• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Okie visiting LV next weekend. Anyone care to get together?

okiebryan

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
I'm returning to Nevada for a short getaway, will be staying at the Flamingo in LV from 9/19 to 9/22. Anyone in the area available for an OC lunch or anything? Or are there any events already planned for next weekend?

Open carried a couple of years ago in Reno and out in the desert when I went to Rachel... that's where I cut my teeth on OC before coming back to Oklahoma and fighting for our OC law. Nevada is one of my favorite time out spots.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Not an "OC event" but one of my favorite types of matches:

Saturday the 21st is a local ViMSAR match, if you have a military as-issued semi-automatic service rifle of M14 era or older. Most guys shoot it with an M1, but there are some FAL's, SKS's, AK, etc. The latter two (and the M1 Carbine) have a disadvantage because while the targets are full size steel plates, the ranges are 150-400 yards. No one ever gets a perfect score, but no one does too poorly, either; it's just about perfect for fun. It would be free since it would be your first match, too.

There is also usually the "Sniper" side match, using any vintage military as-issued rifle with a scope on it. The scope and mount can be modern, but must remain on a fixed power (6X or less) for the duration of the match. You can shoot either match or both.

I'm sure a lunch or dinner can also be arranged. We are always looking for an excuse if we can find the time (the hard part).

Last edited: