine 100%.

I will spend time and resources in aiding a group on particular causes. I'll object to politicians' nominating petitions (and have gotten folks booted off the ballot~and even if I don't win, they still had to spend $$ defending the case), lobby, attend public gatherings,walk precincts, be an election judge, analyze voting patterns to determine where to best spend other resources, etc. We can all do something if the cause is deemed worthy.

When you call up a candidate (and this has happened on several occasions) and offer your time and energy to assisting their campaign (you know, offer to walk a precinct or similar activities) and they blow you off and just ask for $$$ then you know that they are mainly looking just for money. What happens to campaign money left over after an election? It usually goes right into the pocket of the treasure of the campaign (usually the candidate or his friend).

So when ANY political group asks for YOUR HARD EARNED CASH ask them to open their financial books to you to see how they spend their (or your) money (what? $200 dinners?) ~ if they refuse, close your pocket book.

What, need $$ for lawsuits? There are plenty of lawyers who own guns too ... they'll file with or w/o us supporting them. Lawsuits will be filed ~ its our nature.

ken243

Might I suggest USCCA instead. I have been a customer here for some time and the coverage for the money is unmatched. Also, this may seem small but the magazine you get with your membership is by far the most informative gun magazine I have ever read. Please give them some consideration.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com

Raggs

Might I suggest USCCA instead. I have been a customer here for some time and the coverage for the money is unmatched. Also, this may seem small but the magazine you get with your membership is by far the most informative gun magazine I have ever read. Please give them some consideration.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com

3 easy steps to become a responsibly armed citizen"