Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: good writing---interesting related story on MSN

  1. #1
    Regular Member mel.380's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Warren, Michigan
    Posts
    1

    good writing---interesting related story on MSN

    Hi y'all. Been following the forums since '08, lots of good info, pro and con, from all contributors. Hope I'm in the right forum.
    I'm interested in your comments on a story that appeared on US News(MSN) today concerning George Zimmerman.

    http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...erman#comments

    One commenter suggested "All gun toters should man up and wear their firearms in hip holsters just like their heroes in the Old West." He seems to respect our rights to OC as well as we respect his rights to disagree and "avoid" us. No problem there except he comes on as just a 'hater'.

    Here's his comment:

    MkeMike
    "All gun toters should man up and wear their firearms in hip holsters just like their heroes in the Old West.

    That way, the rest of us can see them, choose to avoid them, refrain from hiring them, or interacting with them in any way, and they can live with the consequences of being societal outcasts. If owning a gun is a choice, choosing not to be around people with guns should also be a choice. Concealed carry is for wussies that are afraid to let everyone know they are toting a firearm. Let us protect our children, ourselves, and our businesses, by staying away from the gun toters. Identifying the gun nut is the first key element."

    What do you think?
    Last edited by mel.380; 09-13-2013 at 09:14 PM.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sherwood, MI
    Posts
    16
    It's the same people that think the police are there to serve and protect them personally, so why should ordinary people need guns? And, to be blunt, they are sheeple and would rather be victims. We must be very bad people to put our/family's safety first. Bad guys will not wait for the police. Police are the clean-up crew.

  3. #3
    Michigan Moderator Shadow Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grand Rapids
    Posts
    1,018
    Quote Originally Posted by mel.380 View Post
    Hi y'all. Been following the forums since '08, lots of good info, pro and con, from all contributors. Hope I'm in the right forum.
    I'm interested in your comments on a story that appeared on US News(MSN) today concerning George Zimmerman.

    http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...erman#comments

    One commenter suggested "All gun toters should man up and wear their firearms in hip holsters just like their heroes in the Old West." He seems to respect our rights to OC as well as we respect his rights to disagree and "avoid" us. No problem there except he comes on as just a 'hater'.

    Here's his comment:

    MkeMike
    "All gun toters should man up and wear their firearms in hip holsters just like their heroes in the Old West.

    That way, the rest of us can see them, choose to avoid them, refrain from hiring them, or interacting with them in any way, and they can live with the consequences of being societal outcasts. If owning a gun is a choice, choosing not to be around people with guns should also be a choice. Concealed carry is for wussies that are afraid to let everyone know they are toting a firearm. Let us protect our children, ourselves, and our businesses, by staying away from the gun toters. Identifying the gun nut is the first key element."

    What do you think?
    Odd; no one treats me any differently when I OC or CC. Perhaps mkemike is projecting his own fears on the general populace? Anyone feel like a societal outcast? Not me....
    'If the people are not ready for the exercise of the non-violence of the brave, they must be ready for the use of force in self defense. There should be no camouflage.....it must never be secret.' MK Gandhi II-146 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)-- Gandhi supports open carry!

    'There is nothing more demoralizing than the fake non-violence of the weak and impotent.' MK Gandhi II-153 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)

  4. #4
    Regular Member FreeInAZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Secret Bunker
    Posts
    2,573

    Re: good writing---interesting related story on MSN

    Quote Originally Posted by jfmi View Post
    It's the same people that think the police are there to serve and protect them personally, so why should ordinary people need guns? And, to be blunt, they are sheeple and would rather be victims. We must be very bad people to put our/family's safety first. Bad guys will not wait for the police. Police are the clean-up crew.
    You are far too kind. It is an example of punk @$$ americans who are the first to stomp their feet and scream mommy, daddy, big bro...HELP! They take no responsibility for their choices. They expect everyone else to respect their rights, yet they respect no one elses! This crap bag has no problem discriminating against someone simply for exercising their rights, and would see to it that no one who does can find a job, nice!

    Many americans are very happy to see others rights stripped away, as long as it doesn't seem to interfer with their rights. What these lazy b@stards don't realize is: any violation of rights allowed to go unchecked, will eventually find us all.
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 09-14-2013 at 07:46 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

    “Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Bear View Post
    Odd; no one treats me any differently when I OC or CC. Perhaps mkemike is projecting his own fears on the general populace? Anyone feel like a societal outcast? Not me....
    He does have the right to "choose not to be around" me. However, unless I am on property he controls, it is his responsibility to remove himself from my presence, not vice versa. He is more than welcome leave the area when I arrive.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •