Thread: Okie visiting LV next weekend. Anyone care to get together?

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association

Okie visiting LV next weekend. Anyone care to get together?

I'm returning to Nevada for a short getaway, will be staying at the Flamingo in LV from 9/19 to 9/22. Anyone in the area available for an OC lunch or anything? Or are there any events already planned for next weekend?

Open carried a couple of years ago in Reno and out in the desert when I went to Rachel... that's where I cut my teeth on OC before coming back to Oklahoma and fighting for our OC law. Nevada is one of my favorite time out spots.

Not an "OC event" but one of my favorite types of matches:

Saturday the 21st is a local ViMSAR match, if you have a military as-issued semi-automatic service rifle of M14 era or older. Most guys shoot it with an M1, but there are some FAL's, SKS's, AK, etc. The latter two (and the M1 Carbine) have a disadvantage because while the targets are full size steel plates, the ranges are 150-400 yards. No one ever gets a perfect score, but no one does too poorly, either; it's just about perfect for fun. It would be free since it would be your first match, too.

There is also usually the "Sniper" side match, using any vintage military as-issued rifle with a scope on it. The scope and mount can be modern, but must remain on a fixed power (6X or less) for the duration of the match. You can shoot either match or both.

I'm sure a lunch or dinner can also be arranged. We are always looking for an excuse if we can find the time (the hard part).
    Last edited by MAC702; 09-14-2013 at 06:16 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
    Thanks for the invitation, but I don't even own a rifle like that. I was thinking more along the lines of a lunch or dinner... I'll be arriving in LV on Thursday evening, and leaving Sunday around noon.